Previous topic - Next topic

Warph

ANOTHER INSIGHT IN TO OUR MODERN WORLD.

Here is a view that isn't seen by most people. Truly Interesting Technology

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

W. Gray

This machine is a technological wonder of practically no hands on and seems to have to do with the relaying of existing track.

The National Park Service has a road marker in Utah commemorating the Central Pacific Railroad company laying of ten miles plus of new track in a single 12 hour day on April 28th, 1869, which is still a record.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Warph

Technology That Allows Users to See Through Walls and Melt Objects

Researchers from the University of South Australia in collaboration with Nokia started working on one of their latest inventions that would make it possible for users of cell phones to see through walls.

Their latest invention makes use of augmented reality (AR), being able to overlay graphics on top of real the video. The AR system comes in three types: X-ray Vision, Meltvision and Distortvision.

According to Dr Christian Sandor, Director of the Magic Vision Lab at UniSA, users prefer Meltvision over X-ray vision, due to a more appealing look, where structures appear to melt away. As for Distortvision, it changes the mobile video picture so that the objects that cannot be seen "bent" so the person could see them in the image.

It would be interesting to note that the researchers have also been working on an invention that would make it possible for users to see and sense virtual objects. The new technology is called Visuo-Haptic Augmented Reality and it allows an individual to manipulate a 3D object by making use of a head mounted screen and touch-based gadgets.

Dr Christian Sandor explains: "The current method for prototyping involves the development of a 3D design using a computer, which can be viewed on screen or printed out in what is a relatively static presentation."[/font][/size]
--Warph

-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Warph

A Kiss Transmission Device

Device lets you re-experience some serious tongue action

Japan is known to produce some wacky gadgets, but this definitely takes the cake. The Kiss Transmission Device, from the Kajimoto Laboratory at the University of Electro-Communications, is a machine that can transmit the feeling of a kiss over long distances. The Kiss Transmission Device (KTD) works by you putting its plastic straw around your tongue, which records your tongue movements and saves them for playback at a later time. The tongue movement recording can then be transferred to another KTD which will playback the recorded "kiss". The inventor describes its use nicely:

"For example, if you have a popular entertainer use this device and record it, that could be hugely popular if you offer it to fans. The elements of a kiss include the sense of taste, the manner of breathing, and the moistness of the tongue. If we can recreate all of those I think it will be a really powerful device."
--Warph

-- Warph

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk