This and That...

Started by Warph, September 04, 2012, 01:52:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warph

Federal Judge: Eric Holder 'Disrespectful,' Set 'A Dangerous Precedent'

(ho-hummm...another precedent for the Administration)
Via BPR

Washington, D.C., federal judge rebuked U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder on Thursday for overstepping his authority and disrespecting the judicial process.

"I regret that, before we voted on the amendment, Attorney General Holder instructed assistant United States attorneys across the nation not to object to defense requests to apply the proposed amendment in sentencing proceedings going forward," Judge William Pryor Jr. said at a public hearing, according to the National Review. "That unprecedented instruction disrespected our statutory role 'as an independent commission in the judicial branch,' to establish sentencing policies and practices under the Sentencing Reform Act of 1984."

Eric Holder pointing at GohmertA day earlier, U.S. Rep. Louie Gohmert, R-Texas, accused Holder of ignoring subpoenas issued by the House Judiciary Committee.

Obama's procrastinator-in-chief had been expected to appear before the Sentencing Commission to defend his breach of protocol, but he never showed up. Since the sentencing guidelines themselves were never at issue, the commission unanimously passed the amendment to reduce non-violent drug dealers' prison terms by 17 percent. But Holder's attempts to sidestep the constitutional process remain a sticking point for Pryor and other critics.

"The law provides the executive no authority to establish national sentencing policies based on speculation about how we and Congress might vote on a proposed amendment," Pryor said, according to The Blaze. "We do not discharge our statutory duty until we vote on a proposed amendment, and Congress, by law, has until Nov. 1 to decide whether our proposed amendment should become effective."

When fellow Commissioner Jonathan Wroblewski tried to defend Holder by calling his behavior was lawful and respectful, Chief Judge Rosario Hinojosa rebuffed him, accusing Holder of setting "a dangerous precedent."

"For those committed to the rule of law, the question...it's whether the Attorney General, the chief law enforcement officer in the United States, is committed to following the law as it exists, or instead, as he wants and speculates it might become," Georgetown law professor William G. Otis said in a statement, National Review reported.

Rest assured, Holder's role as an administration lightning rod will not soften any time soon.

[...]

Ted Cruz: Impeach Eric Holder If He Doesn't Take Action Against Lois Lerner

(Impeach hell, throw his a$$ in jail with Lois Lerner)

Via Washington Times:
Sen. Ted Cruz said Attorney General Eric Holder ought to be impeached if he doesn't take tough action against former IRS official Lois Lerner, who's been tied to the agency's targeting-of-tea-partyers scandal.

During a talk with Sean Hannity on the host's radio show on Thursday, Mr. Cruz called Mr. Holder the "most partisan attorney general the country has ever had," and said that he should be impeached for "defying Congress and the rule of law," Breitbart reported.

For example: Mr. Holder has not indicted anybody in the eight months after the inspector general found that the IRS has indeed wrongfully targeted conservative and tea party groups, Mr. Cruz said.

That's just not acceptable, Mr. Cruz added.

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Warph

IRS Seizing Tax Refunds Of Children, Grandchildren Of Debtors,
Decades After Debt

Via Biz Pac Review:
The old maxim that you can't hold children responsible for the sins of their parents no longer applies — at least as far as Washington is concerned.

Congress quietly passed legislation in 2011 lifting the former 10-year statute of limitations on money owed to the government, allowing Uncle Sam to collect debts going back decades. The measure also allows the government to collect from debtors' children and grandchildren, according to Fox News.

Now, "some 400,000 Americans may see their tax refund checks grabbed by the government," Fox reported.

[...]

IRS Issued $4 Billion In Fraudulent Refunds Last Year

(Between that and the Hillary Clinton's State Department losing 6 billion, that's 10 billion big bucks)

Via Breitbart:
How much did the IRS mistakenly give to tax scam artists who cashed in on fraudulent tax returns last year? Would you believe almost $4 billion?

Believe it. In a report released last November, the federal government admitted that it had conducted roughly 1,500 criminal investigations concerning identity theft in fiscal year 2013. This was 66% more than the previous year.

FBI Supervisory Special Agent Jay Bernardo said, "I've been on calls with Alabama, Chicago, some other field divisions, where they're now experiencing people who were from Florida and now moving to other states to conduct this same type of fraud. Based on the parameters that are in place now, it's very difficult to stop."

--Warph

-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Warph

Bloods Gang Member Who Is Serving Life Sentence 'Masterminded Terrifying Kidnap Of Prosecutor's Father Using A Cell Phone He'd Smuggled In To Prison'

Again we have to go across the pond to fill in the blanks that the politically correct crooked American media fails to report

Via The Daily Mail
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2602485/Bloods-gang-member-sentenced-life-prison-masterminded-terrifying-kidnap-prosecutors-father-using-cell-phone-hed-smuggled-prison.html

•Kelvin Melton communicated with 5 gang members from his jail cell after they kidnapped Frank Arthur Janssen, 63, from his home on Saturday

•Melton, a habitual felon, is serving a life sentence for ordering the shooting of a man in 2011 - a case Janssen's daughter prosecuted on

•The 5 kidnappers 'sent Mr Janssen's wife text messages saying they would dismember her husband if she contacted police'

•Mr Janssen was rescued in a raid on an Atlanta apartment on Wednesday

•Authorities are investigating how Melton had a cell phone in his cell

An imprisoned gangster used a smuggled cell phone to mastermind the terrifying kidnap of the father of a prosecutor who helped send him away for life, federal authorities said.

Frank Arthur Janssen, a North Carolina military contractor whose daughter prosecutes violent crimes, was rescued in a raid on an Atlanta apartment by the FBI's Hostage Rescue Team on Wednesday night.

Authorities arrested five people – aged between 19 and 21 – who allegedly have connections to the Bloods gang. They were acting on behalf of Kelvin Melton, who is serving a life sentence for ordering the shooting of a man in 2011, said John Strong, the FBI's agent in charge for North Carolina.

During the abduction, the kidnappers took a picture of Janssen tied up in a chair and sent it to his wife, threatening to torture and dismember him if she went to police, the FBI said in court documents.

They also allegedly exchanged at least 123 calls and text messages with Melton in the past week as they discussed how to kill and bury 63-year-old Janssen without a trace.

The suspects were found nearly five days after the kidnapping after authorities tracked their mobile phones and listened to their calls.

Authorities are now investigating how Melton, 49, got a mobile phone in his cell at Polk Correctional Institution in Butner. Smuggled phones usually come from relatives or other visitors, AP reported.

Testimony from his 2012 trial shows Melton is a high-ranking member of the Bloods street gang from New York City who ordered a 21-year-old subordinate to travel to Raleigh and kill his ex-girlfriend's new boyfriend.

Court records show Melton has a long record of felony convictions in New York, the first being a 1979 robbery committed when he was 14.

The admitted triggerman, Jamil Herring Gressett, testified that he followed Melton's orders for fear he or his loved ones would be killed if he didn't. The victim survived a gunshot wound.

The prosecutor in the case was Wake County Assistant District Attorney Colleen Janssen – kidnapping victim Frank Janssen's daughter.

In a handwritten 2012 letter in the court file, Melton protested that the prosecutor had not followed proper legal procedure, citing a specific state statute.

Prosecutor must file accuser affidavit with clerk of court 'prior' to seeking an indictment, this affidavit must be on file, mandatory!' Melton wrote. 'The accused indictment is not legal and is rendered in-valid.'

But it didn't work and Melton was convicted of assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill and being a habitual felon, resulting in a life sentence.

The case came back to haunt the Jenssen family when a woman knocked on Frank Janssen's door on Saturday at his Wake Forest home. Several people assaulted him and someone used a stun gun.

He was then driven 400 miles away to Atlanta and his wife, Christie, returned home from a shopping trip to find him gone from the home and drops of what appeared to be blood on the ground.

--Warph

-- Warph

Ross

"No cow justifies the atmosphere of intimidation which currently exists nor the limitation of constitutional rights that are sacred to all Nevadans."

- Nevada Gov. Brian Sandoval
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/04/07/nevada-officials-blast-feds-over-treatment-cattle-rancher-cliven-bundy/

BUNDY RANCH VALUED AT 30 MIL -
HARRY REID PUSHED CNTY
TO SELL TO CHINESE CO.
FOR 4.5 MIL
http://goo.gl/w4pX6N  pic.twitter.com/oHVfkYTbru

Ross

2012: What's the 'real' truth?                                              To find out, I hold a finger in the breeze.

Bundy Ranch: Fed Retreat was Psyop Next Wave Soon . . . This comes as no surprise, and I'm sure the militia is aware of this.
Posted on April 13, 2014

Apr 13, 2014
Thanks to K.

URGENT: New developments in the Bundy Ranch standoff. DHS insider reveals the Federal retreat was complete Psyop to study opposition to crush rebellion in next assault.

Source: Canadian Free Press

All of our lives are going to change in a drastic way, if this is true... From Doug Hagmann

At 1750 hours ET, I was contacted by my source within the Department of Homeland Security regarding the current situation at the Bundy Ranch. To put it bluntly, the people are being hoodwinked into believing that the situation is being resolved. It is not. It is a strategic de-escalation to fool the public. This source stated that the retreat of the BLM agents and the release of the cattle was actually crafted as a potential plan yesterday (Friday, 11 April 2014) based on the following:

1. A military assessment of satellite and drone surveillance imagery of the "patriot resistance. Drones under the control of the U.S. military were in use, taking real-time photographic images of not just the activity at the ranch, but "identifying the protesters, any arms and any supplies they might have or be carrying. "Mission accomplished."
2. Real-time communication intercepts between patriots on-site and their off-site support;
3. Active monitoring of internet traffic regarding the coverage of events at ranch;
4. The monitoring of real-time video from the scene.

This source stated that a response by the patriot movement was anticipated, although exceeded their expectations. Although this was a real operation, they also ran this as a test case for future government operations once they saw the response. They were also actively managing the media, in some cases threatening to cut off White House access to anyone covering the event.

Despite this, the coverage by the alternative media began to create a public relations problem that was not easily managed. Note the lack of acknowledgment by the White House regarding this event. They are intentionally framing it as a state issue, despite the fact that all federal response has been and continues to be from the White House. There is a reason for this — a reason that has not been identified in any of the public reports to date. I will explain in further detail in a follow-up report on Sunday, after this source attends [redacted] to obtain more specific information about future federal operations. Regardless, according to this source, the government will take back 'their land' as they must to fulfill international obligations. It was never about grazing rights or anything other than (1) "securing clear title" to the land, and (2) further demonizing any patriotic resistance. It is my understanding, based on the information from this source, that it is a critical task to create a situation that will also advance their agenda of gun control and confiscation.

A more detailed report will follow on Sunday, 13 April 2014, with additional and much more specific information about their inside plans and future operations.

10 Responses to Bundy Ranch: Fed Retreat was Psyop Next Wave Soon . . . This comes as no surprise, and I'm sure the militia is aware of this.

Doreen Agostino says:   
    April 13, 2014 at 9:34 pm   

By Clint Richardson:
    A basic tenet of the implementation of United Nation's (Agenda 21) world-wide program entitled "Sustainable Development" is to replace the many declarations of rights and privileges called "constitutions" of the many countries with one global charter. This constitution of the Earth, called the 'Declaration of Human Rights", has one very important distinction between itself and that of the U.S. Constitution: the critical altering of individual rights so that the good of the collective people and the state have absolute rights over the individual people. In essence, the concept of natural or God-given rights are erased within this global charter.

In essence, the rights of the people to have private property must be eroded or stripped, making all ownership of any property a part of the "community". Only then can the global Agenda 21 Sustainable Development take a root where once there was individual rights and property. And only by making private property into public (community) property, can the State and local governments justify the legal theft of that property in the name of the people.http://realitybloger.wordpress.com/2012/04/18/the-master-plan-agenda-21-in-action/

http://jhaines6.wordpress.com/2014/04/13/bundy-ranch-fed-retreat-was-psyop-next-wave-soon-this-comes-as-no-surprise-and-im-sure-the-militia-is-aware-of-this/

Warph

Sharyl Attkisson Talks About Leaving CBS –
"why stay"? "Nothing I was reporting about was making the airwaves"
Posted on April 13, 2014

In a rather direct conversation former CBS investigative reporter Sharyl Attkisson talks about her decision to leave CBS News.

Some of the interesting aspects she discusses are how CBS was uninterested in airing numerous reports on scandals that surround the Obuma administration and White House.  She also talks about how the White House would call CBS to pressure the network to stop airing information, and how even her print reporting would find White House officials calling to express their concerns.

[...]

Greta Destroys VA Democrat Congressional Candidate Mike 'Moonbat' Dickinson.

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

WeBeStealin – A brazen flash mob has been caught on camera storming a California store and making off with $20,000 worth of sunglasses.

Surveillance footage shows eight women piling into a Sunglass Hut and crowding around display cases.  Shielding workers from what they're doing, they quickly stuff dozens of fashion specs into their bags.

A store clerk pleads with them to stop, before running out of the shot to get help and dial 911.  The thieves then all bolt outside and escape in a waiting SUV.

The incident occurred at the Valencia Town Center mall, in Santa Clarita, at 3 p.m. on Mar. 29.  Cops are now hunting the women, who are believed to be between the ages of 18 and 25.

--Warph

-- Warph

Ross

My modification to this post: Yes, I know this falls under the designation NGO=Non Governmental Organization.
But look at the cause. I do support such a cause. A cause that is not self serving. If someone knows anything bad about this Association, I would like to hear it.

Oath Keeper Founder Stewart Rhodes, On Bunkerville:
"We know it's not over"

The Daily Sheeple
April 14, 2014

This interview was recorded from the Bundy Ranch late this afternoon.

Stewart Rhodes is the founder of Oath Keepers.

Oath Keepers is a non-partisan association of current and formerly serving military, police, and first responders  who pledge to fulfill the oath all military and police take to "defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic." That oath, mandated by Article VI of the Constitution itself, is to the Constitution, not to the politicians, and Oath Keepers declare that they will not obey unconstitutional orders, such as orders to disarm the American people, to conduct warrantless searches, or to detain Americans as "enemy combatants" in violation of their ancient right to jury trial. See the Oath Keepers Declaration of Orders We Will Not Obey for details. http://oathkeepers.org/oath/2009/03/03/declaration-of-orders-we-will-not-obey/

***********************************************************************************************

About Oath Keepers

Oath Keepers is a non-partisan association of current and formerly serving military, police, and first responders  who pledge to fulfill the oath all military and police take to "defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic." That oath, mandated by Article VI of the Constitution itself, is to the Constitution, not to the politicians, and Oath Keepers declare that they will not obey unconstitutional orders, such as orders to disarm the American people, to conduct warrantless searches, or to detain Americans as "enemy combatants" in violation of their ancient right to jury trial. See the Oath Keepers Declaration of Orders We Will Not Obey for details. http://oathkeepers.org/oath/2009/03/03/declaration-of-orders-we-will-not-obey/

Current Serving and Veterans, you swore an Oath...

Military Enlisted Oath

I, (NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.

Military Officers Oath

I, [name], do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.

Veterans, your Oath NEVER expires!

http://oathkeepers.org/oath/about/

Ross

Yet another reporter coming out of the wood work!
Where is Freedom of the Press?
What is Freedom of the Press?

Sharyl Attkisson: Obama Has 'Chilling Effect' on Journalism

Sunday, 13 Apr 2014 07:04 PM
By Greg Richter

Investigative reporter Sharyl Attkisson, who quit CBS News last month, says the Obama administration has had a "chilling effect" on news organizations, successfully stifling stories it doesn't want running.

Appearing Sunday on Fox News Channel's "Media Buzz," Attkisson told host Howard Kurtz she was often pressured directly or through her supervisors to not report stories that were unfavorable to the White House.

Attkisson pointed out that while it is common for any administration to attempt to quash unfavorable stories, none have ever had the success of President Barack Obama's White House.

Investigative reporter Sharyl Attkisson, who quit CBS News last month, says the Obama administration has had a "chilling effect" on news organizations, successfully stifling stories it doesn't want running.

Appearing Sunday on Fox News Channel's "Media Buzz," Attkisson told host Howard Kurtz she was often pressured directly or through her supervisors to not report stories that were unfavorable to the White House.

Attkisson pointed out that while it is common for any administration to attempt to quash unfavorable stories, none have ever had the success of President Barack Obama's White House.

"There is pressure coming to bear on journalists for just doing their job in ways that have never come to bear before," Attkisson said. "But it is particularly aggressive under the Obama administration, and I think it's a campaign that's very well organized, that's designed to have sort of a chilling effect and to some degree has been somewhat successful in getting broadcast producers who don't really want to deal with the headache of it."

(there are videos on the web page)

CIA Global Forecast: Prepare for the Worst
Home | Newsmax.TV
Tags: Barack Obama | Media Bias | cbs | reporter | sharyl attkisson | quit | obama
Sharyl Attkisson: Obama Has 'Chilling Effect' on Journalism

"There is pressure coming to bear on journalists for just doing their job in ways that have never come to bear before," Attkisson said. "But it is particularly aggressive under the Obama administration, and I think it's a campaign that's very well organized, that's designed to have sort of a chilling effect and to some degree has been somewhat successful in getting broadcast producers who don't really want to deal with the headache of it."

Story continues below videos. (there are videos on the web page)

Some of the changes are political, Attkisson said. She said she has had editors on both sides of the political spectrum who have always put their own beliefs aside in the name of good journalism. But under the Obama administration, she said there seems to be a willingness to go along with the White House's wishes.

But she places some of the blame, too, on successful intimidation tactics.

"Why put on these controversial stories that we're going to have to fight people on, when we can fill the broadcast with other perfectly decent stories that don't ruffle the same feathers?" she said.

Attkisson asked to be let out of her contract early after her investigative stories began getting less airtime. She reported on Solyndra, Benghazi, and Operation Fast and Furious, all stories of interest to conservatives, but she also had reported unflattering stories on the George W. Bush administration during her two decades at CBS.

"I didn't run into that same kind of sentiment [from the network] as I did in the Obama administration when I covered the Bush administration very aggressively," she told Kurtz.

She also defended coverage of stories such as Benghazi, which critics on the left, have said are political and therefore not worthy of investigative efforts.

"Watergate was at its heart a political scandal in every sense of the word, but it didn't mean it wasn't a legitimate issue to look at," she said. "But there's sort of this tendency now to use this strategy that says, it's political, therefore don't listen to it."

Ultimately, she said, she became uncomfortable convincing sources to go out on a limb and give her information on stories because they were important, only to have them spiked.

"It's this kind of thing you can't do to people," she said.

http://www.newsmax.com/NewsmaxTv/cbs-reporter-sharyl-attkisson-quit/2014/04/13/id/565321/?ns_mail_uid=7144240&ns_mail_job=1564290_04142014&promo_code=df2fw3k4

Ross

I have been reading about land grabs in Texas and in Montana and in between.
I wonder if this could have anything to do with that!

Save Yellowstone's Bison!

author: Sierra Club
    target: Montana Governor Steve Bullock
    signatures: 27,828
we've got 27,828 signatures, help us get to 50,000

In the past two weeks, more than 50 wild Yellowstone bison have been captured and shipped off to slaughter.

This slaughter is completely unnecessary. There are hundreds of thousands of acres of public land adjacent to Yellowstone for bison, if the Montana state government would only allow them to roam there.

Last year, state agencies released a historic proposal to give Yellowstone bison year-round access to these public lands, but no final decision has been made yet.

With Yellowstone bison being shipped to slaughter right now, it's critical that the governor hears from you today.

Please tell Governor Bullock that it's time to allow bison access to public lands in Montana.

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/916/206/183/?z00m=20874305

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk