This and That...

Started by Warph, September 04, 2012, 01:52:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warph

Quote from: jarhead on February 19, 2015, 04:32:52 PM
Warph,
I've come to think that you're a pretty smart ol guy so maybe you can answer my question. If a Capt. is  incompetent, he is relieved of his command as the company Skipper---a Col. can be relieved of his command as Bn. commander for being incompetent---and so on. Is there not a "rule", a "law" or anything to relieve our CiC for being grossly incompetent ? I'm serious---isn't there something ??

Jar... Old, maybe... smart, nah... you got the wrong guy for that.  Just ask my wife.  As for our 'CiC for being grossly incompetent?'... give me a day or two to ponder so I can come up with a few hundred reasons why the POS should be castrated relieved of command....
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

jarhead

This pervert "built and repaired organs at the park ?" I aint touching this one. Maybe ol Warph ----or Bull, can enlighten us with their thoughts on this.

Long-lost Kansas amusement park clown found in sex offender's home

Published February 20, 2015
A ceramic clown that vanished from a closed Wichita amusement park more than a decade ago has been found at the home of a sex offender who once worked at the park and two decades ago helped restore the clown.
The return of Louie the Clown, the mascot of the Joyland amusement park, was announced during a media briefing Thursday.

Wichita police say officers found the clown statue Tuesday at a home of 39-year-old Damian Mayes, who is serving a prison sentence for a 2010 conviction for aggravated indecent liberties with a child and aggravated criminal sodomy.

Mayes built and repaired organs at the park before he was charged.

Louie disappeared from the Joyland property in 2005 or 2006, but it wasn't reported stolen until 2010.

Bullwinkle

Actually, Jar, I was in a business establishment last year and there were a couple of detectives questioning someone who worked there about the clown. I asked the proprietor what was up and he told me about the cops getting information on this clown who stole the clown. That lead them to his employee. Some kind of relation to the worm.

I remember that calliope well, with the cymbals and drum, a bit more than an organ. If this guy is only 39, he couldn't have worked on it. A lot of stuff there in Joyland and the building they kept stuff out east was stolen and vandalized, set on fire, etc.

I had some good times there, and Kiddieland as well. That old wooden roller coaster got scarier every time I rode it. Was just waiting for something to crack.

Warph

Hey Bull... Was this the clown that was stolen??

Or maybe it was this one, huh?...

Or?...

Ok, Ok, I know... It was this one... right?!??

--Warph

-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Warph

CNN's Geography Fail

(Hmmmm...I need to have a regular post, 'Worst MSM Fact Fail of the Week'....)

Spoiler: Queensland is in Northern Australia. 
No, Queensland is not Tasmania. 
Geography isn't CNNs strong point.

There... I fixed it!

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

Feel Good Story:
When Son Shouted Out To "Stop The Car!" Scared Mother Half To Death,
Teen Wanted To Help Old Man Shovel His Driveway

(A teen giving a helping hand on his own. We won't see any
hashtags for him or groups getting together...)

Via IJR
http://www.ijreview.com/2015/02/255157-son-shouted-stop-car-scared-half-death-sees/?utm_source=dailynewsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=9&listID={listID}

Sons have a certain way of pleasantly surprising their mothers.

When Tommy, a high school senior, asked his mom to stop the car as they were driving home she was immediately frightened. She told WTVR:

"I got scared and asked 'what's wrong?'"

That's when she received a totally unexpected response:

"There's an older man with a walker shoveling snow — I'll help him out," he explained.

So, he hopped out of the car and asked the man for a shovel. According to Tommy, the gentleman looked relieved when he offered to help, as the snow was deep and difficult to shovel.[...]

The man was incredibly thankful for Tommy's act of kindness: "God bless you," he said. "The world needs more people like you."

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

Forget Current #Oscar Hype – Young 'Forrest Gump' Actor Michael Humphreys'
Parents Were Too Poor To Buy 1995 Oscars Tickets,
He Later Joins Military, Serves In Iraq

(Run Forrest Run as far away as you can from Hollywood.  Hanks and the whole bunch are leftist turds...)

Via The Daily Mail
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2957867/He-won-world-s-hearts-playing-young-Forrest-Gump-Michael-Humphreys-parents-poor-buy-Oscars-tickets-chose-career-uniform-just-like-character-played.html

Two decades ago the movie Forrest Gump was the toast of the Oscars – winning six Academy Awards including Best Actor for Tom Hanks and Best Director for Robert Zemeckis.

But child star Michael Conner Humphreys – who played a young Forrest in leg braces – missed out on his big chance to attend the biggest showbiz event on the planet.

His parents were offered the chance to buy tickets for the most important night of their son's life but, unable to find the cash, eight-year-old Michael and his family watched the show at home on TV.

In an exclusive interview with Daily Mail Online, just days before this years Academy Awards, Michael recalls: 'I was eight when this all went down, but my parents were asked if they wanted to buy an Oscar ticket and they couldn't afford it.

'The tickets were going to cost a lot of money, so we decided to just watch it on TV like everyone else.

'At the time I wasn't sure if I wanted to go or not, but it would be a different situation now.

'I would try and go. As an eight-year-old I didn't mind, that's the perspective, I guess, of a child.

'But we did watch it at home and were glad that it received as many awards as it did.'

The movie was a global success. It depicts several decades in the life of Forrest Gump, a slow-witted and naive, but good-hearted and athletically prodigious, man from Alabama who witnesses, and in some cases influences, some of the defining events of the latter half of the 20th century in the United States.

But despite missing out on the glitz of the Academy Awards back in 1995, Michael said Hollywood star Tom Hanks and director Robert Zemeckis both made an effort to congratulate him for his part in the movie.

[...]

'I attended the equivalent of the Oscars in other countries. I went to the BAFTAs [The British equivalent] so I attended some of the ceremonies,' he said.

'And I was awarded a couple. I have the equivalent of a German Oscar and the equivalent of a Japanese Oscar that I was given in those countries.

'They look similar to Oscars, but they've just got different languages written on them.'[...]

Michael served four years in the U.S. Army as an infantry soldier, which included an 18 month tour of duty in Iraq.
--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

Hollywood Libs Who Rushed To Condemn "American Sniper"
Being Guarded During Oscars By LAPD Snipers

(Or as Fat-A$$ Michael Moore calls them "cowards." ...)

Via Hollywood Reporter:
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/oscars-heightened-state-security-history-774341?utm_source=twitter

This year, in the wake of ISIS atrocities abroad and the Charlie Hebdo murders, authorities are mounting their most sophisticated security effort yet, deploying an astounding array of high-tech gadgetry and armies of police officers to keep the party safe. Operation Oscar is headquartered in a state-of-the-art underground bunker downtown, with a makeshift command post at a Hollywood soundstage. Led by a Los Angeles Police Department commander, the task force unites nearly 1,000 officers from agencies including the FBI and Department of Homeland Security. They divide the area around Hollywood and Highland into concentric rings that require progressively higher levels of pro­tection. "As you get closer to the inner circle, you're trying to make that tighter and tighter," says Tim Horner, a managing director at global security firm Kroll.

The work begins several months before the red carpet rolls out, with extensive background checks on the thousands who'll have access to the event, from janitors and journalists to host Neil Patrick Harris. Stalkers, violent criminals and radicals of all stripes are singled out for special attention. Party crashers, too. (In 2013, the notorious Vitalii Sediuk tried to infiltrate the Oscars dressed in a replica of Bjork's famous swan gown. This year, he's barred from both the event and the country.) Those who receive credentials are explicitly forbidden to post them on social media, lest the images be used to create counterfeits. In 2008, an actor named Scott Weiss penetrated the arena by expertly forging a pass. He turned his caper into a documentary, Crasher, that the Academy later required its entire security team to watch.
--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

Al Sharpton's Show Allegedly Next On MSNBC Chopping Block,
Goal To "Move Away From Left-Wing TV"

(Heh...  If he gets booted by MSNBC, rejected by #BlackLivesMatter's folks,
he may be reduced to peddling tracts with the Scientologists on the street corner...)

Via Truth Revolt:
http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/report-sharptons-show-chopping-block

Thursday, MSNBC announced the cancelation of Ronan Farrow's and Joy Reid's afternoon bombs—a move many saw coming for some time now with both shows consistently tanking in the ratings. But inside sources say that the dual cancelations are just the beginning of a major shakeup at ratings-challenged MSNBC, as the network attempts to move back toward the center after veering far left. Next on the chopping block: Chris Hayes and Al Sharpton.

Citing two "well-placed sources," The Daily Beast reports that in addition to canceling Chris Hayes' struggling 8 p.m. show in the "relatively short term," Al Sharpton's weeknight 6 p.m. show is likely to get the ax "in the longer term," with the controversial host relegated to a weekend slot.

Sharpton's "PoliticsNation," though popular with African Americans (accounting for 35 percent of the audience), has continued to underperform—as has the host, who is regularly mocked for his teleprompter gaffs and insincere posturing. Sharpton's self-promotional version of civil rights activism, his deplorable tax record, and controversy-ridden past have frequently resulted in unflattering headlines during his stint at the network.

MSNBC President Phil Griffin's personnel and programming changes are part of a larger move away from the left-wing political commentary that has become MSNBC's trademark toward straight news reporting.

"Everybody in the food chain from top to bottom understands that the Olbermann era is over," said one of the sources. "Going left was a brilliant strategy while it lasted and made hundreds of millions of dollars for Comcast, but now it doesn't work any more...The goal is to move away from left-wing TV."
--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

Feel Good Story Of Day: Kurds Kill 60 ISIS Terrorists In Northern Iraq

(Rest in pieces, ISSL...)

Via Daily Mail:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2964114/Bodies-ISIS-terrorists-piled-flat-bed-truck-60-killed-battles-Kurdish-fighters-northern-Iraq.html

More than 60 Islamic State terrorists have been killed after fierce fighting broke out overnight in northern Iraq, Kurdish officials have said.

Their bodies were piled into a digger claw and onto the back of a flat-bed truck today in the strategic village of Sultan Abdullah, which extremists have targeted repeatedly in the past two months.

The bloody assault came just a day after U.S. officials revealed they are planning a 25,000-soldier invasion of Mosul – which was seized by Islamist militants last June – in as little as six weeks.

--Warph

-- Warph

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk