Elk River Festival

Started by farmgal67357, September 08, 2012, 03:17:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

farmgal67357

Anyone heard anything about it? I have a friend that want's to compete in the chili cook off...
Lisa
Lisa

Janet Harrington

They aren't doing it this year. Said they didn't have enough volunteers to help with it.

Jane

Information I received was, the venders did not make enough money to come back this year.

Bullwinkle

I was told the same thing as Janet. The vendors are but a small part of it anyway, although Fred is probably disappointed.  :laugh:

farmgal67357

No body asked me to volunteer! I didn't even know who was in charge of it! I'm bummed. We really enjoyed it last year.
Lisa
Lisa

Bullwinkle

Maybe our Economic Development director should have been doing her job instead of cruising around in her gas guzzler SUV doing nothing. A simple flyer or ad in the paper would have no doubt ferreted out the people like you, Lisa, who are willing/ able to help.

Bob Black is, however, behind an event of sorts called" Life is Fine on 99" . I don't know the details.

jprxmkt

The Elk River Festival is an event put on by the Howard Chamber of Commerce as is the local organization of the Finds on 99.  Bob Black is the current president of the Chamber of Commerce.

farmgal67357

Well at least now I know who to talk to about volunteering! ;D
Lisa
PS: if they will take a dizzy dame like me.....
Lisa

oldfart

I doubt Bob Black and his bunch came up with this ideal ,maybe moving the dates will help wiyh sales having it  in the past on first weekend in Oct. when every other town did it too ,plus all the Oct.fest.

jason clatt

all they have to do is put the word out..people that know me know that i am a sucker for volunteering..lol..

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk