What Is On Your Dining Room Table?

Started by Wilma, July 05, 2012, 02:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilma

One of our regular subscribers has suggested that he and one other are the only ones to use this category and that they should be compensated for it.  To stop this sort of thing, I am offering a contribution.  So, without further todo:

What is on your dining room table?  Larry will probably say, "Dinner".  Warph will offer some long drawn out explanation that will boil down to the same thing, "Dinner".  My dining room table is different.  Maybe twice a year it is used for dining and then only for the eating part.  Not for the setting out of food and drink. 

So what is on my table?  Books!, Books!, and More Books.  Books that I have read.  Books that I have not read.  Books that I will read and books that I will not read.  Janet brings them in and says, "You will like this one".  Jean comes for a couple of days and adds her donation to the pile.  She was reading a Nora Roberts the other day.  I hope she finished it and left it.  They also go through the pile and find the new ones that I have bought.  Then it is, "Mother, have you read this?  Can I take it?"  To which I usually say no, I haven't read it, but yes, you can take it but bring it back.  And so it goes.  Or I should say the books come and the books go.

There you are, Warph and LarryJ.  Someone else has used your category.  Live with it.   

farmgal67357

Heeheeheeheeheeheehee ;D There is usually a cat on our table, but NOT when there is food there!
Lisa
who re-upholstered her footstool just the other day on her table.....
Lisa

Warph

Quote from: Wilma on July 05, 2012, 02:34:00 PM
One of our regular subscribers has suggested that he and one other are the only ones to use this category and that they should be compensated for it.  To stop this sort of thing, I am offering a contribution.  So, without further todo:

What is on your dining room table?  Larry will probably say, "Dinner".  Warph will offer some long drawn out explanation that will boil down to the same thing, "Dinner".  My dining room table is different.  Maybe twice a year it is used for dining and then only for the eating part.  Not for the setting out of food and drink.  

So what is on my table?  Books!, Books!, and More Books.  Books that I have read.  Books that I have not read.  Books that I will read and books that I will not read.  Janet brings them in and says, "You will like this one".  Jean comes for a couple of days and adds her donation to the pile.  She was reading a Nora Roberts the other day.  I hope she finished it and left it.  They also go through the pile and find the new ones that I have bought.  Then it is, "Mother, have you read this?  Can I take it?"  To which I usually say no, I haven't read it, but yes, you can take it but bring it back.  And so it goes.  Or I should say the books come and the books go.

There you are, Warph and LarryJ.  Someone else has used your category.  Live with it.  

Alright, Wilma... If Teresa okays this "Warph & LarryJ Show" contractual agreement thingy.. (which I know she will, it's a done deal) You and Lisa combined owe me $18 bucks and LarryJ $2 for infringing on our newly copywrited catergory.  No excuses.  You gotta pay up.

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Diane Amberg

Having donated to a lot of things associated with this forum in one way or another, I can assure you ya'll not not get any monetary tribute from me!
As far as my dining room table, right now it has left over seed packs, camp projects for kids, fall fire safety catalogs, fund drive paperwork, books and magazines.

Ms Bear

Today there is only a table runner on my table, that is only because I have had company and actually cooked a few meals. My son-in-law leaves tomorrow and by tomorrow night I will have part of new sewing project back on it.

larryJ

HAH, Wilma, I gotcha!  We gave our dining room table away two years ago as it only collected junk and newspapers.  We rarely ever used it.  That space is now where the computer desk sits.  Our grandchildren eat at a table in the kitchen and we sit in our living room recliners to eat while watching TV.

So there.

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Diane Amberg

I couldn't live without my dining room table. We do eat on it from time to time, but mostly it is " Project Central.'' We also eat in our comfy chairs in front of the big screen TV in the family room too. I also have a drop leaf in the living room and my kitchen table of course, for eating anything that is likely to spill or be messy....have a little TV there too.

Teresa

My dining room table speaks for itself.......
Has my heartbeats displayed on it..  :)

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk