Elk River Festival

Started by farmgal67357, September 08, 2012, 03:17:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jprxmkt

"Bob Black and his bunch" never claimed to have come up with this idea, and the Elk River Festival was never in October.  It has always been the 4th weekend of Sept. (usually the weekend before the 1st weekend in October.)

Howard Chamber of Commerce

In behalf of the Chamber I would like to apologize for the confusion over the upcoming changes.The Elk River Festival will be transitioning into separate events at least this year.Chamber decided it would be in the best interest of the local businesses to join in with something bigger instead of trying to compete with every other town's activities.We are very grateful to Jennifer Montgomery for her leadership in this area of coordinating Chamber with a bigger group.Dorothy Tiffany is still in charge of local maps and will have those printed out for us that day. This is September 21 and 22nd,2012,with garage and special sales all along the route.
The second event is Howard Business Appreciation Dinner in Jackson Park,with Rusty Rierson.This begins with dinner at 5:30 and entertainment at 7:00PM.Please bring your own lawn chair.
Going back to the original statement,we truly need volunteers.Please contact me,Connie Saxton for your concerns.

indygal

Thanks for posting this, Connie. Also, the appreciation dinner is Sept. 29.

oldfart

I was talking about yard sales not river fest.

Wilma

The yard sales day has been moved to the weekend of Sept. 21 in conjunction with the Highway 99.  Being part of a bigger festival might mean more business for the local yard sales.  I am not having one this fall as my daughters can't take care of it this time.  Maybe I will check out what everybody else is doing.

Mom70x7

Wilma -

We have some books we can bring you, just so you don't feel so lonely!  :D

Wilma

So kind of you to think of me.  Thanks, but no thanks.  I am kind of looking forward to having the fall off.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk