Larryj

Started by Warph, July 05, 2012, 12:30:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warph

Larryj... are you still thinking about asking Teresa if you could change it to the "LarryJ Show" and charge $10 bucks a thread to anyone that wants to use it?  I dunno, Larry, that seems pretty brazen.  I don't think the members of this forum would go for that.
...Warph

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Judy Harder

Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

larryJ

Warph, I have given this idea a lot of serious, well, not too serious, thought.  While I applaud your efforts to rename a thread or topic just for you and I, it would be rather selfish to do so.  There are many others on this forum who do, on occasion, make a post now and then.  While many of those posts do not get the attention or views that ours do, I feel that they deserve to be recognized.  However, I can say, unabashedly, that the "Slice of Wry" topic has received (before this morning's entry) 46,564 views, making it into the "Top Ten" topics on the forum.  You have received many views on your entries also, but you are more diversified, having many different categories, i.e., Geezers, Daily Donut, Top Ten, etc.  In addition, you and I do not, unfortunately, reside in Elk County anymore. There are those who do who post many outstanding entries concerning the local genre in the Misc. thread.  As to asking for any donations to read our nonsensical, yet sometimes serious, entries, I highly doubt that the monies gained from such donations would hardly supplement our respective retirement incomes.  It might, perhaps, buy a few more beers every month, but hardly worth the effort to try and collect it.  

In reflection, however, if everyone had paid me $10 for the glorious opportunity to read just my "Slice of Wry" posts, I would now have $465,640 more than I do now.

Hmm, let me think about this a little bit. 8)

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Warph

Yeah... well I still think you are going too far with this takeover, Larryj.   Its kinda like mutiny on the U.S.S.Teresa.
...Warph
--Warph

-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

larryJ

??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Where did $2 come from?  Your plan was to charge $10 per entry.  There was no discussion on how we were going to split it.  Are you saying you are getting 80 percent and I am getting 20? 

I don't think so!

Larryj

Warph

No, no, no... You read it wrong.  I wouldn't ever think of spilting 80/20 for a hair-brained scam like you suggested,  so you don't have to worry about that.  Again, let me 'splain: I'm not for this little deal... sorry.  It doesn't seem right to charge forum members $10 bucks to use your hi-jacked catergory.  I would rethink it if I were you.  Why you would want to do this is beyond me :angel:

...Warph

--Warph

-- Warph

larryJ

That would Larryj to you...........and I hope that laxative is working because you know what happens.........if it doesn't come out, it travels up your spine to your brain and that is where crappy ideas come from............which apparently what has happened to you what with renaming the miscellaneous thread. 

However..................................

Statistics.............I have seniority having registered a good six months before you did.  While I have initiated only 59 topics, you have initiated 1423.  It is true that you have spent more time reading or posting on this forum than I have, but probably because you forgot to sign off after you and Slappy had a long night out.  In analyzing more statistics, you have made 3628 posts. Remove the 1423 topics from that and it shows that you have only responded to other people's posts 2205 times.  I, on the other hand, have 3336 posts.  Remove the 59 topics I have initiated and there are 3277 times that I have responded to other member's post.  This makes me more sociable and in tune with others on the forum rather than just putting topics on here.  Being more in tune with the other members means that I should be president and I will just put you on salary.  (Sorry no health insurance......your buddy in Washington has taken care of that.)  As you and I are both retired, there is no need for vacations.  Sick days are optional.

(Suggestion here...........You could start your own forum what with all the opinions that you have.  I'm sure there are some, or at least a few who would love to read it.)

Larryj

Wilma

Now, now, boys, this can be settled quite easily.  Make me president with Diane CEO.  This would make the two of you excess baggage and you can concentrate on initiating subjects and socializing.  I can sit back and read while Diane takes care of all the business.

5900 posts; registered since August 27, 2006.

Diane Amberg

Perhaps we can make them pay out of state usage taxes too, and a filing fee and registration fee. To us, of course.

Judy Harder

You know, I have never known so much "BULL" as you guys put out.....I may be a believer and know where I am going some day............and I am sure Saint Peter is as corn-fused as I am right now.........and looking at the clock, it is too early to go get my jug.

Thanks for the snicker and shaking the head. I do think it is time to go read a different comic book.
God bless these guys. they need all the help they can get. LOL
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk