This and That...

Started by Warph, September 04, 2012, 01:52:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warph

WH Refusing To Turn Over Documents About Birth Control Mandate,
Tries To Block Subpoena From Catholic Church

"Dammit, Plugs... my zipper is stuck again"

(Reuters) – The Obama administration has gone to court to try to block a subpoena from the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of New York seeking White House documents about the government's requirement of insurance coverage for birth control.

The subpoena requesting documents from President Barack Obama and his senior advisers would be burdensome to fulfill, the administration said in a lawsuit filed in U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia.

Citing U.S. Supreme Court precedent, the suit also argues that civil subpoenas of the president's executive office are inappropriate except in extraordinary circumstances.

The lawsuit was filed on Thursday and released on a court website on Friday
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/04/06/us-usa-courts-obama-idUSBRE93500120130406

Hmmm... gosh, why would they need to hide documents related to this mandate-unless there were discussions that indicated their motives were problematic?
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Warph

Vice President "Plugs" Biden's most famous rhetorical tic: Literally

Plugs said this today:  "Literally. I mean this literally. Not figuratively, literally."

If I understand correctly, the Veep was speaking in support of legislation that would increase the number of green cards awarded to immigrants studying in the United States who graduate with advanced degrees in science, technology, engineering and mathematics, or STEM.  If Plugs has his way, those green cards will be attached physically to the diploma with a staple... not stuffed in an envelope together or paper clipped, but LITERALLY stapled.

I think that was the context. That, or this....

Plugs just told Obuma." You gotta be careful how you talk about broads, man.  Literally.

Oh yeah... for a few good laughs, you want to be sure to check out Plugs on his new show: Being Biden at: http://www.whitehouse.gov/being-biden

He is Literally... I mean this Literally, NOT Figuratively.... Literally NUTS!

...Warph

--Warph

-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Diane Amberg

Yep, industry has been begging for more of all on that list.
Our local math whiz kids are often hired by wall street and some, not all, foreign kids go back to the country they came from. The US is not benefiting from them after graduation. The foreign students come in paying cash, no debt problems. These folks are being courted to keep them.. I see it here at UD. They have always specialized in chemistry to feed our chemical research industry and biology and computers too.
Delaware industry has been begging, literally, for more STEM schools. Poke Joe as you wish, but it's very shallow thinking. Our economy here hasn't slumped nearly as badly as many states.

Warph

Quote from: Diane Amberg on April 07, 2013, 08:52:36 AM
Yep, industry has been begging for more of all on that list.
Our local math whiz kids are often hired by wall street and some, not all, foreign kids go back to the country they came from. The US is not benefiting from them after graduation. The foreign students come in paying cash, no debt problems. These folks are being courted to keep them.. I see it here at UD. They have always specialized in chemistry to feed our chemical research industry and biology and computers too.
Delaware industry has been begging, literally, for more STEM schools.

Isn't Wilmington called the "Chemical Capital of the World?"  STEM shouldn't be that big of a problem for the state.  Dept of Labor just awarded $500 Million in Grants to Community Colleges for the U.S.  And with these new grants, it should emphasize the importance of STEM education K-12.  Call Joe and get him and his buddy Jack Markell to get in touch with, E. I. du Pont, etc., and hire Ms. Schrader to straighten out Delaware's STEM situation... she's got her.. er.. a... stuff together... (see below).  Qualified teachers would be a big 'must.'      

STEM education: Where the girls are not
by Cheryl B. Schrader -- Chancellor of Missouri University of Science and Technology in Rolla, Mo.

In just a few days (on Feb. 19), some 180 companies from across Missouri and the U.S. will travel to our campus's Career Fair to recruit engineers, scientists and other in-demand, tech-savvy students. As the economy builds steam, companies large and small are seeking talented recruits for jobs in manufacturing, software engineering and other industries.

While that demand is good news for engineering and science students, a new national report forecasts a troubling future. Interest in these careers will not keep pace with demand. Compounding this issue, the gender gap in these fields is widening.

The Jan. 30 report from STEMconnector and My College Options — titled "Where Are the STEM Students?" — underscores the importance of these fields for our nation's future economic well-being. It also presents a challenge for all of us in education, from kindergarten through college, to increase interest levels in science, technology, engineering and mathematics — the so-called STEM fields — for all types of students.

While the majority of U.S. college students today are female, they remain a minority in many science and engineering fields. If universities are to meet the future demands of our economy, we can't leave half of the college-bound population on the sidelines.

How can we change that? The STEMconnector report offers some hints.

Female high school students who are interested in these fields often gravitate toward biology, chemistry, marine biology and science — areas often associated with a desire to make the world a better place. Women tend to be drawn to these service-oriented professions.

But thanks to the rise of cloud computing, information systems and the app economy, 71 percent of the new STEM jobs in 2018 are projected to be in the computing fields. Getting girls interested in these fields at a young age will be critical if we are to meet the coming demand for talented and well-educated computer scientists, computer engineers and game designers.

With this in mind, it's important to convey to young women computing's role in serving society. We should show a young woman how a computer science degree could equip her to design a new app to diagnose illness. That may appeal more to her desire to help others than, say, showing her how to write code for yet another online game.

Programs like Project Lead the Way, which introduces middle school and high school students to engineering and science, help students learn more about these fields at an early age. In Missouri, 165 high schools and middle schools are using PLTW's engineering and biomedical sciences materials to generate more interest in those areas.

But no single solution will address the broader challenges facing Missouri and our nation. Engineering and science summer camps for youngsters of all ages are critical if we are to maintain our competitive edge in an increasingly global economy. And female high school students need to know that they can succeed in fields where they have traditionally been in the minority. They need mentors and role models who can show them that by pursuing a STEM education, they can make a difference in the world.

Quote from: Diane Amberg on April 07, 2013, 08:52:36 AM

Poke Joe as you wish, but it's very shallow thinking. Our economy here hasn't slumped nearly as badly as many states.

Yeah, Delaware is better off right now than most... that's why they are "the small wonder" State... because of its corporate laws... (no thanks to Joe)... more corporations are headquartered in Delaware than in any other state.  Not bad for the little 49th State.  Guess the Delawareans knew what they were doing when they seceded from Maryland and caused the Great Flood at Lewes  and Cape May to cut New Jersey in half and creating Delaware Bay for 'Plugs to do a little fishing... not bad, not bad.

Speaking of 'Plugs'... here is his new video from "Being Biden."  Ought to be a winner, don't you think?  ;) 

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

Published on Feb 4, 2013 by http://newenglandtaskforce.webs.com

DISCLAIMER:  **VIEWER DISCRETION IS ADVISED** This footage is graphic and very intense with many 'F' words and is intended for mature audiences only.  The Stories of L.Cpl. Joshua Dickinson and L.Cpl. Brandon Burns, 3-1 Marines, Al Falluga, Iraq --Nov. 2004:

--Warph

-- Warph

jarhead

Great video Warph. I see the Marines today haven't changed much since the "old Corps" The one not wanting to be Med Evaced. I have seen that so many times. One in particular was my beloved Plt Sgt, Arkansas. Got hit with shrapnel in his shoulder. That would be his 3rd Purple Heart and a ticket back to the world but he pleaded with them not to chopper him out so the senior squid stitched him up with 20 plus stitches, then they choppered him to the rear and sent him to Bangkok on R&R to give him a a little time to heal.
  Next thing I noticed , it's still pretty hard to get Marines to cease fire, once they get "fired up".
  Only thing I see different is these new Marines curse. Shame on them. My bunch were like alter boys in this regard !! :angel:

jarhead

Overlapping wind energy initiatives spark claims of waste, as IRS increases tax credit

WASHINGTON – A recent government report shows billions in taxpayer dollars are being swept away by pricey wind energy initiatives that often overlap, even as the IRS moves to up the value of a popular tax credit.

The Government Accountability Office recently identified 82 federal wind-related initiatives implemented by nine agencies in fiscal year 2011. The nearly seven dozen initiatives were fragmented across agencies and had overlapping characteristics, and several that financed deployment of wind facilities provided some duplicative financial support, the report found.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/04/08/government-report-finds-taxpayer-money-getting-blown-away-by-wind/#ixzz2PuRVtEKs

Warph

The new Judicial Watch blockbuster feature documentary **District of Corruption**... directed by Stephen K. Bannon, lays bare the lawless and unconstitutional Obama administration and makes the case for more openness, integrity, and honesty in government and leads the way for changing the climate of corruption that has gripped Washington, D.C. for far too long.

~Coming to DVD in the near Future~

http://www.judicialwatch.org/districtofcorruptionmovie/#inTheFilm

The following is a breakdown of the Film on Fox News Hannity...

Prologue:
Presents a gripping lineup of the gross malfeasance and unparalleled secrecy of our government today. The film exposes Obama administration scandals such as Solyndra, Fast and Furious, Crony Capitalism, Czars, and its politicized Justice Department. This cabal of government insiders comprises an essentially Shadow Government that uses favoritism, regulatory power, and abuse of office to enrich the party faithful at the expense of the general public.

Act 1:
Explores the recent history of the abuse of power in Washington during the Bush and Clinton administrations to put the current state of affairs in context. Act I will end as a dog-eared and beaten George W. Bush gives way to a Chicago politician claiming "Transparency and the rule of law will be the touchstones of this Presidency."

Act 2:
Covers more major Obama Scandals. Will briefly consider Obama the "community organizer," the professor, and the State Senator before delving more deeply into the scandals (such as the Bailouts, White House Visitor Logs, Secrecy, White House Czars, Green Energy, Fast and Furious) that have marked the first four years of his Presidency. Act II ends with an exposé on White House secrecy controversy and sets up the stakes for the next election, specifically focusing on voter and election fraud.

Act 3:
Provides an in-depth exploration of the Judicial Watch 2012 Election Integrity Project, the upcoming election, and will answer the questions: What is the meaning of these abuses of power to the rule of law and the future of the United States? And why is Judicial Watch absolutely essential as an advocate for the rule of law and independent watchdog for the people of the United States?

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

Americans Are Migrating To More Free Republican States

By JOHN MERLINE, INVESTOR'S BUSINESS DAILY

Americans are migrating from less-free liberal states to more-free conservative states, where they are doing better economically, according to a new study published Thursday by George Mason University's Mercatus Center.

The "Freedom in the 50 States" study measured economic and personal freedom using a wide range of criteria, including tax rates, government spending and debt, regulatory burdens, and state laws covering land use, union organizing, gun control, education choice and more.

It found that the freest states tended to be conservative "red" states, while the least free were liberal "blue" states.

The freest state overall, the researchers concluded, was North Dakota, followed by South Dakota, Tennessee, New Hampshire and Oklahoma. The least free state by far was New York, followed by California, New Jersey, Hawaii and Rhode Island.

The study also compared its measures of economic and personal freedom to population shifts and income growth, and found that freer states tend to do better on both scores than those less free.

For example, it found a strong correlation between a state's freedom ranking and migration, which means that Americans are gravitating toward states that have less-intrusive governments.

Escape From New York, L.A.
New York, for example, saw a net migration of -9.2% between 2000 and 2011, and California's was -4.2%. In contrast, Tennessee gained 4.4%, and Oklahoma gained 1.3%.

An IBD analysis of the data found that "red" states — those voting for Republican presidential candidates in the past two elections — saw an overall net migration of 2.2%, while "blue" states saw an overall average net migration of -0.3%.

"People are voting for places with greater freedom," said William Ruger, a political scientist at Texas State University and one of the co-authors of the study. That was true, he said, even after controlling for things like weather and amenities that might attract people to states independent of these freedom measures.

The study also found that states with more freedom tended to see stronger income growth. This was particularly true in states with more regulatory freedom.

"Adam Smith was right," Ruger said. "If you have economic freedom, you will have economic growth."

IBD has previously reported that red states saw stronger job growth, lower unemployment and bigger gains in per capita income than blue states during the economic recovery. For example, IBD found that in the first three years of the recovery, red states saw 1.9% job growth compared with 1.2% for blue states

Read More At Investor's Business Daily: http://news.investors.com/032813-649561-americans-leaving-blue-calif-ny-for-freer-red-states.aspx#ixzz2PwlnljYK
--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

British Leftist MP Defends North Korea Against "Wicked" America And "Evil" Britain

Daily Caller - Jamie Weinstein, Senior Editor

Left-wing British Member of Parliament George Galloway, a long-time defender of the world's worst dictatorships, blamed the tensions on the Korean peninsula on the United States Thursday.

"I'm much more afraid of the United States of America and so are most people in the world," Galloway said on "Comments," a show he hosts on the Iranian government's English-language propaganda station, Press TV.

"North Korea has no intention to harm any of us. North Korea's problem is with South Korea. South Korea exists because America invaded Korea, killed millions of people, divided the country and continues to garrison South Korea with military bases, nuclear weapons, chemical and biological weapon." [...]

"I believe that this is a United States trumped up little crisis," he said. "They have pushed and pushed North Korea into a corner. The people in North Korea are in very dire straights in terms of standards of food, amount of food and access to oil and other energy resources."

This is the same jackass clown who said this morning: "Thatcher described Nelson Mandela as a "terrorist. I was there. I saw her lips move. May she burn in the hellfires. Tramp the Dirt Down!"
--Warph

-- Warph

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk