This and That...

Started by Warph, September 04, 2012, 01:52:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warph

Why Ashley Judd Flipped Against Run For Senate

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/28/ashley-judd-not-running_n_2972833.html?ref=topbar

I'm still bummed out she passed on a run.... Plouffe is right, we would have bludgeoned Demo-rats across the board with her moonbattery.  What a shame. I'd already stocked up on the microwave popcorn.  After reportedly giving it much thought, ultra-liberal, fruitcake-nutty actress Ashley Judd has announced that she's decided to not run for the US Senate in 2014.  Judd's wanting to "focus and spend more time and energy with her family" claim is quizzical.  She has no children, doesn't want them, and is divorcing hubby... or is it the other way around... Indy racecar driver Dario Franchitti.  Does Ashley suddenly want to hang out more with Mom Naomi or Sis Wynonna, who is also divorced but does have two children?  Perhaps there are private Judd family issues or health problems, and if that is the case, her withdrawal is understandable.... could it be mental problems?  "Spending time with the family" is pretty much accepted as a standard non-response, code for "there's much more here than I want to discuss, so butt out."  No matter, tho'.  Suffice it to say that the promising, wacky comedy relief of Judd during the next national election has been snatched away.  Has her dog's hunger strike ended?

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Warph

Ladies & Germs... I give President Boloney:

President Obama on Friday wished Christians around the world a happy Easter and noted that the holiday is "a time for renewed hope amidst continued challenges."

"This weekend, Michelle and I join our fellow Christians here at home and around the world in marking Good Friday and celebrating Easter," he said in a statement Friday. "These Holy Days are a time to reflect on the momentous sacrifice that Jesus Christ made for each of us, and to celebrate the triumph of the Resurrection and His gift of grace.

"It is a time for renewed hope amidst continued challenges. It's also a time to ponder the common values that unite us -- to have compassion for all and to treat others as we wish to be treated ourselves. As we embrace our loved ones and give thanks for our blessings, we wish all who celebrate with us a blessed Easter."

Nicely said... whoever wrote this for him.  Is he a Christian?   I would rather he turn from his wicked ways, turn back to GOD, and be a good Leader... leading this Nation back to God and it's Greatness.  Wouldn't that be a wonderful Easter Gift
...Warph
--Warph

-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Warph

Roland Martin, fired from CNN, on Thursday blamed racism for his inability to get his own show at CNN.  Of course being a talentless hack has nothing to do with it... must be raaaacism.  Can Solidad O'Brian be far behind??  I HOPE!  These two idiots give African-Americans a bad name.

Roland Martin Blames 'White Male Executives' for Never Getting His Own Show at CNN
Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2013/03/29/roland-martin-blames-white-male-executives-never-getting-his-own-show#ixzz2P04P2wtp

"You have largely white male executives who are not necessarily enamored with the idea of having strong, confident minorities, who say, 'You know, I can do this,'" he told HuffPostLive.

"I am simply saying 'give folks a shot," he added. "We deliver, but we never get the big piece, the larger salary, to be able to get from here to there."

Martin, whom it was reported last week has been axed by CNN, claimed in his interview with Marc Lamont Hill that he went to the network years ago thinking he would eventually get his own show.

In his view, whenever he substitute-hosted a program, the ratings would hold thereby demonstrating his ability to command such an important position long-term

This led Hill to ask, "Did you have a sense that CNN didn't have a real place for a real black man in America?"

"Bernard Shaw left CNN as the top anchor how many years ago?" Martin responded. "Almost two decades?"

Actually, Shaw retired of his own volition in March 2001.

"So tell me, so who's hosting a show?" Martin continued. "Who right now, who right now is in a position to get a primetime show? Who's up there hosting specials?"

Well, Don Lemon has his own show. Up until December, T.J. Holmes also had his own show but left for BET.

As such, it seems a stretch to be blaming this on racism.

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

PBS's Mark Shields: 'The Rich Are the Scum of the Earth'

I'm going to guess that Mark Shields, having been on TV for a million years, has more than a little money.  Is he referring to himself?

"The hyperventilation of media members concerning income inequality in America reaches a new high with each passing day.

Case in point, on Inside Washington Friday, PBS's Mark Shields, with a straight face no less, said this disparity is a 'national security issue'" (What follows is transcript and commentary):

(Dummy} MARK SHIELDS, PBS: I think it was G. K. Chesterton who said, "Wherever they are, the rich are the scum of the earth."

(Actually, Chesterton said, "The rich are the scum of the earth in every country," but why quibble, especially when this evoked so much laughter from the panel):

[Laughter]

SHIELDS: For some reason, Charles doesn't want to stand up for rich Russians. And I think somebody has to stand up for people who put their money in offshore or nontaxable places. Let's remember, I mean, look at it this way: Cyprus is the Cayman Islands of a different time zone. That's what it is. We don't want rich people paying taxes whether they're Russian or whether they're Republicans.

GORDON PETERSON: But the rich people he's talking about ...

CHARLES KRAUTHAMMER: You don't think there's a difference between the way the Russian economy works and who gets rich? Russia doesn't have a Steve Jobs. Russia has people who steal from what was once Soviet property and you get your money if you're a crony of Putin and his other people.

SHIELDS: I wasn't defending how one gets it. I was just merely addressing the compulsion to keep it and never to surrender any to the public wheel.

KRAUTHAMMER: There's a difference between gains which are ill-gotten or fairly gotten.

PETERSON: Nina.

NINA TOTENBERG, NPR: [Groans] I'm not sure that a lot of the people that Mark is talking about who aren't Russian got it so fairly either.

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2013/03/30/mark-shields-rich-are-scum-earth#ixzz2P3ov7epm
--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

Lego Pulls Star Wars Set After It Was Labelled "Anti-Islamic"

Very groan-inducing...

Austria's Turkish community claimed a victory in its fight against Danish toy giant Lego yesterday after the firm agreed to withdraw a Star Wars toy set featuring a mosque-like building inhabited by an obese, hookah–smoking alien, following complaints that it was anti-Muslim.

Lego added the "Jabba's Palace" playset to its Star Wars collection in 2012. But in January this year the set started to provoke outrage in Austria's Islamic community after a Muslim father found that his sister had given one to his son as a present.

The game, which is aimed at children aged from nine to 14, features Jabba the Hutt in his intergalactic lair. Jabba, the slug-like villain who first appeared in the 1983 film Return of the Jedi, lives in a domed, oriental-looking building equipped with rockets and machine guns. He also smokes a water pipe and keeps Princess Leia in chains for use as his personal slave.

Furious Muslim critics complained that the Lego set's Asian and oriental figures were "deceitful and criminal" characters such as gun-runners, slave masters and terrorists.

What a bunch of Horse Sh!t!!!
--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

Commie California's Net Worth Down To A Negative -$127.2 Billion
Typical Dem-run fiscal craphole.

http://blogs.sacbee.com/capitolalertlatest/2013/03/state-auditor-california-net-worth-at-negative-127-billion.html

Were California's state government a business, it would be a candidate for insolvency with a negative net worth of $127.2 billion, according to an annual financial report issued by State Auditor Elaine Howle and the Bureau of State Audits.

The report, which covers the fiscal year ending June 30, 2012, says that the state's negative status — all of its assets minus all of its liabilities — increased that year, largely because it spent more than it received in revenue.

During the 2011-12 fiscal year, the state's general fund spent $1.7 billion more than it received in revenues and wound up with an accumulated deficit of just under $23 billion from several years of red ink. Gov.Jerry Brown has referred to that and other budget gaps, mostly money owed to schools, as a "wall of debt" totaling more than $30 billion.

Last November, voters passed an increase in sales and income taxes that Brown says will balance the state's operating budget and allow the debt wall to be gradually dismantled.

About half of the $127.2 billion in accumulated red ink came from the state's issuing general obligation bonds and then giving the money to local governments and school districts for public works projects, the auditor pointed out. The assets built with the bonds remain on local balance sheets while the bonded debt accrues to the state.

Way to go, Moonbeam!
--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

A single-page March 22, 1950 memo by Guy Hottel, special agent
in charge of the Washington Field Office, regarding UFOs is the most viewed document in
the FBI Vault, our online repository of public.

UFOs or No?
The Guy Hottel Memo

03/25/13

It's the most popular file in the FBI Vault—our high-tech electronic reading room housing various Bureau records released under the Freedom of Information Act. Over the past two years, this file has been viewed nearly a million times. Yet, it is only a single page, relaying an unconfirmed report that the FBI never even followed up on.

The file in question is a memo dated March 22, 1950—63 years ago last week. It was authored by Guy Hottel, then head of our field office in Washington, D.C. (see sidebar below for a brief biography). Like all memos to FBI Headquarters at that time, it was addressed to Director J. Edgar Hoover and recorded and indexed in FBI records.

The subject of the memo was anything but ordinary. It related a story told to one of our agents by a third party who said an Air Force investigator had reported that three "flying saucers" were recovered in New Mexico. The memo provided the following detail:

"They [the saucers] were described as being circular in shape with raised centers, approximately 50 feet in diameter. Each one was occupied by three bodies of human shape but only three feet tall, dressed in metallic cloth of a very fine texture. Each body was bandaged in a manner similar to the blackout suits used by speed fliers and test pilots."

After relaying an informant's claim that the saucers had been found because the government's "high-powered radar" in the area had interfered with "the controlling mechanism of the saucers," the memo ends simply by saying that "[n]o further evaluation was attempted" concerning the matter by the FBI agent.

That might have been the end of this particular story, just another informational dead end in the FBI files. But when we launched the Vault in April 2011, some media outlets noticed the Hottel memo and erroneously reported that the FBI had posted proof of a UFO crash at Roswell, New Mexico and the recovery of wreckage and alien corpses. The resulting stories went viral, and traffic to the new Vault soared.

So what's the real story? A few facts to keep in mind:

First, the Hottel memo isn't new. It was first released publicly in the late 1970s and had been posted on the FBI website for several years prior to the launch of the Vault.

Second, the Hottel memo is dated nearly three years after the infamous events in Roswell in July 1947. There is no reason to believe the two are connected. The FBI file on Roswell (another popular page) is posted elsewhere on the Vault.

Third, as noted in an earlier story, the FBI has only occasionally been involved in investigating reports of UFOs and extraterrestrials. For a few years after the Roswell incident, Director Hoover did order his agents—at the request of the Air Force—to verify any UFO sightings. That practice ended in July 1950, four months after the Hottel memo, suggesting that our Washington Field Office didn't think enough of that flying saucer story to look into it.

Finally, the Hottel memo does not prove the existence of UFOs; it is simply a second- or third-hand claim that we never investigated. Some people believe the memo repeats a hoax that was circulating at that time, but the Bureau's files have no information to verify that theory.

Sorry, no smoking gun on UFOs. The mystery remains. 

Hmmmmmm...

Guy Hottel Biography

Guy L. Hottel was born around 1902. He was a graduate of George Washington University in Washington, D.C., where he was a star football player. He was later inducted into the university's athletic hall of fame. He entered the FBI as a special agent in 1934. In December 1936, he was named acting head of the FBI's Washington Field Office; he was appointed special agent in charge the following May and served until March 1941. Hottel was re-appointed special agent in charge in February 1943 and served until 1951, when he took a position in the Identification Division. He retired in 1955. Hottel was married three times and had two sons. Following his FBI career, Hottel served as executive secretary of the Horseman's Benevolent Association. He died in June 1990.

[...]

Unexplained Phenomenon
http://vault.fbi.gov/unexplained-phenomenon

Silas M. Newton
Silas Newton (1887-1972) was a wealthy oil producer and con-man who claimed that he had a gadget that could detect minerals and oil. He was cited as an authority in Frank Scully's book Behind the Flying Saucers, a work that claimed to report on several UFO crashes in the area of New Mexico. In 1950, Newton said that a flying saucer crashed on land he leased in the Mojave Desert; however, he revised his claim in 1952, saying he never saw a flying saucer but had only repeated comments he heard from others. These files detail the FBI's investigations into Newton's fraudulent activities between 1951 and 1970. 12.06.10

Guy Hottel
Guy Hottel was a special agent in charge of the FBI's Washington Field Office. The information concerning Mr. Hottel is in regard to a March 22, 1950 memo he sent to the FBI Director concerning flying saucers. See: http://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/2013/march/ufos-and-the-guy-hottel-memo/ufos-and-the-guy-hottel-memo for more information. 12.06.10

Majestic 12
Majestic 12 In 1988, two FBI offices received similar versions of a memo titled "Operation Majestic-12..." claiming to be highly classified government document. The memo appeared to be a briefing for newly-elected President Eisenhower on a secret committee created to exploit a recovery of an extra-terrestrial aircraft and cover-up this work from public examination. An Air Force investigation determined the document to be a fake. 12.06.10

National Investigations Committee on Aerial Phenomena (NICAP)
National Investigations Committee on Aerial Phenomena (NICAP) The National Investigations Committee on Aerial Phenomena, NICAP, was founded in the 1950s to research reports of UFO phenomenon. Between 1957 and 1969, NICAP and its members periodically communicated with the FBI. This release consists of this correspondence. 12.06.10

Roswell UFO
Roswell UFO On July 8, 1947, the FBI Dallas Field Office sent a teletype regarding a "flying disc" that resembled a high altitude weather balloon found near Roswell, New Mexico. This single page is a serial from the larger UFO release found at http://vault.fbi.gov/UFO. 12.06.10

Animal Mutilation
Animal/Cattle Mutilation In the mid-1970s, reports of scattered animal mutilations in western and mid-western states concerned many people. The FBI was asked to investigate, but was unable to do so because of a lack of jurisdiction (except when such mutilations were found on Indian lands). These files consist mainly of press clippings and correspondence concerning the issues between 1974 and 1978. 12.06.10

Extra-Sensory Perception
ESP is considered a perception of information about events beyond what may be discerned through the five physical senses or deduced from past experience or knowledge. This release consists of cross references to ESP found in FBI files from 1957 to 1960. Several of the documents concern William Foos, a proponent of ESP. Others concern claims that ESP could be used in espionage investigations. The FBI found no scientific support for this or other claims and did not pursue the matters raised in these references. 11.30.10

UFO
Unexplained Flying Objects (UFOs) In 1947, a rash of sightings of unexplained flying objects (UFOs) swept America. Although the newly formed U.S. Air Force was the primary investigator of these sightings, the FBI received many reports and worked for a time with the Air Force to investigate these matters. This release details the FBI's role in investigating such reports between 1947 and 1954. 11.30.10

Project Blue Book (UFO)
Project Blue Book Originally Project Blue Book was the Air Force name for a project that investigated UFO reports between 1947 and 1969. In 1989, an organization calling itself "The New Project Blue Book" contacted the FBI. This file consists of correspondence concerning this organization.

[...]

Vault Home • Robert F Kennedy (Assassination)
Info
Robert F Kennedy (Assassination)
June 5, 1968
http://vault.fbi.gov/Robert%20F%20Kennedy%20%28Assassination%29%20

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

Obama Announces $100 Million Plan To Find A Brain For Joe Biden

There's hope for "Plugs" after all.

(Reuters) – The White House unveiled details on Tuesday on a new initiative to study the human brain with the goal of treating or curing Alzheimer's disease and other disorders.

Called the Brain Research through Advancing Innovative Neurotechnologies (BRAIN) Initiative, the program is to be funded with $100 million from President Barack Obama's fiscal 2014 budget. The White House is slated to release Obama's budget next week.

"The BRAIN Initiative will accelerate the development and application of new technologies that will enable researchers to produce dynamic pictures of the brain that show how individual brain cells and complex neural circuits interact at the speed of thought," the White House said in a statement.

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

Afghanistan: Karzai Tells Taliban Leader Mullah Omar He Can Run For President

I get sick to my stomach when I think about American troops being killed and maimed to keep this POS in power.

BERLIN (AP) — Afghan President Hamid Karzai has told a German newspaper that Taliban leader Mullah Mohammad Omar could run for president in elections next year.

Karzai's government has agreed the Taliban can open an office in Qatar if the group breaks all ties with al Qaeda and renounces terrorism. Karzai was in Qatar Sunday to discuss the issue.

Karzai said in an interview published Tuesday by the German daily Sueddeutsche Zeitung that authorities have "sporadic contacts" with the Taliban. He said that the Afghan constitution is valid for all Afghans and "the Taliban also should benefit from it."

Asked whether Mullah Omar should seek the presidency, Karzai was quoted as saying: "He can become a candidate for the presidency and give Afghans the opportunity to vote for or against him."

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

Note from Barack Obama:

Malaria, an entirely preventable illness, is the biggest killer in Africa. In 2010, an estimated 655,000 people worldwide died from malaria, and over 90% of these cases were in Africa. Approximately 86% of deaths globally were in children.

I was born and grew up in Kenya, but was in a privileged enough position to have access to a mosquito net and the relevant preventative drugs when in an at risk area. A simple luxury that is not available to a staggering number of people living in abject poverty in Kenya and across the rest of Africa. It only costs $10.00 for a mosquito net, which could very well be the difference between life and death for someone. To all of you at cascity.com, Thank You for your donation.
--Warph

-- Warph

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk