Century 16 Movie House, Aurora, Colorado

Started by W. Gray, July 20, 2012, 09:31:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jarhead

Quote from Diane:
In cases like this I don't think you can fight back. He could just have easily thrown a bucket of gasoline across the first few rows and tossed a fusee into it and killed even more.

He didn't have a bucket of accelerant so why shouldn't someone fight back ? This wasn't a damn training session and hypothetical situations. It was the real deal. Reports are he fired the shotgun first until it was empty, then unloaded a .40 cal pistol, then started in with the AR-15 until it jammed, at that point he left the theater. If someone, anyone , would have had a weapon why couldn't they have shot him ? He couldn't cover 360 degrees all the time . So he had on a bullet proof vest. A couple of .45 slugs would have knocked the shit out of him long enough to go up and head shoot the turkey. Also he was using armor piercing rounds, so the news says. They have little knock down power and a person can sometimes take several hits from them and just keep on coming. What would I have done if I was there ? I don't know. Maybe curl up in the fetal position and wait to be killed. I just don't know anymore, but I would like to think if I was any where close to him I would try my damndest to take him down. Reports say two sailor were killed too. I bet with their training if just one guy would rush the bad guy they would have rushed him too, unless they were already dead. I know your argument that if someone fired back at the punk they might of hit an innocent---but that is a lame argument to me . Yes, it would be tough to live with the thought you hit an innocent but if you saved a couple other people I bet they would thank you. This pacifist attitude is why these murderous sons a bitches know they can go into a crowd and murder people and walk away from it. And that, is my not so humble opinion.

larryJ

You go, buddy, you go!  I'm thinking the shock of anyone actually doing this slowed down any reaction other than protecting yourself or, as already pointed out, others. 

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Warph

Damn well said, Jar.  Too bad that someone didn't pop the SOB.  If this had happened in AZ, chances are he wouldn't be walking around today!  I wear mine just about everywhere I go.  You never know what's out there.
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Diane Amberg

Once again..Tuscon. It did happen! Lots of chances, but nobody pulled out their gun and took down the bad guy.
   Some day there may need to be armed guards outside every public event and place of large gatherings. But will it help?
   Pacifist? Me? Hardly!   I've had the blood of many a shooting, some multiples, many fatal, some not.  Some suicides, some accidental. It's not just hypothetical and training!     
  We've had flash back military holed up and had to stage until they could be secured. Not all ended well. Several were boyfriend  took out ex girl friend, one shot her parents too. Some people were armed and fought back and still got shot.  Some were taken down by the police, and we had to take care of the shooter as well as the shootee. Ended up handcuffed to the bottom cot rail and a cop sitting beside me. Sometime drugs and alcohol are involved too. One guy shot his own son at night. He was coming up on the back porch. Had one who was shot right through his apt. door as he unlocked it. A gun wouldn't have helped him.  Thank God I never got called to one that big.  Had some serious bus accidents with mass casualty but no big mass shootings.
   Do you honestly think I don't know what I'm talking about? That's sad. Ya don't have to be in the military to deal with shootings. Unfortunately even some of them come home and still keep shooting. Now that breaks my heart. We are the most armed country in the world and see what we do to each other?

W. Gray

The Century 16 movie house built in 1998 contained a total of 3,400 seats.

Revenue generation was $6.6 million per year.

The complex remains closed in its entirety and there is some speculation that because of the prime location and the money generated that it may not permanently close.

However, I will not go there again. I would hope a lot of folks would feel that way. Hopefully, if it decides to remain open, maybe a lack of patronage will force it to close.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Warph

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

jarhead

Quote from: Diane Amberg on July 24, 2012, 11:30:11 AM
Once again..Tuscon. It did happen! Lots of chances, but nobody pulled out their gun and took down the bad guy.
  Some day there may need to be armed guards outside every public event and place of large gatherings. But will it help?
  Pacifist? Me? Hardly!   I've had the blood of many a shooting, some multiples, many fatal, some not.  Some suicides, some accidental. It's not just hypothetical and training!      
 We've had flash back military holed up and had to stage until they could be secured. Not all ended well. Several were boyfriend  took out ex girl friend, one shot her parents too. Some people were armed and fought back and still got shot.  Some were taken down by the police, and we had to take care of the shooter as well as the shootee. Ended up handcuffed to the bottom cot rail and a cop sitting beside me. Sometime drugs and alcohol are involved too. One guy shot his own son at night. He was coming up on the back porch. Had one who was shot right through his apt. door as he unlocked it. A gun wouldn't have helped him.  Thank God I never got called to one that big.  Had some serious bus accidents with mass casualty but no big mass shootings.
  Do you honestly think I don't know what I'm talking about? That's sad. Ya don't have to be in the military to deal with shootings. Unfortunately even some of them come home and still keep shooting. Now that breaks my heart. We are the most armed country in the world and see what we do to each other?

WOW !! All that from being a grade school teacher several decades ago---and teaching CPR classes---and teaching the kiddies how to use a fire extinguisher--and doing fund raisers for a volunteer fire department---and still find time to campaign for BIG TIME candidates and hob knob with rich people ? I can't begin to compete with that so I'll just tuck my tail and quit posting  because the playing field is not level. I'm done--over--kaput---unless a "voice ' tells me to post again---or someone "begs" me back because I'm the most interesting man in the world. Stay thirsty my friend.

Quote from: Diane Amberg on July 24, 2012, 11:30:11 AM

Do you honestly think I don't know what I'm talking about?

Now why in the world would you ask such a question ? Aw, lighten up---I'm just twisting your tail.

Diane Amberg

I started teaching in 1966, started riding the ambulance in 1969 ,started teaching EMT etc. part time in 1974 and didn't give up my EMT credentials until 2006.  Did some firefighting too, of course.
I never taught "kiddies" to use fire extinguishers.They shouldn't be doing that. Now the guys who work on the docks and the men at the refinery at Delaware City and the school kitchen ladies, and the nursing home staff, yes. It's been a lot of years and I've had a chance to do a lot. It didn't just all happen last year. Why does that bother you? Oh, and I'm a good cook and gardener too. ;)

larryJ

Stupid nitpicking doesn't get it.  Everyone has their own agenda.

So.............the "voice" says don't stop posting.............I'm "begging."

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

jarhead

You are right Larry. This heat is getting to me. Making me want to kick some arse and I ant picky. I will go find ol Sarge today and take my frustrations out on him . :angel:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk