This and That...

Started by Warph, September 04, 2012, 01:52:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warph

89 Year Old Vet Fights Off And Shoots Robber

http://defund.com/career-criminal-attacks-frail-89-year-old-man-gets-shot-6-times/#!

Arthur Lewis is a serious bad ass. A decorated World War II vet, not only did he manage to fight off a much younger man, but he plugged him multiple times. His girlfriend, Vivien Bresnahan, 54, says she doesn't understand why anyone would think Arthur was frail, noting that he was the farthest thing from frail. No kidding, as the 54 year old girlfriend might indicate...

Here's a picture of the perpetrator, Lennard Patrick Jervis, 43. He is a career criminal, having been arrested over 20 times in Florida since 1989.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/news/crime-law/89-year-old-lake-park-jeweler-stands-grounds-shoot/ng8cx/

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Warph

MUSLIM HOSPITALITY IN LONDON -- A SCARY VIDEO LIKE THIS COULD BE COMING TO A STREET NEAR YOU?

Radio commentator Paul Harvey's prophetic warning to America from 1965...

--Warph

-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Bullwinkle

Warph

Quote from: Bullwinkle on September 02, 2014, 08:47:16 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=n0FF13u13WE

Another history lesson from Paul.

Like the Romans before, Americans will soon discover "the rest of the story".... a very sad story.  My heart yearns for the American goodness embodied by Paul Harvey's work.  It's this American goodness that the Left wishes to write out of history... .

Certainly, God gave him his ability to understand and uniquely covey his observations.  If that's what a Prophet is, then Paul Harvey indeed reaches that mantle in this tiny snippet from what is a massive body of work.  I would think it's safe to say that these words are more poignant today than when first broadcast and have been heard by millions more today than that in it's original form.

I pray that the generation that grew up listening take his words to heart, and bridge the message to those younger.  Paul Harvey knew, in his soul, the correctness of what he was saying. ...Warph

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

Parents of Slain Navy SEAL to Obama: Leave the White House
Tuesday, September 2, 2014

The parents of a U.S. Navy SEAL killed in action in 2011 took on President Obama in a scathing letter that demanded he resign from office. Billy and Karen Vaughn have spoken out in the past following the helicopter crash that killed their son along with 29 other Americans and eight Afghans
The Vaughns have called out the Pentagon and the Obama administration in recent years, repeatedly demanding answers from officials about the circumstances surrounding the crash.

Here's a portion of their new letter:

Never in my lifetime have I witnessed such despair and such growing fear that the world's last best hope, America, has finally been dismantled. Perhaps the better word is transformed — fundamentally transformed. Come to think of it, it's become difficult — if not impossible — to believe things haven't gone exactly as you planned, Mr. President.
Amazingly, in five short years, your administration has lurched from one disaster to another. You spearheaded the ambitious rush to end the wars in both Iraq and Afghanistan — with no plan on how to do so effectively. Also, the release of "the Taliban five" in exchange for one American — without consulting Congress — is also on your shoulders.
You have been at the helm during unprecedented national security leaks — including, but not limited to the outing of SEAL Team VI on the Bin laden raid, the outing of the Pakistani doctor who provided the intelligence for that raid, the outing of Afghanistan's CIA station chief, and the outing of your personal "kill list" to make you look tough. In addition, 75 percent of American deaths in Afghanistan and 83 percent of Americans-wounded-in-action have occurred on your watch, according to icasualties.org.
And now, we have this recent, heinous event: the beheading of an American citizen by a barbaric organization you foolishly referred to as "the JV team" in your statements to the New Yorker magazine in January.
You, sir, are the JV team. It's time for you to step down and allow a true leader to restore our honor and protect our sons and daughters.
America has always been exceptional. And she will be again. You, Mr. President, are a bump in our road.

The Vaughns talked to Brian Kilmeade this morning to expand on their harsh criticism of the Commander-in-Chief.
"The thing that we've always believed as Americans is that if you take our sons and daughters to war, your ultimate goal should be victory and that has never been the goal of this administration. And Billy and I are fed up with watching families suffer the same thing that we've suffered, losing our only son at the hands of an administration, and frankly senior military leaders who do not care about the boots on the ground," said Karen Vaughn.

Billy was asked about the feedback they have gotten since speaking out.
"We have to do this. Aaron's family has paid too big a price for Karen and I to sit back and be silent and watch what is going on in our republic. Right now today, ISIS is a threat, Russia is a threat, China is a threat, but I will tell you today, the greatest security threat in the United States of America faces resides at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue by this president not having his head in the game," he said.

Karen added that this is not about political parties, but about leaders coming forward who are not just concerned about the next election.
"Stop playing political games with our nation."

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

Pentagon Spokesman: We're "Winning" The War Against Islamic Terrorism

(A statement so absurd even Obuma boot-licker Chris Matthews is calling it total BS)

Via Daily Caller:
Liberal MSNBC host Chris Matthews ranted against Pentagon spokesman John Kirby for his claim that America has had "very good success" in battling Islamic terrorism, calling it "an absurd statement" and declaring that "we're not winning the war against terrorism over there."

Matthews reacted incredulously to the rear admiral's assertion on Tuesday that we're winning the war against Islamic fundamentalism — the very same day that ISIS released a second video showing them beheading American journalist Steven Sotloff in Iraq.

"Of course, that's an absurd statement he just made," he began. "Because we went into Iraq, blew the country apart, created the opportunity for ISIS to grow — it grew out of where was nothing — a much bigger and a larger threat to us than anything we faced from Saddam Hussein. So the idea that we've been on the aggressor side here, that we've been winning this war against terrorism, is ludicrous."

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

ISIS Says It's "Sorry"... For Releasing Sotloff Beheading Video Early

Via SMH:
http://www.smh.com.au/world/islamic-state-militants-release-video-showing-the-beheading-of-american-journalist-steven-sotloff-20140903-3erxt.html

Islamic State militants have issued an apology following the release of a horrific video that appears to show the beheading of American journalist Steven Sotloff.

But the jihadist group was not apologising for the terrifying death of the 31-year-old freelance journalist, who was kidnapped in Syria last year.

Instead, it appeared someone within ISIS had published the video of Sotloff's apparent execution online ahead of the intended time, according to the online news website Vocativ.

And, for that lack of discipline, the group was sorry.

"We tried to remove the video after we understood that this was published by mistake, and we are sorry to the followers of Islamic State," the group said in a message, in Arabic, posted on Justpaste.

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

Lawsuit Filed On Behalf Of Gender Confused SC Teen
Forced To Remove His Makeup By DMV

(The special snowflake wants to be unique.  The DMV will make you spit out a wad of chawing tobacco before taking your photo)

Via WISTV
http://www.wistv.com/story/26421016/lawsuit-to-be-filed-on-behalf-of-teen-forced-to-remove-makeup-by-dmv

The Transgender Legal Defense and Education Fund filed a federal lawsuit on behalf of an Anderson teen who was forced to remove makeup when getting a driver's license picture.

The group held a press conference on Tuesday on the South Steps of the South Carolina State House in Columbia to announce the filing.

The suit, which is brought by Teresa Culpepper, mother of 16-year-old Chase Culpepper, will ask "the court to rule that denying Chase the freedom to wear his everyday makeup in his license photo constitutes sex discrimination and violates his right to free speech and expression under the United States Constitution," according to a press release from TLDEF.

"It also seeks a ruling under the U.S. and South Carolina Constitutions that the DMV's photo policy is unconstitutionally vague, too broad, and lets DMV employees arbitrarily decide how a driver's license applicant should look, without regard for the rights of the people they are supposed to serve," the release stated.

In June, Chase Culpepper said he was told he needed to look more like a boy before he could receive his new license at the DMV.

He said he was only dressed the way he does every day to school and to his job at McDonald's. He doesn't think he violated any rules and now he wants the DMV to let him re-take his license picture, wearing makeup.

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

--Warph

-- Warph

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk