Elk Road Dept Manhours... where are they working?

Started by Patriot, August 30, 2012, 01:47:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilma

Then I am not just seeing things.  I used to count four men standing outside the shop door with cups in their hands, but now I count six or more.

oldfart

I DROVE RD. 8 FROM HIGHWAY 166 TO 160 CHAUTAUQUA CO. ROADS TWICE AS WIDE AS ELK CO. DROVE THEM AT A SPEED OF 50 MPH TO FAST BUT THEY WERE THAT GOOD OF SHAPE HIT ELK CO.DROPED DOWN TO ABOUT 25MPH  THAT MORNING ONE OF THE COUNTY BOYS TOLD ME BE SMART TO TAKE HIGHWAY ALL THE WAY

sixdogsmom

I have had to give up oe of the great pleasures I had, living here in Elk County. I used to really love going up and down the beautiful county roads, just enjoying this great land. The big rock has taken care of that pleasure; at least one good reason for all concerned to lose their position with the county IMHO. Start with the commission, and work downward to anyone involved.  :P :P
Edie

Varmit

sixdogsmom I really hope you aren't including the guys that actually haul and grade that rock in your accesment.

Kshillbilly, you couldn't be more right. Maybe those folks living in the "corners of the county" ought to make their voices heard a little louder.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

oldfart

Patriot I dont know where you got your numbers of miles per dist.,but youre alittle short,baybe they gave some away but dist 2 which is Howard shop ,when I was bladeing had over 600 miles are maybe more.They have  close to 1000 miles of roads to take care ofcounty wide.doing best they can,never getting at a boy keep up the good work.  SO AT ABOY!!!!

upoladeb

when are they going to learn giving the same man more money is only going to get more of the same? And working on 50 ft. of a road ain't working on the road.

Varmit

Quote from: upoladeb on September 10, 2012, 12:32:04 PM
when are they going to learn giving the same man more money is only going to get more of the same? And working on 50 ft. of a road ain't working on the road.

Ok so what do you suggest?  Just start stringing rock without any ditch work or reshaping? Because that has worked so well in the past :P

More people and better equipment would be a good start in my book.  You can't expect 3 or 4 people to be able to maintain 2, 3, or 400 miles of roads.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

upoladeb

quit wasting money driving road graders,grade the road.to start....and how many grader operators does it take to run a chainsaw or mower?

Varmit

Well, first of all it doesn't really do any good to grade a road if there is not enough material to work with.  Secondly, if the road is bone dry it doesn't really do any good to grade it, all that happens then is that you end up losing the fines in what material is on the road, all that is left then big rock.  And we all know how much everyone in the county hates that.

Futhermore, seeing as how there are only 2 mowers in the county...well that should answer that question.

As for chainsaws, I say the more the guys out there the better.  If for safety reasons if nothing else.  However, if you ask a certain commissioner we don't even need chainsaws...because we have an excavator.  According to her/him all we need to do is drive that heavy piece of equipment (which by the way would tear up the roads even more) up and down the county roads and just rip the trees out.

If you really want to see some improvement then tell the commissioners to stop trying to mircomanage the road crew, and let them do their jobs.

Bullwinkle

I think anyone who's been on the forum very long knows that is what Patriot and Ross have been suggesting for some time now.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk