Thunderstorm

Started by ddurbin, August 25, 2012, 03:59:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ddurbin

Anybody in Elk County remember what a thunderstorm is?  If not, get ready because there's one headed your way--if it holds together.  Just passed across Cowley County and the leading edge should be between Cambridge and Grenola about now.

sixdogsmom

Edie

ddurbin

A second cell just hit here---5 miles east of Ark City.  It's running south of the first one, so may not get up into Elk, but should last into CQ.  They have wind, lightning, thunder and even RAIN!!!!!

Dee Gee

It held together past Elk City Lake, we got 3/4 inch from it, but not much lightng or wind.  With the 1/4 inch we got this morning it makes a whole inch of moisture.
Learn from the mistakes of others You can't live long enough to make them all yourself

Wilma

It got here and a whole 1/10th of an inch made it into my rain gauge.  The first part has moved on, but there is still thunder just to the south and there is still something dripping from the sky.  Thank God for small blessings, but the big ones are better.

sixdogsmom

I have close to an inch of blessed rain in my rain gauge tonight. Thank God.
Edie

Diane Amberg

Hooray!  Now we have to watch and see which rain gets here first, yours or something from the hurricane. Regardless...what a relief!

Dee Gee

Had 1 1/2 inches in the when we went to bed and got up this morning with 3 inches in it, a very good start on what we need.
Learn from the mistakes of others You can't live long enough to make them all yourself

Wilma

My rain gauge finally collected 3/4ths of an inch.  Since it is positioned between the house and some big trees, I wonder about the accuracy of it's contents.

farmgal67357

Isn't the rain BEAUTIFUL? ;D I think it is!
Lisa
Lisa

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk