COOLEY, Larry Cleveland - b. August 7, 1943 - d. July 28, 2001

Started by genealogynut, December 11, 2006, 01:20:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

genealogynut

Independence Reporter
Monday, July 30, 2001

MOLINE--Larry Cleveland Cooley, 57, died Saturday at the Elk Manor Nursing Home in Moline.

Services will be at 1 p.m. Tuesday at the First Baptist Church in Moline with Rev. Harold Tucker officiating. Burial will be in the Moline Cemetery, under the direction of the Zimmerman Funeral Home, Howard.

He was born on Aug. 7, 1943, at Eureka, to Carl C. and Ruth (McCorkle) Cooley.  He attended Howard High School.  On May 28, 1967, he married Martha Lee Knabe and she survives.

Mr. Cooley was employed by the Elk County Road Department until moving to Augusta in 1963 where he worked for Watkins Inc.   In 1964, the family moved to Moline where he worked for Wall's Pig Farm.

In 1967, Mr. Colley became employed by the concrete materials division of Martn-Marietta in Moline as a welder.  He retired in 1997 due to illness.   He was a resident of Howard Twilight Manor and later moved to the Elk Manor Nursing Home of Moline.

Other survivors include two sons, Tom Cooley of El Dorado and Ken Cooley of Moline; one brother, John Cooley, Augusta, and five grandchildren.

Janet Harrington

Oh, Larry Cooley.  He was always so nice to me.  When he had to go to the nursing home in Moline, he got to where he couldn't talk.  I would always talk to him when I would go in there for an EMS run or whatever.  You could always tell that Larry wanted to talk back and you could tell that Larry knew who you were.  Larry Cooley.  I hadn't thought about him in a long time.  Thanks Lois.

genealogynut

You are welcome, Janet.  Yes, I remember him, too.  If I remember right, Larry and my brother, Dale shared the same passion-------HUNTING!  And Don has some memories of Larry, too.  He and Larry were employed with the Elk County Road Dept. during the same time period.... Don's eyes used to get real big when he would tell about Larry bringing a WHOLE chicken in his lunch pail, and how Larry could eat the WHOLE thing and still be hungry!!

Janet Harrington

Larry did love hunting.  His son, Ken, is also a hunter.  Ken's wife, Trina, works at the drugstore.  Very nice lady even if I have known her since she was really, really little.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk