OLSON, Alice Catherine (Nelson) - b. May 12, 1913 - d. June 8, 2012

Started by patyrn, June 20, 2012, 11:52:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

patyrn

Alice Catherine (Nelson) Olson, 99, widow of LeRoy Elmo Olson, died June 8, 2012 at Manning House in Greer, South Carolina.  A native of Pauls Valley, Oklahoma, she was the daughter of the late Edwin and Lena Bernice (Collins) Nelson.  

She was a homemaker and of the Methodist faith.  She attended Memorial United Methodist Church in Greer, South Carolina and was a member of the Moline United Methodist Church in Moline, Kansas.  She was a faithful UMW and Eastern Star servant.

Survivors are three grandchildren, Alicia Dittmar (Craig) of Greer, South Carolina, Kerry Morris of Houston, Texas, and Hollis Griffin Robison of Salt Lake City, Utah; six great-grandchildren; and two great-great-grandchildren.  Mrs. Olson was precedeased by a daughter, Shirley Olson Robison, and a stillborn son; a brother, Edwin Nelson; and three sisters, Mary Ellen Stokes, Elizabeth (Betty) Henderson, and Maxine Jontra.

A memorial service will be held on July 6, 2012 in Moline, Kansas.  In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to American Cancer Society, 154 Milestone Avenue, Suite A, Greenville, South Carolina 26915 or Greer Community Ministries, P.O. Box 1373, Greer, South Carolina 29652.  Online condolences may be made at www.thewoodmortuary.com.

(published in the Prairie Star 06/20/2012)

Ole Granny

So true, Janet!  I remember going to the Nelson place down by the river as a child.  Alice Olson and my Aunt Alice (Lowry) Telford were very good friends.  They grew up in Elk Falls area, along with my Dad and siblings.  Truly a fine lady, kind and gentle.  l aways admired her beauty inside and out. Rest in peace, Alice.

My sympathy to her grandchildren, great grandchildren and great great grandchildren.
"Perhaps they are not the stars in the sky.
But rather openings where our loved ones,
Shine down to let us know they are happy."
Eskimo Legend

jpbill

Alice was a very nice lady.

They say deaths run in three's in the Hollywood community.  Well I think Moline has also joined that club with the death of three great ladies in the last month.  Orien Walker Tanner, Ann Ames, and Alice Olson were all part of our lives for so many years.  Thanks for the memories.

frawin

I, too, have many fond memories of Alice Olson.  She was a friend of my Mother's family and I always looked forward to seeing her at the Elk Falls Reunion Memorial Day.  She always looked so pretty and was so nice. 

Myrna

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk