This and That...

Started by Warph, September 04, 2012, 01:52:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warph

Dem Candidate For New Mexico Governor Endorsed By
Weather Underground Founder Mark Rudd

(The coveted domestic terrorist endorsement)

Via Free Beacon:
http://freebeacon.com/politics/democratic-candidate-for-new-mexico-governor-endorsed-by-weather-underground-member/

New Mexico Democratic gubernatorial candidate Alan Webber has a history of radical views, including ties to the Weather Underground and urging empathy for a child sex offender.

Webber has raised the most money of Democratic candidates vying to challenge Republican Gov. Susana Martinez, and is competing against four other Democrats, including Lawrence Rael, who exaggerated his resume on his campaign website. The primary will be held on June 3.

Mark Rudd, a leader and founder of the domestic terrorist group the Weather Underground, which has advocated for the violent overthrow of the United States and committed multiple bombings of public buildings in the late 1960s and early 1970s, endorsed Webber in April. Rudd's wife Marla Painter hosted a campaign event for the Democrat that month.

"Help elect a pro-jobs, pro-environment progressive Democrat as governor," Rudd wrote, according to KRQE.

Webber tried to distance himself from the endorsement, saying, "of course I denounce terrorism." However, the candidate praised Rudd for being a "proponent of non-violence" and a teacher at Central New Mexico Community College in Albuquerque.

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Warph

Militant Atheists Launch Their Own TV Channel

(Watch out, MSNBC, you have competition)

Via Truth Revolt:

American Atheists, the same people responsible for filing suit over the 9/11 memorial displaying the ground zero cross of two steel beams pulled from the World Trade Center rubble, have just announced the upcoming launch of AtheistTV, set for release this summer.

According to the site, the "first atheism-dedicated television channel" will be in partnership with Roku for internet-streaming to "provide quality programming to millions of homes."

--Warph

-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Warph

Drunk Illegal Alien Who Killed Cop Qualified for Obama Amnesty
MAY 20, 2014

Phoenix - The drunk driver who killed a veteran Arizona police officer in a head-on freeway collision this month is an illegal immigrant with a criminal history that nevertheless qualified for amnesty under President Obama's broad plan.

Why else would he be free to drive U.S. highways and work off the books as a gardener? The devastating story comes out of Phoenix, where an off-duty Mesa Police Officer (Brandon Mendoza) driving home from work, got slammed head-on. In the other car was Raul Silva Corona, an illegal alien from Chihuahua Mexico with a blood-alcohol level nearly three times the legal limit, according to various news reports.

Officer Mendoza was only 32 years old and he served 13 years on the Mesa Police Department. Before crashing into him, Corona drove 35 miles along several Phoenix-area freeways in the wrong direction. Authorities received dozens of calls from drivers who saw the drunken man speeding the wrong way and they tried to pursue him, but couldn't stop him. Both men died instantly and hundreds attended a vigil for the popular officer last week.

Initial news reports did not mention the drunk driver's illegal status or criminal history, probably because it's not politically correct. The media conveniently dismisses these crucial facts as irrelevant, though it's a very important issue. Back in 1994 Corona pleaded guilty to criminal conspiracy in Adams County Colorado, according to court records obtained by the mainstream news outlet linked above. Evidently, it was part of a deal in which prosecutors dismissed the more serious charges of burglary, assault and leaving the scene of an accident.

Under Obama's amnesty, tens of thousands of illegal aliens with criminal records more serious than Corona's are being released from U.S. custody. Just last week Judicial Watch reported that in 2013 Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) freed 36,007 illegal immigrants convicted of violent and serious crimes from detention centers throughout the nation. The crimes include homicide, sexual assault, theft, kidnapping and alcohol-related driving convictions, according to the government's own records. The breathtaking documents were obtained by a nonpartisan research center dedicated to studying immigration issues.

Last summer legislation crafted by the bipartisan Gang of Eight in the U.S. Senate would have granted amnesty to illegal aliens with drunk-driving, domestic violence, aggravated assault and child abuse convictions. Incredibly, groups that would normally be vocal on these sorts of issues remained silent. For example, the nation's largest organization working to stop drunk driving and support victims of the violent crime—Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD)—refused to criticize the proposed law even though it would have rewarded those convicted of driving dunk. Through a spokeswoman, MADD said it "doesn't get involved in immigration matters."

Unbelievably, Corona would have qualified for Obama amnesty before committing the high-profile crime of killing a police officer. Family members have admitted in the media that the illegal alien gardener had been drinking hours before the crash and that they tried to stop him from driving. This guy was a real menace to society yet authorities let him roam freely after his encounter with the law years ago. In a touching farewell to Officer Mendoza published by a local newspaper, a Mesa park ranger writes that the fallen cop worked with troubled youth and helped clean up a crime-infested local park of drugs, alcohol and prostitutes. "Brandon sadly unknown to you, you became that last line of defense with assisting your brothers who vowed as you did to 'Protect and Serve' and gave the ultimate sacrifice in order that others may live."

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

(It doesn't get any sicker than this article)

Holy Islamic Council Approves Child Marriage

The Council of Islamic Ideology (CII) in Pakistan declared girls as young as nine year old are eligible for marriage.
The Times of India reported, via Jihad Watch:
http://www.jihadwatch.org/2014/05/pakistans-council-of-islamic-ideology-endorses-child-marriage

Islamic apologists in the West routinely claim that Muhammad did not marry a child and that child marriage is not permitted in Islam, but actually, few things are more abundantly attested in Islamic law than the permissibility of child marriage. Islamic tradition records that Muhammad's favorite wife, Aisha, was six years old when Muhammad wedded her and nine years old when he consummated the marriage:
"The Prophet wrote the (marriage contract) with Aisha while she was six years old and consummated his marriage with her while she was nine years old and she remained with him for nine years (i.e. till his death)" (Bukhari 7.62.88).
.Another tradition has Aisha herself recount the scene:

The Prophet engaged me when I was a girl of six (years). We went to Medina and stayed at the home of Bani-al-Harith bin Khazraj. Then I got ill and my hair fell down. Later on my hair grew (again) and my mother, Um Ruman, came to me while I was playing in a swing with some of my girl friends. She called me, and I went to her, not knowing what she wanted to do to me. She caught me by the hand and made me stand at the door of the house. I was breathless then, and when my breathing became Allright, she took some water and rubbed my face and head with it. Then she took me into the house. There in the house I saw some Ansari women who said, "Best wishes and Allah's Blessing and a good luck." Then she entrusted me to them and they prepared me (for the marriage). Unexpectedly Allah's Apostle came to me in the forenoon and my mother handed me over to him, and at that time I was a girl of nine years of age. (Bukhari 5.58.234).
.Muhammad was at this time fifty-four years old.

Marrying young girls was not all that unusual for its time, but because in Islam Muhammad is the supreme example of conduct (cf. Qur'an 33:21), he is considered exemplary in this unto today. And so in April 2011, the Bangladesh Mufti Fazlul Haque Amini declared that those trying to pass a law banning child marriage in that country were putting Muhammad in a bad light: "Banning child marriage will cause challenging the marriage of the holy prophet of Islam, [putting] the moral character of the prophet into controversy and challenge." He added a threat: "Islam permits child marriage and it will not be tolerated if any ruler will ever try to touch this issue in the name of giving more rights to women." The Mufti said that 200,000 jihadists were ready to sacrifice their lives for any law restricting child marriage.

Likewise the influential website Islamonline.com in December 2010 justified child marriage by invoking not only Muhammad's example, but the Qur'an as well:

The Noble Qur'an has also mentioned the waiting period [i.e. for a divorced wife to remarry] for the wife who has not yet menstruated, saying: "And those who no longer expect menstruation among your women, if you doubt, then their period is three months, and [also for] those who have not menstruated" [Qur'an 65:4]. Since this is not negated later, we can take from this verse that it is permissible to have sexual intercourse with a prepubescent girl. The Qur'an is not like the books of jurisprudence which mention what the implications of things are, even if they are prohibited. It is true that the prophet entered into a marriage contract with A'isha when she was six years old, however he did not have sex with her until she was nine years old, according to al-Bukhari.
.Other countries make Muhammad's example the basis of their laws regarding the legal marriageable age for girls. Article 1041 of the Civil Code of the Islamic Republic of Iran states that girls can be engaged before the age of nine, and married at nine: "Marriage before puberty (nine full lunar years for girls) is prohibited. Marriage contracted before reaching puberty with the permission of the guardian is valid provided that the interests of the ward are duly observed."

Iran's Ayatollah Khomeini himself married a ten-year-old girl when he was twenty-eight. Khomeini called marriage to a prepubescent girl "a divine blessing," and advised the faithful to give their own daughters away accordingly: "Do your best to ensure that your daughters do not see their first blood in your house." When he took power in Iran, he lowered the legal marriageable age of girls to nine, in accord with Muhammad's example.

"Pakistan's religious body endorses underage marriage," PTI, May 22, 2014 (thanks to Traveller 45):

ISLAMABAD: In a retrogressive step, a religious body in Pakistan has declared girls as young as nine years old eligible to be married "if the signs of puberty were visible", a media report said today.

Council of Islamic Ideology (CII) chairman Maulana Mohammad Khan Sheerani of the Jamiat Ulema-i-Islam-Fazl (JUI-F) said after a meeting yesterday that media and 'some other segments of society' were not taking the council's decisions seriously.

He said laws that defined a minimum age for marriage were not Islamic and should be repealed, adding that the council would recommend that the Parliament amend these laws to bring them in accordance with Islamic principles, Dawn news reported.

He also criticised the Sindh Assembly which last month passed Sindh Child Marriage Restraint Bill, banning underage marriages.

The CII chief said marriages that were solemnised at a time when both individuals were minors were only binding if they were arranged by the 'wali' (father or grandfather) of the two individuals.

In cases where marriages were solemnised by someone other than the 'wali', both individuals had the option to refuse or reconsider the match upon achieving adulthood.

Clarifying the decision, Sheerani said that a 'nikah' could be performed at any age, but the bride could only start living with the groom after reaching puberty, the report said.

The CII chief also said that most of the clauses of the existing Muslim Marriage Law, 1961 were un-Islamic.

He said that section 6 of the law, which required men to seek permission from their wives before entering into another marriage, was not in accordance with Islamic principles....
--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

Fox News' Gregg Jarrett released from jail after apparent drunken bust in Minneapolis airport bar
Jarrett, 59, appeared drunk and was acting belligerent during a run-in with cops at a Minneapolis airport bar on Wednesday afternoon, cops said.

BY Philip Caulfield  / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS / Published: Thursday, May 22

Fox News anchor Gregg Jarrett was arrested in Minneapolis-St. Paul
International Airport Wednesday for refusing to cooperate with police.

Fox News anchor Gregg Jarrett was released from jail early Thursday following an alleged drunken bust in a Minneapolis airport bar.

Cops said the 59-year-old weekend anchor appeared wasted and was belligerent during a run-in with police at the Northern Lights Grill at Minneapolis-St. Paul airport at around 12:30 p.m. Wednesday.

Jarrett, who on leave from the news station, refused to cooperate with police and was booked into Hennepin County Jail for interfering with a peace officer, a misdemeanor, authorities said.

He was released at about 1:30 a.m. after posting $300 bond, cops said.

"We were made aware late last night that Gregg Jarrett was arrested in Minneapolis yesterday and charged with a misdemeanor," a Fox News spokesperson said in an email. "He is dealing with serious personal issues at this time."

"A date at which Gregg might return to air has yet to be determined," the spokesperson said.

Jarrett was placed on leave from his anchor gig  earlier this month after requesting time off for personal reasons, Media Bistro reported.

The Los Angeles-born newsman joined Fox News in 2002 after stints at MSNBC and Court TV.

He and his wife, Catherine, have been married since 1993.

Jarrett was due back in court on June 6.

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

Todays Twits For Obuma

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

Is MSM News Dying?

by Michael Snyder/March 3, 2010

Is the mainstream media news dying out?  For decades, the nightly news on the big 3 networks dominated the airwaves.  Tens of millions of Americans tuned in each night to find out what was happening in the world.  But now cable news has cannibalized a huge chunk of that audience, and the Internet is taking massive amounts of eyeballs away from both of them.  So are we now at a point when the way that Americans get their news has fundamentally changed forever?

According to the Pew Internet and American Life Project, the Internet has surpassed newspapers as one of the primary ways that Americans get their news.
http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2010/02/internet-overtakes-print-in-news-consumption-among-americans/

Perhaps that seems only natural to many of us now, but there was a time before the Internet was widely available that a very high percentage of the population would read a newspaper each day.

But now all of that has fundamentally changed.

According to the Pew survey, only 17 percent of Americans say that they read the print version of a national newspaper and only 50 percent say that they read local newspapers.

But that is only part of the story.

According to the survey newspapers were most likely to be read by people who were over the age of 50 or who don't own cell phones.

So as that generation dies out, newspapers will lose even more popularity.

But it isn't just newspapers that are suffering.

It appears that a day of reckoning has arrived for network news as well.

Both ABC News and CBS News have recently made announcements that indicate that they are experiencing deep financial woes.  Not that NBC News is doing well either.  NBC News has been struggling financially for quite some time.
http://www.examiner.com/article/mainstream-media-going-down-abc-cbs-imploding

But it was still a shock when ABC News announced that it was cutting its news correspondent staff by 50 percent and that it will close all of its "brick and mortar" news bureaus except for the one in Washington D.C.
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/entertainmentnewsbuzz/2010/02/abc-news-to-cut-half-its-domestic-correspondents-shut-down-all-bureaus-except-washington.html

So why are so many diverse mainstream media outlets hurting so much?

There are a lot of reasons, but one of the key factors is that people are tired of not hearing the truth.

More Americans than ever are waking up and are realizing that the mainstream media is very tightly controlled and is not telling them the whole truth.  Many are realizing that the "news" is increasingly becoming little more than thinly-disguised propaganda.

The reality is that as the alternative media has grown more prominent in recent years, the corporate-controlled mainstream media has lost tons of credibility.

Once credibility is gone, it is really hard to get it back.  In recent years it has become increasingly obvious that outlets such as the New York Times and CNN produce news that has been twisted and spun to fit a particular ideology and to promote a particular agenda.

And the American people are sick and tired of it. 

So the mainstream news outlets are going to continue to lose viewers and readers.

But that is a good thing

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

Shocking Facts You Did Not Know A Minute Ago
How about that China is the world's biggest english-speaking nation? Or that India has more people with IQ's over 120 than the total population of the USA? Or that a home computer in 2049 will have more computing power than the total human species of 2008?

Sex - 10 Things you Didn't Know

10 Things You Didn't Know About Your Eyes
What does Pikachu have to do with your eyes? Find out in 10 things you didn't know about your eyes.

10 Things You Didn't Know About Area 51 10 Things You Didn't Know About Area 51
Conspiracies surround this top-secret base. Find out what's not theory in 10 things you

10 Things You Didn't Know About Adolf Hitler

He may be one of the cruelest men of the century, but read on to find out how truly twisted he really was in 10 things you didn't know about Adolf Hitler

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

Dozens of Veterans' Bodies Never Buried

(Shameful doesn't even begin to describe this)
>:( >:( >:( >:( :'(

LOS ANGELES (CBSLA.com) — The bodies of 28 veterans at the L.A. County Morgue were finally moved Friday for burial to the Riverside National Cemetery.

CBS2/KCAL9 pressed the L.A. County Coroner's Office Thursday to find out why the bodies had not yet received a proper burial after a source indicated there may have been as many as 60 veterans at the morgue for the past year and a half.

The morgue says the bodies were unclaimed and they don't know how long the veterans were there.

The law states veterans are supposed to receive a proper burial.

The Veterans Administration says they were never notified the bodies were processed and ready to be buried.

More than two dozen bodies were transported to the Riverside National Cemetery Friday afternoon and more could be moved as they are identified.

On Friday evening, KCAL9′s Stacey Butler reported the LA County Morgue and the Veteran's Administration were blaming each other for the mistake.

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

89 Year Old D-Day Veteran Has Veterans Benefits Cut From $300 To $6/Month

Via Fox News:
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/05/25/va-cuts-d-day-veterans-benefits-to-6-month/?intcmp=latestnews

An 89-year-old Navy veteran who came under heavy enemy fire aboard a landing craft on D-Day is accusing bureaucrats at the Department of Veterans Affairs of slashing his veterans benefits to $6 a month from $300.

Joseph Teson, of Watervliet, N.Y., told WNYT-TV he used to get $300 a month in benefits, about a third of which he would donate to veterans groups. He said the VA cut his benefits to recoup an overpayment of more than $3,000 that he never even noticed.

"I don't know how they did it, but they did it," Teson, 89, told the Albany station Saturday. "I didn't say nothing. I just let it go. Everybody else complained but me."

Teson was notified of the overpayment last year. The VA sent him a letter saying his "entitlement to compensation and pension benefits had changed," resulting in an overpayment to him of $3,090.

--Warph

-- Warph

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk