Who is the Ware person that is running Sheriff

Started by hhjacobs, June 27, 2012, 02:09:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hhjacobs

Question Does anybody on the forum know anything about this person?

Age ( range )  young, middle or older
Background (law training)
Where he lives ( what town)
Any  past law enforcement duties

Patriot

I think you may be asking about Mr. Lear.

James Curtis Lear, Sr.
746 E Jefferson
Howard, KS  67349
(620) 374-2535
JamesCLearSr@gmail.com

He's running on the republican ticket for Elk County Sheriff.

I spoke with him briefly on Monday at the commission meeting and met his wife & father.  She is quite graceful & polite.  His dad is very personable.  Mr. Lear is articulate, clean cut & very professional in both dress & presentation.  Don't quote me, but he appears to be in his 30's or early 40's at best (what do I know, I'm an antique).  He's married with children, has military service experience & possibly private security or other law enforcement experience.  Watching his demeanor during the meeting, he was quite attentive to the goings on.  I believe he might have been a former Moline resident.

First impression:  Very positive.  I'd probably thank him for the speeding ticket.

I'm sure he would take your call and answer any detailed questions.  I know I'll be calling to inquire for more background as well.

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Mom70x7

I don't know Mr. Lear very well, but his children went to West Elk. The ones I worked with were very intelligent, had common sense (rare these days), and were well-mannered and personable. The kids were in Scholars Bowl, vocal, wrestling, and kept up with their studies.

hhjacobs

I am probaly wrong on name, that is what stuck in my head.
He may make a good pick.

Wilma

I think the Ware name is running for Treasurer.  I would like to know something about her, too.

Janet Harrington

Rachel Ware is Becky Caughron's sister. Grew up in Sedan. She is married to Adam Ware who is the oldest son of Tom and Marty Brogan Ware. She is very personable. I like her. I don't know anything about her education or anything like that. However; you don't have to have any qualifications to be the county treasurer. Just be honest and I believe that Rachel is.

Janet Harrington

As for Mr. James Lear. I do not know the gentleman. I do know his grown children and I think the world of each of them. They are good people that have been apparently raised by good people. I plan on doing some talking with Mr. Lear and I hope to learn some facts about him.

Patriot has already given you alot of information. I am tickled to hear that he is going to the county commissioner meetings as anyone who is running for a county office needs to be aware of what they could be facing if they win the election.

Janet Harrington

I am sure that our local paper will be doing some articles on these candidates. Hint, hint, Rudy. The Independence Daily Reporter usually gives us some information on the candidates, too, before election.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk