This and That...

Started by Warph, September 04, 2012, 01:52:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warph

Via The Black Sphere
http://theblacksphere.net/2014/5/former-janitor-selected-by-rams#!

Here is the St. Louis Ram you SHOULD be hearing about, and it's not Michael Sam. It's the janitor at the Edward Jones Dome, home of the St. Louis Rams. Former Utah State star safety Maurice Alexander's story is the story on which Obama should be commenting. It's a story of redemption and showcases the American Spirit; which is why Obama is ignoring it.

Back in 2012, Alexander was sentenced to a year in jail after punching a teammate at a party. No doubt Alexander was likely an angry young man, as most young black men are. His career was derailed, as he plead guilty to a lesser charge, and the judge suspended all but 45 days of the sentence.

For his transgression, Alexander was kicked off the team and returned home to Eureka, Missouri. Alexander actually worked as a janitor as the stadium in which he had hoped he would one day play.

"I always stood at the end of that field and I just looked at it. This could be my dream spot. Look where I'm at now." – M. Alexander

Alexander would get a second chance.

The team reinstated him in 2013. He had a stellar year at Utah State, and attended the combine, where NFL prospects show their skills.

He was selected by the Rams in the fourth round as the 110th selection.

Alexander says that his year away from football shaped him into the person he is today. But Obama and the Left aren't telling this story. Because for them, there is a bigger story about a lesser black athlete who has overcome nothing. All Michael Sam did was announced that he is gay. Today, that's all it takes for "stardom."
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Warph

Karl Rove Suggests Hillary Might Have Brain Damage

(The problem isn't damage to the brain, the problem is damage to the soul)

Via NY Post:
http://pagesix.com/2014/05/12/karl-rove-hillary-clinton-may-have-brain-damage/

Karl Rove stunned a conference when he suggested Hillary Clinton might have brain damage.

Onstage with Robert Gibbs and CBS correspondent and "Spies Against Armageddon" co-author Dan Raviv, Rove said Republicans should keep the Benghazi issue alive.
He said if Clinton runs for president, voters must be told what happened when she suffered a fall in December 2012.

The official diagnosis was a blood clot. Rove told the conference near LA Thursday, "Thirty days in the hospital? And when she reappears, she's wearing glasses that are only for people who have traumatic brain injury? We need to know what's up with that."

Rove repeated the claim a number of times to the audience. Clinton's rep said, "Please assure Dr. Rove she's 100 percent."

--Warph

-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Warph

Republicans Overturn Obuma Decision To Deny Honors
And Benefits To The Victims Of Fort Hood Terrorist Attack

(Finally, for the long suffering families.  ***Has Benghazi hero Glen Doherty's family not received his benefits and insurance for the same absurd reason?)

Via IJR:
Republicans on the House Armed Services Committee will overturn one consequence of Obama's unwillingness to recognize the terrorism of the Fort Hood attack: victims will be eligible for the Purple Heart, allowing survivors to receive better and prompter health care from the VA. More than that, every victim will get the recognition and honor due to them.

From KCEN-TV:

"I applaud the Members of the committee for their leadership in approving this important piece of legislation for Fort Hood and the surrounding community," said Sen. Cornyn. "The 2009 Fort Hood victims should be eligible for all the honors and benefits available to U.S. troops who fall victim to an international terrorist attack, especially Purple Heart medals, and this would make that a reality."

"Nearly five years have passed since the horrible tragedy at Fort Hood took the lives of 13 innocent Americans," said Congressman Williams. "It is beyond comprehension why the current Administration has labeled this gruesome terrorist attack "workplace violence," leaving the victims and their families without the benefits, treatment and honor they earned and deserve. This provision in the NDAA would restore the full range of deserved benefits for the victims. Though justice cannot bring back those we lost, justice can be served for the killed and injured troops whose brave actions prevented further bloodshed.

This comes at the same time that the administration is defending itself against charges that decisions were made in the Benghazi attack were animated by the same impulse – to protect Obama instead of protecting Americans.

[...]

Absolutely Shameful: Benghazi Hero Glenn Doherty's Family Hasn't Received His Death Benefit Or Insurance Payment

This is a Facebook post from Glen Doherty's friend, Brandon Webb, who had to help pay to put him in the ground because our government hasn't paid his death benefit or insurance payment to his family/estate.

While we have certainly have talked about how the State Department failed the men in Benghazi, and talked about Hillary Clinton's role, Webb also puts another name on the failure to protect them that isn't mentioned enough.

Via Brandon Webb:
**WARNING** Benghazi rant: If politicians wanted to truly get to the bottom of Benghazi they would stop political grandstanding on both sides of the party lines and they'd do two things straight away:

1. Take care of the families involved. I can't speak for the other three Americans but my friend Glen Doherty's family/estate hasn't received a death benefit or an insurance payment through his DBA policy with the CIA. His friends and I paid to put him in the ground out of our own pockets.

2. They would start to demand that Patrick Kennedy (yes he's a "Kennedy"), the DOS Undersecretary of management, be held accountable at State. His leadership resulted in denied security requests, and he purposely slowed down the follow on investigation at State. He left his people and Stevens in perilous danger, and his neglect, and lack of leadership (Lions led by Lambs at DOS) contributed to four dead Americans.
And I don't care about some goddamn sound byte on Fox news by some American Congressman that's never held a real job, and isn't affected by the same rules as the rest of us but figured out how to use Benghazi for his own political benefit. I certainly don't care about some political "investigation" to get to the bottom of things until 1 and 2 are addressed.
I care about taking care of Americans and holding people accountable for their actions.
Out here. -BW

We keep touting the cause here because in our heads, we see the faces of these men, and those of their families, of Charles Woods and his family, and Pat Smith, the mother of Sean Smith.

How can we ignore them?

Picture of Glen from Glen Doherty Foundation Page. Please visit and get to know more about him:  http://www.glendohertyfoundation.org/about-glen/

--Warph

-- Warph

Ross

(All Emphasis Is Mine)

Conspiracy Theory?
You Decide!

The Library of Congress > THOMAS Home > Bills, Resolutions > Search Results
Bill Text
107th Congress (2001-2002)
H.R.2977.IH

Bill PDF   Printer Friendly[Help]    Congressional Record References   Bill Summary & Status

H.R.2977 -- Space Preservation Act of 2001 (Introduced in House - IH)

HR 2977 IH

107th CONGRESS

1st Session

H. R. 2977

To preserve the cooperative, peaceful uses of space for the benefit of all humankind by permanently prohibiting the basing of weapons in space by the United States, and to require the President to take action to adopt and implement a world treaty banning space-based weapons.

IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES

October 2, 2001

Mr. KUCINICH introduced the following bill; which was referred to the Committee on Science, and in addition to the Committees on Armed Services, and International Relations, for a period to be subsequently determined by the Speaker, in each case for consideration of such provisions as fall within the jurisdiction of the committee concerned

A BILL

To preserve the cooperative, peaceful uses of space for the benefit of all humankind by permanently prohibiting the basing of weapons in space by the United States, and to require the President to take action to adopt and implement a world treaty banning space-based weapons.

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,

SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE.

This Act may be cited as the `Space Preservation Act of 2001'.

SEC. 2. REAFFIRMATION OF POLICY ON THE PRESERVATION OF PEACE IN SPACE.

Congress reaffirms the policy expressed in section 102(a) of the National Aeronautics and Space Act of 1958 (42 U.S.C. 2451(a)), stating that it `is the policy of the United States that activities in space should be devoted to peaceful purposes for the benefit of all mankind.'.

SEC. 3. PERMANENT BAN ON BASING OF WEAPONS IN SPACE.

The President shall--

(1) implement a permanent ban on space-based weapons of the United States and remove from space any existing space-based weapons of the United States; and

(2) immediately order the permanent termination of research and development, testing, manufacturing, production, and deployment of all space-based weapons of the United States and their components.

SEC. 4. WORLD AGREEMENT BANNING SPACE-BASED WEAPONS.

The President shall direct the United States representatives to the United Nations and other international organizations to immediately work toward negotiating, adopting, and implementing a world agreement banning space-based weapons.

SEC. 5. REPORT.

The President shall submit to Congress not later than 90 days after the date of the enactment of this Act, and every 90 days thereafter, a report on--

(1) the implementation of the permanent ban on space-based weapons required by section 3; and

(2) progress toward negotiating, adopting, and implementing the agreement described in section 4.

SEC. 6. NON SPACE-BASED WEAPONS ACTIVITIES.

Nothing in this Act may be construed as prohibiting the use of funds for--

(1) space exploration;

(2) space research and development;

(3) testing, manufacturing, or production that is not related to space-based weapons or systems; or

(4) civil, commercial, or defense activities (including communications, navigation, surveillance, reconnaissance, early warning, or remote sensing) that are not related to space-based weapons or systems.

SEC. 7. DEFINITIONS.

In this Act:

(1) The term `space' means all space extending upward from an altitude greater than 60 kilometers above the surface of the earth and any celestial body in such space.

(2)(A) The terms `weapon' and `weapons system' mean a device capable of any of the following:

(i) Damaging or destroying an object (whether in outer space, in the atmosphere, or on earth) by--

(I) firing one or more projectiles to collide with that object;

(II) detonating one or more explosive devices in close proximity to that object;

(III) directing a source of energy (including molecular or atomic energy, subatomic particle beams, electromagnetic radiation, plasma, or extremely low frequency (ELF) or ultra low frequency (ULF) energy radiation) against that object; or

(IV) any other unacknowledged or as yet undeveloped means.

(ii) Inflicting death or injury on, or damaging or destroying, a person (or the biological life, bodily health, mental health, or physical and economic well-being of a person)--

(I) through the use of any of the means described in clause (i) or subparagraph (B);

(II) through the use of land-based, sea-based, or space-based systems using radiation, electromagnetic, psychotronic, sonic, laser, or other energies directed at individual persons or targeted populations for the purpose of information war, mood management, or mind control of such persons or populations; or

(III) by expelling chemical or biological agents in the vicinity of a person.

(B) Such terms include exotic weapons systems such as--

(i) electronic, psychotronic, or information weapons;

(ii) chemtrails;

(iii) high altitude ultra low frequency weapons systems;

(iv) plasma, electromagnetic, sonic, or ultrasonic weapons;

(v) laser weapons systems;

(vi) strategic, theater, tactical, or extraterrestrial weapons; and

(vii) chemical, biological, environmental, climate, or tectonic weapons.

(C) The term `exotic weapons systems' includes weapons designed to damage space or natural ecosystems (such as the ionosphere and upper atmosphere) or climate, weather, and tectonic systems with the purpose of inducing damage or destruction upon a target population or region on earth or in space.

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c107:H.R.2977.IH:

(From a separate source)

I Wonder why this bill failed to pass!
Don't you?

Ross

No Surprise Here, Is There!

Russia to ban US
from using Space Station
over Ukraine sanctions

In retaliation for imposing sanctions, Russia will also bar its rocket engines from launching US military satellites.

From left: Steve Swanson from the US and Alexander Skvortsov and Oleg Artemyev from Russia before the launch Photo: Camera Press/Ria Novosti

Reuters

7:56PM BST 13 May 2014

Russia is to deny the US future use of the International Space Station beyond 2020 and will also bar its rocket engines from launching US military satellites as it hits back at American sanctions imposed over Ukraine crisis.

Russia's deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin announced a series of punitive measures on Tuesday against the US in response to sanctions imposed after Russia annexed Crimea.

The two countries have long cooperated closely on space exploration despite their clashes in foreign policy.

The Space Station is manned by both American and Russian crew, but the only way to reach it is by using Russia's Soyuz spacecraft.

The US is keen to keep the $100 billion (£600) ISS flying until at least 2024, four years beyond its original target.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/russia/10828964/Russia-to-ban-US-from-using-Space-Station-over-Ukraine-sanctions.html

Ross

WND EXCLUSIVE
Knockout Game fueled by 'Holder effect'?
'It was attorney general who announced his department would side with his people'
Published: 01/10/2014 at 8:09 PM
Drew Zahn

When Barack Obama – the son of a black father and white mother – was elected president in 2008, many hailed it as a monumental step forward for racial reconciliation in the U.S.

But five years into his presidency, is the Obama White House actually making racial tensions worse?

That's the charge of Russ Vaughn, who posits in an American Thinker commentary that Attorney General Eric Holder's treatment of the "Knockout Game" phenomenon is revealing the White House's racial agenda is more concerned with retribution than reconciliation.

"The Obama administration and the Holder Justice Department are deliberately disinclined to prosecute hate crimes where blacks are the perpetrators and whites are the victims," Vaughn writes. "It is becoming increasingly disturbing that it is not just the Obama administration and the brown-nosed media that have attempted to sweep this new criminal activity under the rug, but [also] local police departments. It's happening all over the country, and not just in the major urban centers. I call this racialization of the law and criminality the Holder Effect, for it was the relatively new attorney general who famously announced that his Justice Department would side with 'his people.'"

Vaughn's column alludes to the Knockout Game, a violent trend wherein young thugs deliver unsuspecting victims a single blow to the head in an attempt to "knock out" the target. Dozens of examples in recent months have shown the Knockout Game is particularly popular among black youths targeting white or Jewish victims.

Black mobs routinely terrorize cities across the country, but the media and government are silent. Read the detailed account of rampant racial crime in "White Girl Bleed A Lot: The Return of Racial Violence to America and How the Media Ignore It."
http://superstore.wnd.com/Welcome/White-Girl-Bleed-A-Lot-Autographed-Paperback

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2014/01/knockout-game-fueled-by-holder-effect/#GLOxBFCGxqzmiTIc.99

Warph

***WARNING***  WORDS, expressing all details in a clear and obvious way, leaving no doubt as to the intended meaning.  ***WARNING***

Up Close and Personal: Huma Abedin leans in to advise Hillary Clinton, then Secretary of State, during an Open Government Partnership event in New York in 2011

EXCLUSIVE: Two decades after her affair with Bill Clinton, Gennifer Flowers reveals they'd be together now if it wasn't for Chelsea and how former president confided in her that Hillary was bisexual
•Flowers's 12-year affair with Bill Clinton was exposed in 1992 during his presidential campaign
•She bitterly regrets rejecting him when he last begged to see her and says he's the 'love of her life'
•Launching a career as a sex columnist she says Clinton taught her everything she knows

•Bill told her Hillary was 'bisexual' and that he had 'no problem with that'

Bill Clinton: 'Hillary's Eaten More Pussy Than I Have!'

It's not exactly hard to imagine Bill Clinton using those exact words

The Following is excerpted from The Daily Mail:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2424555/Bill-Clintons-mistress-Gennifer-Flowers-Wed-today-wasnt-Chelsea.html#ixzz2fM6vnLr6

Their 12-year affair made Gennifer Flowers one of the most high profile mistresses in America. Now, two decades after they split amid scandal, the former news reporter from Little Rock, Arkansas wants to 'sit down and talk' with Bill Clinton.

In an exclusive interview with MailOnline, Gennifer has spoken of her deep regret at turning down Clinton's pleas to talk some eight years ago and revealed her belief that they would still be together today, were it not the birth of Clinton's daughter, Chelsea.

She said: 'We have some unresolved issues that it would be nice to sit down and talk about now. He was the love of my life and I was the love of his life and you don't get over those things.'

By then all lines of communication with Clinton had been severed and she had no contact with him for 13 years when he called out of the blue. She said: 'He called me back in 2005 in New Orleans. He wanted to put on the hoodie and jog on over like he used to.

'First I was just shocked. He was so adamant about wanting to sit down and talk to me in person.

'It almost seemed like what I had heard of people who were going through a 12 step program and wanted to atone to people for various things.'

'Bill and I would be together today if it wasn't for politics. It was me, Bill and Hillary. Then they had Chelsea and the stakes got too high.'

On 23 January 1992 tabloid, The Star named Gennifer as Clinton's mistress. Three days later he and wife Hillary appeared on 60 minutes, side by side, flat denying the claim.

Six years later Clinton admitted to having sexual relations with Gennifer 'one time' in 1977 in his deposition to lawyers representing former Arkansas State employee Paula Jones in her sexual harassment lawsuit against him.

Clinton, now 67, also shared a lot of intimacies regarding his marriage to Hillary.

They left Gennifer in no doubt that the union is far from 'traditional.'

She said: 'What they have is very strong.

'It obviously worked for them but I've never considered theirs a traditional marriage.'

When rumours surfaced recently of an affair between Hillary Clinton and her transition office chief, Huma Abedin, 37, Gennifer was not surprised.

Gennifer said: 'I don't know Huma or the Weiners. I just know what Bill told me and that was that he was aware that Hillary was bisexual and he didn't care. He should know.

'He said Hillary had eaten more pussy than he had.'

Yet however much their roles as mistress and wife cast Gennifer and Hillary Clinton as natural rivals Gennifer claimed to feel a sense of solidarity with Hillary, 65, and would support Hillary's candidacy for President.

Keep Reading:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2424555/Bill-Clintons-mistress-Gennifer-Flowers-Wed-today-wasnt-Chelsea.html#ixzz2fM6vnLr6
--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

If Economic Cycle Theorists Are Correct, 2015 To 2020 Will Be Pure Hell For The United States
By Michael Snyder, on May 12th, 2014

Does the economy move in predictable waves, cycles or patterns?  There are many economists that believe that it does, and if their projections are correct, the rest of this decade is going to be pure hell for the United States.  Many mainstream economists want nothing to do with economic cycle theorists, but it should be noted that economic cycle theories have enabled some analysts to correctly predict the timing of recessions, stock market peaks and stock market crashes over the past couple of decades.  Of course none of the theories discussed below is perfect, but it is very interesting to note that all of them seem to indicate that the U.S. economy is about to enter a major downturn.  So will the period of 2015 to 2020 turn out to be pure hell for the United States?  We will just have to wait and see.

Read More At: http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/archives/if-economic-cycle-theorists-are-correct-2015-to-2020-will-be-pure-hell-for-the-united-states

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

Report: Food Prices Skyrocket:
"We're Going to Have a Major Problem Coming Into the Fall"

Mac Slavo
May 14th, 2014

While government statisticians claim robust growth, recent data points suggest otherwise. Consumers are quickly running out of money, home sales have collapsed and hit their biggest drop in three years, there are more Americans out of the labor force than ever before, and one third of adults under the age of 35 are living with their parents because they can no longer afford to pay their own mortgage.

By all accounts, the reality is that we are now factually in a recession, a point further emphasized by the recent revelation that American companies are experiencing near zero percent earnings growth.

But that's just the beginning. As we warned earlier this year, food prices would see a steady rise through 2014 because of increased global demand, drought and continued degradation of the U.S. dollar.

The Producer Price Index made available by the Bureau of Labor and Statistics this morning has now confirmed those fears. Consumers are seeing an immediate impact to their wallets in the form of food price inflation and in all likelihood the trend will continue going forward.

These latest numbers are serious. So much so that according to Zero Hedge, "the last time food prices spiked by this much in one month, the resulting Arab Spring wave of revolutions tumbled governments across north Africa and the middle east."

The trend over the last several months shows a clear and sustained rise in prices for food, something that nearly 50 millions are already struggling to acquire, even with assistance from the government. Now their food stamps buy even less. And if people are spending more on food, it means they'll be spending less in other sectors of the economy.

Karl Denninger at The Market Ticker warns that this is bad news because consumers are now paying 7.4% more for food on an annual basis than they were last year, a scenario which could lead to macro-economic repercussions by Fall.

Food was up huge, and people will dismiss the headline 0.6% (monthly, which would be a 7.4% annual inflation rate!) on food, which of course doesn't "hit" core.

There's a problem with that however – services were up the same 0.6% monthly behind an 0.7% increase last month, and "core" is up 0.3% on goods, which is a 3.7% rate of increase.  This pushed the 12 month rate beyond the Fed's 2% target.

The next claim that will be made is that this is "transitory."  Unfortunately the intermediate (~1-3 months forward) and crude (~3-6 month forward) numbers tell a very different story.

The intermdiate trend in foods is bad news; that is a monthly change.  Energy has been the counterbalance the last two months on an intermediate term, and has kept things in check, and "less foods and energy" has been reasonably-behaved — right up until this year.  Now it's looking less-so.  But the alarm bells are not there, they're in the forward trend on the crude side.

Here's the problem — we're several percent ahead of last year's rate at this time of the year.  Spring into early summer tends to have a PPI increase in crude goods.  But if that spread continues we're going to have a major problem coming into the fall as this works through the system, and given unit labor costs and productivity numbers (both going the wrong way too) there is no ability to absorb it.

Now let me point out that we're not quite where you have to ring the "oh crap" bell yet.  There's another month or two before that happens — but by June, if the trend we're seeing here hasn't broken this will get into the forward economic analysis mindspace of most of the people who look at this stuff.

I don't like the trend at all.

Charts and full analysis:
http://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=229009

Within the next couple of months we're going to have a very good idea of where this is all headed. If prices don't turn down, then by Fall we're going to have a big problem:

There is no ability in the economy to absorb such price increases as productivity and unit labor cost figures have shown.  Instead, what this will produce is recession – deep recession.

Look out below.

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

Ophthalmologist Says Hillary's Glasses Show She Suffered From Double Vision

Via Fox News:

A New York ophthalmologist told FoxNews.com that special glasses former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton was seen wearing last year are used to treat double vision, which is sometimes caused by severe head trauma.

Dr. Marc Werner explained the purpose of the Fresnel prism eyeglasses, like the ones Clinton wore, amid questions about the potential presidential candidate's health. The subject was raised after Karl Rove commented on her time in and out of the hospital in December 2012.

"In order to see one object, your eyes need to be pointed in the same direction. If your eyes are misaligned, one way to optically align them is to put a prism ... on your glasses," Werner said.

In late 2012, Clinton was suffering from a stomach virus when she fell at her home, struck her head and endured a concussion, according to her representatives. Doctors later discovered a blood clot behind her right ear. Werner says severe head trauma could have caused double vision and Clinton's need for Fresnel prism glasses.

"Any issue which raises intracranial pressure can damage one of the nerves which moves the eye around, and if it damages one of the nerves, your eyes will be misaligned — maybe temporarily, maybe more permanently," Werner said.

--Warph

-- Warph

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk