This and That...

Started by Warph, September 04, 2012, 01:52:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warph

Mitt Romney's 2011 Tax Return....

Obuma and his leftie-clowns want to get their hands on the enormous trove of data included in his full returns...2011 actually included three separate returns for the Romneys' individual blind trusts and their family trust... so they can pick through it for little details they can pull out of context and drop into political attacks, secure in the knowledge that few in their audience will understand the extremely complicated tax laws governing a fortune of this size well enough to weed out disinformation, and the media certainly won't help them do it.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/21/mitt-romney-tax-returns-released_n_1904242.html
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Warph

Like I said above, it has already started... here is that miserable, despicable, excuse of a man and Senate Majority Leader, Harry Reid flapping his (ass) cheeks about Romney's 2011 tax return.  "Joker" Reid seized on a quirk of Romney's 2011 taxes.... one of only two years the candidate has fully documented... to argue that Romney could be "manipulating" the data.

...Warph

From statement released by Reid's office today:

"The information released today reveals that Mitt Romney manipulated one of the only two years of tax returns he's seen fit to show the American people – and then only to 'conform' with his public statements. That raises the question: what else in those returns has Romney manipulated? We already know Romney has money in tax havens in Switzerland, Bermuda and the Cayman Islands. What we don't know is why he refuses to be straight with the American people about the choices he's made in his financial life. When will the American people see the returns he filed before he was running for president? Governor Romney is showing us what he does when the public is looking. The true test of his character would be to show what he did when everyone was not looking at his taxes.

"It's also galling to see the creative accounting Mitt Romney applied to his own tax returns only days after learning of his insulting comments that seniors, soldiers and hard-working parents don't pay enough taxes. Once again, we see Mitt Romney is out of touch with middle class families, who don't have the luxury of accounting wizards and foreign tax shelters. It's obvious he believes in two sets of rules: one for him, and one for the middle class. He says he wants to be president for only half the people but he acts like he only cares for the top two percent. Despite the fiscal cliff looming in just over three months, Mitt Romney refuses to explain the details of his tax policy. Will the policies he proposes benefit all Americans, or only multi-millionaires like him?"

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/251089-reid-romney-refuses-to-be-straight-with-the-american-people-on-taxes
--Warph

-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Warph

Deer doesn't dig this dude's Obuma Lawn Sign display.  Even a deer instinctively doesnt like Obuma...  Animals are not supposed to be able to reason, yet these deer know that Obuma is inherently bad so they take action against Obuma.

These deer must be a higher life form than democrats, who continue to support this monster that even a supossedly dumb animal instinctively recognize Obuma as evil.  Too bad that deer and other "dumb" animals cannot vote; their vote would surely be more intelligent than the average democrats.
--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

Note From Trustee Brad Malt
Brad Malt | September 21, 2012

http://www.mittromney.com/blogs/mitts-view/2012/09/note-trustee-brad-malt

Mitt Romney will release a copy of his 2011 tax returns at 3 p.m. Friday as well as a summary of his tax rates -- but not, as requested by Democrats, copies of his actual returns -- for the years 1990-2009.

According to the campaign, Romney paid a 14.1 percent tax rate. Pushing back against speculation from Democrats, most notably Sen. Harry Reid (D-NV), that he paid little to no taxes at some point in his career, Romney's campaign now claims the lowest effective rate he ever paid was 13.66 percent and that the average across the 20 year period 20.20 percent.

Romney deilberately did not claim about $1.75 million in charitable deductions for 2011 in order to avoid dipping below an effective tax rate of 13 percent, a threshold he said earlier in the year he had never crossed in his previous 10 tax returns.

The campaign's description of Romney's taxes are below, from Romney's trustee R. Bradford Malt:

This morning, Gov. and Mrs. Romney filed their 2011 tax return with the IRS. At 3:00pm today, the Romney for President campaign will be posting the 2011 return online.

The complete 2011 tax return, with full schedules, statements, and attachments, will be made available with all other previously-disclosed information at www.mittromney.com/disclosure.

Also posted will be a notarized letter from the Romneys' tax preparer, PricewaterhouseCoopers, LLP (PWC), giving a summary of tax rates from the Romneys' tax returns for the 20-year period of 1990-2009.

In advance of the posting of these new documents, I wanted to provide some top-line details.

Regarding the newly-filed 2011 Tax Return:

In 2011, the Romneys paid $1,935,708 in taxes on $13,696,951 in mostly investment income.

The Romneys' effective tax rate for 2011 was 14.1%.

The Romneys donated $4,020,772 to charity in 2011, amounting to nearly 30% of their income.

The Romneys claimed a deduction for $2.25 million of those charitable contributions.

The Romneys' generous charitable donations in 2011 would have significantly reduced their tax obligation for the year. The Romneys thus limited their deduction of charitable contributions to conform to the Governor's statement in August, based upon the January estimate of income, that he paid at least 13% in income taxes in each of the last 10 years.

As with the 2010 tax return, the 2011 tax return will appear as four separate documents. It includes Governor and Mrs. Romney's Form 1040 as well as three underlying Massachusetts trusts detailing the sources of their income. Those are The W. Mitt Romney Blind Trust, The Ann D. Romney Blind Trust, and The Romney Family Trust.

The investments within the trusts are managed on a blind basis by me, the trustee. I have sole responsibility for making, holding and disposing of the investments.

Regarding the PWC letter covering the Romneys' tax filings over 20 years, from 1990 – 2009:

In each year during the entire 20-year period, the Romneys owed both state and federal income taxes.

Over the entire 20-year period, the average annual effective federal tax rate was 20.20%.

Over the entire 20-year period, the lowest annual effective federal personal tax rate was 13.66%.

Over the entire 20-year period, the Romneys gave to charity an average of 13.45% of their adjusted gross income.

Over the entire 20-year period, the total federal and state taxes owed plus the total charitable donations deducted represented 38.49% of total AGI.

During the 20-year period covered by the PWC letter, Gov. and Mrs. Romney paid 100 percent of the taxes that they owed.

Finally, in addition to new documents related to tax filings, the campaign will also be posting on the same website physician letters for both Gov. Romney and Rep. Ryan, making public their current state of health.

After you have reviewed all of the newly-posted documents, you may have further questions. The campaign asks that you direct them to an e-mail account set up for that purpose. That e-mail address is returns @ mittromney.com.

Thank you.

R. Bradford Malt is a partner at Ropes & Gray, LLP. He has been the trustee of the Romney's blind trust since 2003.
--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

Gov. Mitt Romney Taxes/ Public Disclosure

http://www.mittromney.com/disclosure

Gov. And Mrs. Romney's complete 2011 tax return is now available below, in addition to their complete 2010 tax return.

The Romneys have provided extensive information about their personal finances, including over 1,200 pages of federal tax returns that are now public on this website.

Also posted is a letter from the Romneys' tax preparer, PricewaterhouseCoopers, LLP, which gives an overview of the Romneys' tax returns covering an additional 20 years, from 1990-2009.

Governor Romney's tax returns show:

First, as a successful businessman, Governor Romney has not only added value to our economy through his investment and business activity, but he has paid millions in taxes every year to the U.S. government.

Second, the Romneys take to heart "to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." Accordingly, they have been generous in their charitable giving, donating over $7 million between 2010-2011 – donating more to charity than they paid in federal income taxes.

Third, Mitt Romney has scrupulously complied with the U.S. tax code, and his income is reported and taxed at the applicable rates, and he has paid 100 percent of what he has owed.

In addition, Gov. Romney has released nine financial disclosures since 2002, which are also posted on this site. There are 3 federal Public Financial Disclosures (from 2007, 2011, and 2012), and 6 Massachusetts Statements of Financial Interests (from 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, and 2007).

With a decade's worth of financial disclosure documents and the Romneys' recent tax returns, the American people have extensive information about their personal finances, above and beyond what is required by the law.

This site also includes Congressman Paul Ryan's financial information. Posted are tax returns from 2011 and 2010 for Paul and Janna Ryan, as well as 14 federal Public Financial Disclosures covering 1999-2012.

Additionally, there are now physician letters for both Gov. Romney and Rep. Ryan, making public their physical condition and medical history. These letters are being provided in the interest of public disclosure.

See all of Romney's Tax Records:

http://www.mittromney.com/disclosure
--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

Quote from: drpc1a on September 22, 2012, 01:54:19 PM
Tricky Mitt UNDER PAID his taxes. Donated about $4 million to charity in 2011, but claimed only $2.25 million as a deduction.
That means the Romneys voluntarily paid a higher tax rate than they were legally required.

In January, Tricky Mitt insisted, "I don't pay more than are legally due and frankly if I had paid more than are legally due I don't think I'd be qualified to become president."

So, Tricky Mitt said he'd be unqualified to be president if he paid more than is legally due, and then he paid more than is legally due, because of a "unique position."

Why did Tricky Mitt UNDER PAY his taxes?

1. Tricky Mitt claimed he'd always paid only what was due, and not a dollar more and that his tax rate was no less than 13%.
So with this statement on the RECORD, he was able to manipulate his tax rate by only claiming a portion of his donations to charity; 2.25 out of 4.

*If Tricky Mitt would have claimed the total $4 million in deductions, he would have an effective tax rate of ***8%***, not the 13% he'd previously claimed he paid. Do the Math!

2. Tricky Mitt has 3 yrs to amend this 2011 tax return. If you believe that his lawyer will not file an amended tax return the day after the election in order to collect the extra $225,000 and use the $1.75 million in deductions,
I have a bridge in Tacoma to sell U!

Tricky Mitt lives up to his pseudonym; he will bend the facts, mislead the masses, and he is in fact a LAIR! Just like his VP choice Lyin' Ryan!

Vote in Nov!

***Tricky Mitt Show US Your Papers!***
***¡Muéstrenoslos!***
Lyin' Ryan Had to Show U 10 Yrs of His Returns!

Now that we got that out of the way...Okay, Tricky Barack... show the American People YOUR PAPERS!

LIKE:

Real Birth Certificate...
(Where's the proof Barack Obama was born in the U.S. or that he fulfills the
"natural-born American" clause in the Constitution?  He reported in his book
he was born in Hawaii and his half-sister agrees. But the woman the president
says is his paternal grandmother, Sarah Obama, claimed to have been present
at her grandson's birth in Mombasa, Kenya.
The Constitution, Article 2, Section 1, states, "No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President.")

Noelani Elementary School Records on Oahu...

Punahou School Records in Hawaii...

Occidental College records...

Columbia University Records...

Your Columbia thesis "Soviet Nuclear Disarmament" that you said you wrote... (before applying to Harvard, Obama is said to have written a major thesis in his senior year.
It has not been released.)

Harvard Law School Records...

Your Harvard Law Review articles....

Your University of Chicago Scholarly Articles...
(The university of Chicago offered Obama a full-time tenure-track position, an honor typically reserved for published instructors.  However, reporters have been unable to find scholarly articles authored by him.  The university reports that Obama declined the tenure offer.... [cough, cough]  Sarah Galer, news editor at the Law School and Harris School of Public Policy at the University of Chicago, told WND, "President Obama wrote 'Dreams from My Father' while at the law school but did not produce any scholarly articles as far as I know.")

Obama's Passport...
(According to March 2008 reports, State Department employees conducted an unauthorized search of Obama's passport files during the recent presidential campaign. CNN reported that three different contract workers accessed his information on separate occasions – Jan. 9, Feb. 21 and March 14 – without authorization. Two workers were fired and another faced discipline.
Obama's files reportedly contained copies of passport applications, birth date, basic biographical information, records of passport renewal and possibly citizenship information.  The Obama campaign demanded a thorough investigation to determine which employees looked at the file and why.
"This is an outrageous breach of security and privacy, even from an administration that has shown little regard for either over the last eight years," Obama campaign spokesman Bill Burton told CNN in a statement.  "Our government's duty is to protect the private information of the American people, not use it for political purposes."
Meanwhile, a key witness who had been cooperating with federal investigators was later found fatally shot in front of a Washington, D.C., church.  A police officer found the body of Lt. Quarles Harris Jr., 24, slumped dead inside his car.
At the time, investigators said they didn't have any information connecting the murder to the passport case. After one year of investigation of the homicide, there have been no arrests.
The passport has not been released.)

Medical records...
( http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/30/us/politics/30obama.html?_r=0 )

Other documents...
According to additional records listed, other documents that remain unreleased include:

Complete files and schedules of his years as an Illinois state senator from 1997 to 2004....

Obama's client list from during his time in private practice with the Chicago law firm of Davis, Miner, Barnhill and Gallard...

Illinois State Bar Association records...

Baptism records....

Obama/Dunham marriage license...

Obama/Dunham divorce documents...

Soetoro/Dunham marriage license...

Adoption records...

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

An email from Israel:

"I'm just sharing this...don't attack the messenger!

PEOPLE NEED TO BE AWARE OF WHAT IS GETTING READY TO HAPPEN, PLEASE PLEASE...PAY ATTENTION HERE!!!!

FROM A FRIEND: Intel From Israel on Whats getting set to Happen in the Middle East. My brother and his family live in Jerusalem - he is a minister - and a former Navy SEAL - his office is close to one of Isra
el 's largest underground military bases. He called me last night which is very unusual - usually it is email. He called to tell me that he is sending his family back to the US immediately due to what he is seeing happen within the last week and what he is being told by his military contacts in both the Israel and US military. He said he is seeing with his own eyes military movements the likes of which he has never seen in his 20+ years in Israel .

What he called a massive redeployment and protective tactics of forces is underway.

Over the last two days he has seen anti-aircraft missile deployments throughout the Jerusalem area including 3 mobile units that he can see from his office windows. In addition, he has seen very large Israeli armored columns moving fast toward the Synai where Egypt has now moved in Armor. There are reports of the top military leaders meeting with Israel 's Sr. Rabi which is something that has happened preceding every prior military campaign.

His admonition is to watch carefully and pray for Israel and its people. He is convinced that barring something extraordinary Israel will attack Iran - with or without the US - and very soon. It is the belief in Israel that Obama does not stand with Israel but with the Arab countries. He has told me before that Israel will saber rattle from time to time but that this time is very different from what he is seeing and hearing.

He was at the Wailing Wall 2 days ago and there were hundreds of IDF soldiers there. As he was leaving he passed at least 20 military buses full of soldiers in route to the wall. HE has never seen this before either. Just thought I would pass this along. My brother is not an alarmist by any means. When he talks like this it gets my attention for sure and usually I find he knows more than he shares. here are reports that Israel is asking Obama to come to Israel immediately but they are being answered with silence.

My opinion is that I see the making of the perfect storm."

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

http://0.tqn.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/T/u/2/obama-on-vacation.jpg

The United States Air Force is being sued by a Conservative group called Judicial Watch over Michelle Obama's trip to Spain in 2010.
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/theoval/post/2012/03/group-seeks-michelle-obama-travel-records/1#.T1cQxPWNwhA

Judicial Watch wants to know the passengers that went along with the Obamas to Spain. And they want to know the travel costs.

The Whitehouse's response:
"The first lady is on a private trip," White House spokesman Robert Gibbs said at the time. "She is a private citizen and is the mother of a daughter on a private trip. And I think I'd leave it at that."

And Tom Fitton of Judicial Watch: 
"That this lavish trip may be a source of embarrassment for the Obamas is not a sufficient reason to stonewall the release of records.

Evidently, American taxpayers were stuck with a sizable bill so Mrs. Obama could tour around Spain with her family and friends.

This administration, as a supposed steward of taxpayer dollars, has an obligation to disclose the full costs of the Obama family's luxury trip."

Sixteen Vacations by the Obamas. Everytime the Obamas take a vacation, the taxpayers are on the hook for a lot of money. Airfare, food, hotels, per diems for the secret service and Whitehouse staff. As well as use of the presidential jet. When the Bush family went to Texas for their vacations, the expenses were minimal. You cannot compare the lavish lifestyle of the Obama administration to the relaxed Bush lifestyle.

In the past year alone, the Obamas have gone to South Africa, Botswana, Martha's Vineyard, Hawaii, and Aspen.

...President's Day 2012: Aspen, CO to ski
...Christmas 2011: Hawaii
...Summer 2011: Martha's Vineyard
...June 2011 South Africa, Botswana
...President's Day 2011: Vail to ski
...Christmas 2010: Hawaii
...August 2010: Panama City Beach, FL
...August 2010: Chicago (Obama alone)
...August 2010: Spain (1st lady and Sasha)
...August 2010: Martha's Vineyard
...July 2010: Mount Desert Island, Maine
...May 2010: Chicago
...March 2010: New York City
...Christmas 2009: Hawaii
...August 2009: Yellowstone National Park, Grand Canyon
...August 2009: Martha's Vineyard

Read more at http://www.reagancoalition.com/articles/2012/20120221001-sixteen-obama-vacations.html#ZREoT47D5loFD2CF.99

Read more at http://www.reagancoalition.com/articles/2012/20120307001-obama-spain-vacation.html#3kMCuUbXMWSRlALr.99
--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

So not everyone is thrilled with the new lunch menus offered by the Department of Agriculture, which are adhering to fresh guidelines as set out by First Lady Michelle"Let them eat hummus" Obuma.  Her anti-obesity campaign, called "You Fat Horses Make Me Sick," is leaving some teens feeling a tad unwell themselves:

Students across the country are complaining about the new school lunch regulations.

Perhaps the real motive is to starve students into slimming down.  Just ask students in Pierre, South Dakota who, too, are in an all-out revolt.

"I know a lot of my friends who are just drinking a jug of milk for their lunch. And they are not getting a proper meal," middle school student Samantha Gortmaker told Keloland.com.

Despite the fact that the new regulations have increased the cost of a lunch 20 to 25 cents per plate, it's not pleasing students.

Some are throwing away their vegetables while others are adapting to the rules by becoming industrious. In New Bedford, Massachusetts, students have created a black market... for chocolate syrup.  The kiddie capitalists are smuggling in bottles of it and selling it by the squeeze, according to SouthCoastToday.com.  More power to them, I say.

Nancy Carvalho, director of food services for New Bedford Public Schools, was quoted as saying, "...that hummus and black bean salads have been tough sells in elementary cafeterias.  That means even smaller children are going through the day fighting hunger pains, which can never be considered a good thing."

Hummus?  HUMMUS!  You've got to be kidding me.  Black bean salad?  What are they... in a hospital?  That's not even real American food, like pizza and frankfurters and tacos.

Once again, the miserable communists in the White House have taken a page out of the North Korean playbook and are determined to so weaken the constitutions of our yutes that revolt against the state will no longer be physically possible.

"If you're hungry and you know it, clap your hands...
if you're hungry and you know it..."

Our young men and women must now crawl on their bellies just to get to class, a wisp of an alfalfa sprout dangling from their ammonia-reeking gobs.  No doubt they find it impossible to pay attention in class, what with their kidneys shutting down and constantly tripping over catheters.

Ignorant, feeble, and starving: America's future, ladies and gentlemen!  Vulnerable to our enemies!  Pliable to the powers that be!

I say we break into these cafeterias with chili cheeseburgers, malteds, and french fries and renew the spirit of America!

Who's with me?!

Oooh, wait...I think I pulled something....ow....ow...

Sheeeesh.... Warph
--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

"Get'um up, Scout"

"As a kid, I never asked my mommy for documentation when she talked about our Native American heritage," says Warren in the new TV ad. "What kid would? But I knew my father's family didn't like that she was part-Cherokee and part-Delaware, so my parents had to elope. 

ah, Lizzie... Soooo sad... so sad.

"Let me be clear. I never asked for or never got any benefit because of my heritage. The people who hired me have all said they didn't even know about it," she continues.  "Scott Brown can continue attacking my family, but I'm going to keep fighting for yours," Warren concludes.

Again... so sad... not to mention that's bullshit.
--Warph

-- Warph

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk