This and That...

Started by Warph, September 04, 2012, 01:52:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warph

From Newsbusters:http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tim-graham/2013/04/04/daily-kos-imagines-violent-fisting-spiked-gloves-religious-right-bigots

Top Far-Left Liberal Blog Daily Kos Wants Religious Right "Bigots"
Violently "Fisted" With Spiked Gloves

by the very Sick Mind, "LeftHandedMan"
(who is Markos Moulitsas Zúniga
founder & Publisher of Daily Kos.)
More info on him at:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Markos_Moulitsas

From the Daily Kos:

"The Opportunistic Bigot as Newly Minted Oppressed Minority in Defeat — Daily Kos

You no good low-rent gaggle of hateful self-serving bigot-for-hire whiny ass titty babies.

Entire election cycles were gleefully covered in slick wall-to-wall homophobia and hatred.

Remember that s–t? Good. Now go f–k yourselves. Here. Here's a ratty leather glove covered in rusty spikes. No. No. Here's two. You can all go bend over and collectively fist each other in a frenzy until all the pain equals all the hate and the stupid you have given us for ages in spades. You all made your bones stoking and exploitating hate. On repressing dissent and dissenters. Please. Cry me a f–king river. A angel's tear sea. It wouldn't even offset Prop 8.

Eat all your s–t and feel some real f–king shame.

The reason that all you various professional homophobic pieces of garbage all woke up on the wrong side of history one day is that you earned that harrowingly bleak little sunrise all on your own. If you feel like people are being mean to you, well, get the f–k over it. Because gay people, and the people who love and suppport them, have all had to stomach you, your Maggie Gallaghers, and the rest of your ilk. Own it. You earned everything you are getting back.

And we have long memories. We don't forget how you play the game. How you roll.

Calling you 'Bigots' to your collective faces is just a really, really good f–king start."

Hmmmmm... How progressive, Markos...
I heard a rumor you quit.

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Warph

Another sackfull of Commie SH!T from the Daily Kos  

By Markos Moulitsas Zúniga

Not just Obama, but all of us.  I voted for Obama over Hillary in the primaries.  I was a reasonably big Obama fan.  I still am.  But just a few months into Obama's second term, it is clear that from a progressive's point of view the key fight will be longevity - - the sheer grinding benefit of time.  And Hillary's election will be crucial to this.
Obama has obvious achievements (preventing a second great depression, Obamacare, Bin Laden, Supreme Court appointments, etc.), and may get one other domestic achievement or so. But increasingly, it is becoming obvious that we have entered a long war - - a fight that extends beyond the typical news cycle, midterm elections, or even presidential term. Although it is depressing, it is reasonable to assume that Republicans' lock-step intransigence means that the principal benefit of an Obama second term presidency will likely be defensive - - stopping a Republican radical agenda. 

Am I raising a white flag? No, not at all.  But the reality is that the right wing/Barry Goldwater/Tea Party Republican wing knows that it is now or never.  They get it, and they are all in.  It is why you see debt ceiling fights, sequesters, fiscal cliffs, government shut down threats, voter id laws, a permanent filibuster, and potential tampering with the electoral college vote system.  It is also why you see the Paul Ryan budget passed right after Paul Ryan got defeated in the last national election.  They get it.  This is an important moment, and they won't get a second chance.  And they are not going to stand down in the next three years.

Dream whatever you want about what Obama could achieve over the next three years.  If Dems lose the next presidential election, a good deal of it will be reversed or thwarted.  But . . . and this explains in part the current Republican feverishness . . . if Hillary Clinton can follow Obama?  16 years of a Democratic presidency may be what is needed to break the Republican "fever."  Not Obama's reelection.

What does this mean for Obama?  It means taking the long view now.  Start paying attention to the mundane aspects of government power.  Nominate judges like crazy.  Seed the appellate bench.  Focus on NLRB appointment fights more than deficit battles. Use the executive branch powers - what can the EPA do about climate change? What can the DOJ do about Wall Street banks? Work with governors on gun control.  Realize that budget "grand bargains" are not just unattainable, but unhelpful right now.  Don't cave on any entitlement "reform" now if there is still time for that issue to play out in a Hillary presidency.  Work on regaining state houses and legislatures.  Pass smart regulations.  Consolidate, defend and set the stage for the next president.

Individual presidents don't like to think this way.  Obama said he would like to be a "transformational" president.  I wish he could be.  But sometimes the challenges are greater than a two term presidency.  Think of FDR.  Obama needs a Hillary presidency, just as Hillary needed the two term Obama presidency before her.  Together, they can do a lot.

Just keep your eye on the sheer grinding benefit of time.  The other side is.

--Warph

-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Warph

Egyptian Actress Lubna Abd Al-Aziz: The Jews Control the
American Economy and Media

Yeah, yeah, yeah, we get it, da Joooos control everything....

Following are excerpts from an interview with Egyptian actress Lubna Abd Al-Aziz, which aired on Tahrir TV on March 15, 2013.

Lubna Abd Al-Aziz: The first time I went to America was as a student. Back then, the Jews suffered great oppression there.

Interviewer: Although today the Jews have complete control.

Lubna Abd Al-Aziz: They were not allowed to live in certain places, to enter certain clubs, or to work in certain jobs. They were not allowed into hotels. These days, when I go to America...

Interviewer: It is run by the Jews.

Lubna Abd Al-Aziz: Look what patience they had. For 50-60 years, following WWII, they endured it all, and they slowly worked, built, and made purchases, and they spread throughout the country until they just about own it.

Today, the Congress, the Senate, and every administration, whether Republican or Democrat, must stand to attention for them. If they are not happy with someone – that's it, he's gone.

Interviewer: The entire economy is Jewish.

Lubna Abd Al-Aziz: Both the economy and the media. It is Hollywood in the west and the economy and commerce in the east. All the big department stores are Jewish.

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

SOB... Sh!t-headed Obuma cannot stay off that Air Force One, can he...

POS/POTUSObama kicked off his DNC fundraising... (What the hell is this clown raising funds for and flying that plane on our dime)

....in California Thursday with a $32,400-per-head brunch at the Atherton home of investment guru Mark W. Heising and his wife, Liz Simons.

"Obama described it, with some understatement, as a 'spectacular home,'" the pool reporter writes. "It's on a hilltop with 360 degree views. Once through the gate at the bottom of the hill, the motorcade snaked past a vineyard. Pool walked around the house past a swimming pool, assorted gardens and patios, a bocce court, and eventually into the back of a relatively modest room where the brunch was held."

The intimate affair included only roughly 30 guests, who for the price of admission got a photo with the president and to listen to his remarks — ""I am very optimistic that we get immigration reform done in the next few months.... It's going to be tougher to get gun legislation to reduce gun violence through the Senate and the House that so many of us, I think, want to see, particularly after the tragedy at Newtown."

And, of course, they (the Stupid people) got (TOOK) brunch:

Morning Amuse: "Verrine of Straus Family Yogurt, Chef Laci's House Made Toasted Organic Granola, Spring Berries and Mint `Caviar'"

OMG... I paid $32,000 thou for this CRAP?  I'm gonna be sick... sick I say... AAAAGUGGGUU.... I'm sicker than an ebola monkey!
--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

Analyze these two U.S. maps with the results of our last presidential election.  The top map shows the 2012 election results (red vs blue) by state.... the second reveals the election results as they correlate with states that have photo ID requirements vs those with no photo ID requirements for voters.

Draw your own conclusions:

Inconclusive, but the second map does indeed shed light on why so many Democrat leaders and politicians do not want voters to have to produce any photo identification at the election polls.

It would be interesting to see the same visual analysis for state and local elections.

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

Wonder how many White House tours this "Correct Condom Use" program money could have funded?

Stunning: $423,500 of stimulus program money spent on
'Correct Condom Use'... which produced ZERO jobs

The details of a stimulus grant awarded to Indiana University to study condom use have now been released on a government website. The study, titled "Barriers to Correct Condom Use," is now completed, according to the website, and the university received $423,500 of stimulus funds to perform the study.
http://www.recovery.gov/Transparency/RecoveryData/Pages/RecipientProjectSummary508.aspx?AwardIDSUR=13966&qtr=2012Q3

The stimulus project yielded a total of 0.00 jobs created, according to the federal government. "No jobs created/retained," the form says under "Description of Jobs Created."

"Sexually transmitted infections (STI), including human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), pose significant health risks," a synopsis of study reads. "Consistent and correct use of condoms can be a highly effective method of preventing the transmission of HIV and many STIs, yet studies show that problems with condom use are common. This project is one of the first to examine under controlled conditions the role of cognitive and affective factors and condom skills in explaining condom use problems in young, heterosexual adult men."

The findings from the study have not been posted on the government website, however.
http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/stimulus-program-correct-condom-use-costs-half-million-dollars-yields-zero-jobs_714500.html

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

It's déjà vu all over again, people.Remember the meltdown of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac and the housing market bubble bursting a few years back?  Remember subprime loans, remember when banks were forced to make home loans to people who didn't qualify, and then our nation's economy went down the toilet when a huge percentage of those unqualified people defaulted on their loans?  Remember corruptocrats in Congress doing nothing to prevent it and when it happened as many had predicted, Democrats held Pres. Bush over a barrel to issue more than $800 billion in bailout money just before the 2008 elections?  Remember Senator Christopher Dodd and Congressman Barney Frank's horrific Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act that Democrats shoved through Congress?
http://cei.org/outreach-regulatory-comments-and-testimony/cei-president-testifies-fannie-mae-freddie-mac

http://hotair.com/archives/2008/09/22/whos-to-blame-for-the-financial-crisis-and-why-does-that-matter/

http://michellemalkin.com/2004/09/23/the-fannie-mae-freddie-mac-racket/

http://townhall.com/columnists/thomassowell/2008/09/30/bailout_politics

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703426004575338732174405398.html

Team Obama doesn't remember, or doesn't care.
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2008/11/ego_and_mouth.html

This news story wasn't reported in 2005, 2006, 2007, or 2008... it was reported yesterday.
http://michellemalkin.com/2008/07/11/fannie-freddie-fubar-the-mother-of-all-bailouts/

Reported by Washington Post, Obama administration pushes banks to make home loans to people with weaker credit:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/obama-administration-pushes-banks-to-make-home-loans-to-people-with-weaker-credit/2013/04/02/a8b4370c-9aef-11e2-a941-a19bce7af755_story.html

The Obama administration is engaged in a broad push to make more home loans available to people with weaker credit, an effort that officials say will help power the economic recovery but that skeptics say could open the door to the risky lending that caused the housing crash in the first place.

President Obama's economic advisers and outside experts say the nation's much-celebrated housing rebound is leaving too many people behind, including young people looking to buy their first homes and individuals with credit records weakened by the recession.

In response, administration officials say they are working to get banks to lend to a wider range of borrowers by taking advantage of taxpayer-backed programs — including those offered by the Federal Housing Administration — that insure home loans against default.

Housing officials are urging the Justice Department to provide assurances to banks, which have become increasingly cautious, that they will not face legal or financial recriminations if they make loans to riskier borrowers who meet government standards but later default.

Officials are also encouraging lenders to use more subjective judgment in determining whether to offer a loan and are seeking to make it easier for people who owe more than their properties are worth to refinance at today's low interest rates, among other steps.

We can't go down this road again.  It began in the 1990s when "affordable housing" legislation of the Clinton era pressured banks to lower their mortgage lending standards to make home ownership available to people with limited means.  And then, the inevitable happened.

Today, Ed Morrissey weighs in on Obama's stunning request that loans be made to those who don't qualify.... Obama administration to banks... Why aren't you making higher-risk loans?:http://hotair.com/archives/2013/04/03/obama-administration-to-banks-why-arent-you-making-higher-risk-loans/

On one level, it's almost unbelievable that anyone would ask this less than five years after the housing-bubble crash and the near-wipeout of Western financial institutions. On another, it's almost inevitable, given the efforts by the governing class and the media to ignore the central failure in that bubble, which was incentivizing increasingly risky loans with government cash and coercion, which created a false-equity trajectory that nearly ruined us. If that core cancer gets overlooked, it simply keeps coming back...

Hot Air ran this piece on the financial crisis back in September 2008:
http://hotair.com/archives/2008/09/22/whos-to-blame-for-the-financial-crisis-and-why-does-that-matter/

Despite moves from Republicans such as Chuck Hagel, John Sununu, Elizabeth Dole, and John McCain to get more regulatory oversight on Fannie and Freddie, Congress took no action. Why? Fannie and Freddie had already co-opted Chris Dodd with over $130,000 in campaign contributions over 20 years, and over $120,000 to Barack Obama over less than four years. Hillary Clinton took tens of thousands in eight years, and Chuck Schumer also opposed any new regulation on markets that Congress had forced open.
http://www.nysun.com/national/pro-deregulation-schumer-scores-bush-for-lack/86321/

We can play blame games for the next several months and years, but what would be the point? In this case, there is a point, and it couldn't be more clear or important. We have two candidates running for President who would bring much different styles to executive authority over regulatory responsibility. Barack Obama and his allies took the money and stayed on the sidelines rather than take proactive action to resolve the credit crisis. McCain and his co-sponsors of this bill had the right idea and instincts, but could not get any cooperation from Clinton, Schumer, or Obama.

Does this mean that Obama gets the entire blame for the financial crisis? Of course not; it's shared among many people who failed to act, and some who acted poorly to create the problem in the first place by mandating loans to ill-qualified lenders and then allowed those loans to form the basis of widely-traded securities. McCain doesn't become the sole protagonist in this morality play, either. However, this demonstrates the qualities of both judgment and leadership of both men — and those two qualities are critical for determining which man should be running the executive branch for the next four years.

From American Spectator, Too Left-Wing to Fail:
http://spectator.org/archives/2013/04/02/too-left-wing-to-fail

When the housing bubble burst, the global financial services industry found itself awash with toxic mortgage securities, and the 2008 financial meltdown ensued. Then Mr. Wallison got another shock: Barack Obama and the Democratic 111th Congress responded to the crisis by further ignoring wise counsel and creating a legislative absurdity called the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act. Of course, it wasn't an absurdity from their point of view if their real aim was to socialize the financial services industry. For that purpose, Dodd-Frank was just the ticket.

As Mr. Wallison's title suggests, the leftists created what Mr. Obama calls a "narrative" to explain the 2008 fiasco, one that of course absolved government of any blame. They proclaimed, with loud support from their cheerleaders in the press, that the blame lay with "Wall Street" and greedy bankers. Hence the proper solution was to take banking further under the government's wing by making the largest institutions subject to new, coercive powers from their regulators—in essence, making them de facto wards of the state.

That Congress being what it was, the massive measure was whooped through with little regard for niceties like public hearings and serious debate.

Mr. Obama quickly and happily signed, to the great delight of the authors, Senator Christopher Dodd and Congressman Barney Frank. It is a sad irony that the two had played key roles in causing the 2008 meltdown through their staunch defense over the years of those two toxic security factories, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid shared in the jollity at the signing, having themselves steamrolled the legislation through Congress.

Ron Paul was among those who predicted the bursting of the 2008 housing bubble years before it happened:

Ron Paul Predicted Housing Bubble, Worst US Financial Crisis of 2008, In 2003
--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

Kansas lawmakers pass sweeping anti-abortion legislation

http://www.kansascity.com/2013/04/05/4165019/sweeping-anti-abortion-bill-passes.html

Kansas lawmakers approved sweeping anti-abortion legislation on Friday that says life begins at fertilization, forbids abortion based on gender and bans Planned Parenthood from providing sex education in schools.

In addition, the measure requires women to learn about fetal development before having an abortion.

The measure now goes to the desk of Republican Gov. Sam Brownback, who opposes abortion, and is expected to sign it.

The House passed the bill 90-30, The Associated Press reported. The Senate approved it by a 28-10 vote, according to Reuters.

Republicans have large majorities in both houses.

"This fulfills the legislative intent to create a pro-life state," Kathy Ostrowski, legislative director of Kansans for Life, told Reuters before the House vote.

Thirteen states, including Missouri, have similar language to the Kansas bill in their laws, the AP reported, citing the National Right to Life Committee.

--Warph

-- Warph

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk