Started by Warph, May 31, 2012, 08:45:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warph

Outgoing NYT editor: Progressivism 'bleeds through' the Times

Outgoing New York Times public editor
Arthur S. Brisbane

BY: Washington Free Beacon Staff
August 25, 2012 8:00 pm

Outgoing New York Times public editor Arthur S. Brisbane writes Saturday that progressivism "virtually bleeds through the fabric" of the paper:

"When The Times covers a national presidential campaign, I have found that the lead editors and reporters are disciplined about enforcing fairness and balance, and usually succeed in doing so. Across the paper's many departments, though, so many share a kind of political and cultural progressivism — for lack of a better term — that this worldview virtually bleeds through the fabric of The Times.

As a result, developments like the Occupy movement and gay marriage seem almost to erupt in The Times, overloved and undermanaged, more like causes than news subjects.

Stepping back, I can see that as the digital transformation proceeds, as The Times disaggregates and as an empowered staff finds new ways to express itself, a kind of Times Nation has formed around the paper's political-cultural worldview, an audience unbound by geography (as distinct from the old days of print) and one that self-selects in digital space.

It's a huge success story — it is hard to argue with the enormous size of Times Nation — but one that carries risk as well. A just-released Pew Research Center survey found that The Times's "believability rating" had dropped drastically among Republicans compared with Democrats, and was an almost-perfect mirror opposite of Fox News's rating. Can that be good?

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Warph

Protest Goon Arrested at RNC For Carrying a Machete

Posted by Jim Hoft on Sunday, August 26, 2012, 10:21 PM

Police arrested a Florida man on Sunday for carrying a machete in an event zone. The young thug resisted arrest and had to be wrestled down to the ground.
ABC reported:

At least one arrest has been made during protests near the Republican National Convention in Tampa.

Authorities say that on Sunday at about 2:15 p.m., officers spotted a man they said had a machete strapped to his leg. The Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office says deputies ordered 31-year-old Jason Wilson to stop but he kept walking.

When deputies caught up to him, police say he said told them he did not have to stop and that he was allowed to carry whatever he wanted. Weapons are prohibited in areas police have designated as "event zones."

Police say Wilson of Tallahassee resisted arrest but was subdued and taken to the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office. He faces charges of carrying a prohibited item in the event zone and resisting arrest.

--Warph

-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Warph

Why Is Obama's Fundraising So Weak?

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/morning-jay-why-obama-s-fundraising-so-weak_650444.html?page=2

6:00 AM, Aug 22, 2012 • By JAY COST

This supports the theory that Obama is suffering donor fatigue on both his left and right flanks. The "worst" donors so far are securities and investment firms, real estate outfits, and liberal interest groups.

We can get at this from another angle as well. The next chart examines Obama's top 20 donors by company in 2008 to see what they are doing in 2012: are they still among his top 20 donors, or have they dropped out of the mix? The results are intriguing.

Clearly, Obama is suffering a major problem with the big financial institutions, which gave overwhelmingly to his campaign in 2008. This time around, they are holding back; in fact, Citigroup, G.E., JP Morgan, and Morgan Stanley are all among Mitt Romney's top donors. That furthers the idea that these companies are not giving for ideological reasons, but for the purpose of access – and they have intuited that the GOP will offer them a better deal moving forward. (Incidentally, this points to tensions in a potential Romney administration, which will have to balance these groups against the decidedly Jeffersonian Tea Party.)

The bottom line: These trends are likely to continue through the next 3 months. Thus, by Election Day it is probable that Mitt Romney and the broader GOP campaign will have spent substantially more than this president during the fall leg of the campaign.
--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

Sad, Sad Story:

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/obama-calls-money-shortage-critical_650857.html

In a fundraising email to perspective donors, President Obama says, "This is critical." Obama explains that he is being outspent in states likes Iowa by Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney.

Here's the entire email:

Daniel --

When I'm out there talking to voters, we talk about what we've done, what we plan to do over the next four years, and why the other guys have dangerous plans to go back to the policies that failed America for almost a decade.

But there is another question that keeps coming up, and you need to know about it: "Why do I see so many more ads for the other guys?"

You don't need me to tell you that the Romney campaign is outraising us -- that billionaire ideologues and corporate interests are piling on tens of millions more in negative ads trashing us, and that all of it means that undecided voters in battleground states like Iowa could be seeing false, misleading, negative attacks at a rate almost twice as often as they hear from us.

Last week, when I was in Iowa, voters told me they were feeling it. The numbers back it up: Our side is getting outspent 2-to-1 on the air there.

But the folks asking me about this don't want an explanation -- they want to know what I'm going to do about it.

And the fact is that solving this problem is up to you.

Close the gap on the air by making a donation of $5 or more now.

You're getting this email because you know what the stakes are in this election. You know the facts about what we've done to prevent a deeper crisis and to start building an economy that works for the middle class.

But for someone who's not as engaged, these ads may be an important and possibly even primary source of information about the choice in this election.

So it's a bad situation if 90 percent of them are false, negative attacks on us.

I don't have as much time to campaign this time as I did in 2008, so this whole thing is riding on you making it happen.

Donate now to close the gap on the air:

https://donate.barackobama.com/72-Days

Thank you,

Barack

Excuse me... Time for my morning constitutional. 
....Warph

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

New Film "The Unvetted" Exposes Obama's Communist Cover-up.

Excerpt: A new film from America's Survival, Inc. documents what journalist Cliff Kincaid calls "one of the most extraordinary cover-ups in American history –how a presidential candidate with a covert connection to a major Communist Party operative was protected by the major liberal and conservative media." Kincaid is the president of America's Survival, Inc. (ASI) and recently held a Washington, D.C. conference on "The Vetting" of Barack Obama. The 30 minute film "The Unvetted" is available for viewing for free at the ASI YouTube channel..... 

This film explores how, four years ago, America's Survival, Inc. unmasked Barack Obama's communist mentor, Frank Marshall Davis, and released his 600-page FBI file. Davis had been under surveillance for 19 years, suspected of espionage, and on the FBI's "security index." ASI President Cliff Kincaid discusses how Davis was identified and his identity confirmed. Kincaid also examines how the media continue to ignore the story of the century. See: www.LeninandSharia.com for conference videos and reports from ASI's July 19 "Vetting Obama" conference.

Obama's Communist Connections:

http://www.usasurvival.org/obama.html
--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

Two in 'Republican women for Obama' ad exposed as Democrats

By Jeff Poor
Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/08/25/two-in-republican-women-for-obama-ad-exposed-as-democrats/#ixzz24nuhHy8q

Excerpt: Although the ad got a lot of playtime on MSNBC Friday, a recent so-called "Republican women for Obama" video advertisement has turned out to be a disingenuous campaign ploy. (I'm shocked. Only two?)

Although the ad got a lot of playtime on MSNBC Friday, a recent so-called "Republican women for Obama" video advertisement has turned out to be a disingenuous campaign ploy.

That ad, posted on the official Barack Obama campaign YouTube page on Friday, claimed to show a group of women that had previously voted Republican but later abandoned the party because they felt it went too far to the right, leaving them no alternative but to vote for President Barack Obama this November.

The problem is, so far two of these women have been shown to be Democrats who had previously supported Obama.
Watch:

First pointed out by Zeke Miller of Buzzfeed, one of the featured actors in the video, Maria Ciano had been a registered Democrat since October 2006, according to Colorado voter registration records.

John Hinderaker of Powerline took it a step further and investigated Ciano's Facebook page and found some of her Facebook "likes" fall under many left-on-center causes:

Democracy For America (off of their Facebook page}

Tar Sands Action
Amy Goodman
Barack Obama
Costoftaxcuts.com
Being Liberal
MoveOn.org
Bernie Sanders Tells You A Secret the GOP Would Rather You Didn't Know
Miss Piggy Delivers the Best Takedown of Fox News We've Seen All Month
Think Progress
The Best Quote From Barack Obama We've Seen This Week
Dow and Monsanto Join Forces to Poison America's Heartland
Climate Reality
Grist.org
The Amazing Victory Scored With Obama That More People Should Be Talking About
The Sierra Club
The Buffett Rule
Obama For America–Colorado
UniteWomen.org
Denver Young Democrats
Obamacare
Latinos For Obama
Michelle Obama
Veterans For Obama
I Love It When I Wake Up In the Morning and Obama Is President
Obama Truth Team
Democratic Party
But Hinderaker also discovered that Ciano's mother, Delia Ciano is another one of the women in the ad, who also has a history of pro-Obama support on her Facebook as well.

[/font][/size]
--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

Chris Matthews goes wild

By: John Hayward
8/27/2012 11:16 AM

MSNBC's flimsy editorial standards are a matter of legend, so it's probably pointless to point out that no reputable "news" network would continue to employ Chris Matthews after he exploded into a spittle-flecked tirade about Republican "racism" on Morning Joe. It's time to call it a career, Chris.

The set-up is that Matthews is deeply upset by Mitt Romney's birth certificate joke at a rally in Michigan on Friday. After reminiscing about the local hospital where he was born, Romney said, "No one's ever asked to see my birth certificate. They know that this is the place that we were born and raised."

The audience laughed and applauded. MSNBC went nuts, apparently making an editorial decision to treat this remark as coded racism. Political analyst Michael Eric Dyson hyperventilated that Romney's jibe was "some of the basest, most despicable bigotry we can imagine," which suggests either his imagination or self-control is painfully limited.

But Dyson is a model of Vulcan logic and restraint compared to Matthews, who seems to have been literally driven mad by Romney's comment. As Matthews' rant – and MSNBC host Toure's hideously offensive use of a racist epithet last week – demonstrate, Obama supporters are growing increasingly frantic about the growing public perception of the President as aloof, detached, and hostile to the traditional American understanding of the relationship between citizens and their government. It really bothers them that Obama's fabled "likability" is draining away, and he seems downright weird to exasperated voters, thanks to comments like "the private sector is doing fine" and "you didn't build that."

These forces boiled over behind the troubled brow of Chris Matthews during an encounter with RNC chairman Reince Priebus – an encounter that ended with Matthews snarling "You're garbage!" at Priebus.

Click here to watch:  

It is possible to criticize Romney's birth certificate crack as being in poor taste – while noting that the Obama campaign also makes fun of the birth certificate controversy, and actually encouraged fans to send in their own "birther" jokes – without descending into the fever swamps of "code words" and "racist dog whistles." This is another example of Democrats overplaying their hand, in a manner that will only alienate Americans weary of being told that Obama is above both criticism and jest because of his race.

A more modest pushback against something like Romney's joke, delivered with a dash of dry wit, would work far better for the Democrats than full-court hysteria... which only makes people roll their eyes, and adds to the perception of Obama and his devoted supporters as painfully thin-skinned. As a general rule, Americans do not like being told they aren't "allowed" to make jokes about something.[/font][/size]

As for Matthews, he's obviously emotionally and mentally incapable of covering the Presidential race any further. He's not just a biased journalist or strongly opinionated commentator – he's an obstacle for even a partisan operation like MSNBC to cover the news at all. His continued presence makes it unlikely that important guests will be willing to conduct interviews with the network. It will speak volumes about the ongoing degeneration of MSNBC, and NBC News, if Matthews is allowed to survive this on-air nervous breakdown.

Sober up, Matthews

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

"It's Alive!"

BY: CJ Ciaramella
August 28, 2012 5:00 am

Report: 174 ACORN-affiliated groups still active:

http://causeofaction.org/2012/08/22/still-active-acorn-entities-acorn-allies-and-rebranded-acorn-organizations/

Many of ACORN's affiliates, allies, and old chapters remain active under different names—and at least two have received federal dollars—despite the left-wing community-organizing group's official dissolution and ban on receiving federal funds, according to a new report.

Cause of Action, a nonprofit government watchdog group, recently identified 174 active or rebranded ACORN affiliates, as well as organizations that share former ACORN staff.

The groups shared the same physical location, leadership or staff, or tax ID number as old ACORN chapters, Cause of Action said.

At least two of the groups, Affordable Housing Centers of America (AHCOA) and Mutual Housing Association of New York (MHANY), have received federal dollars. According to MHANY, it receives funds from the Federal Home Loan Bank, the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), and Fannie Mae.

"It's a serious concern because, as we stated in our letter to the IRS, it has been engaging in political activity," Cause of Action executive director Dan Epstein told the Free Beacon. "We have concerns that these rebranded groups are using the same model that ACORN essentially trademarked: getting tax-exempt funds and using them for political purposes."

Story at:  http://freebeacon.com/its-alive/ 

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

"TRAITOR + Conspirator + Turncoat + Collaborator"

Aiding and Abetting the Enemy
By Lauri B. Regan

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/2011/07/aiding_and_abetting_the_enemy.html#ixzz24rkbJKF0

Excerpt: This past month, the Obuma administration informed Congress that it had approved the sale of 125 M1A1 Abrams Tanks to the government of Egypt.  The question of just who is running the government of Egypt was apparently insignificant to the decision-makers.  And this goes to the heart of the problem, as this administration continually makes irrational and dangerous foreign policy decisions that may not only have a dramatic affect on the Mideast and surrounding areas, but that will likely impact U.S. interests across the globe. (In my view, selling tanks to the MB is treason to civilization.  But Obuma privately probably calls them "Jew Killers.  If this doesn't clarify his attitude towards Israel for American Jews and others who support the only Democracy in the Middle East, nothing will.

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood cleric: "The day
will come when we will be masters of the world"

http://www.jihadwatch.org/2012/08/egyptian-muslim-brotherhood-cleric-the-day-will-come-when-we-will-be-masters-of-the-world.html

Excerpt: This appears to have originally aired earlier, as Raymond reported on it here at Jihad Watch on July 28. In any case, it directly contradicts the widely publicized recent study that claims that Islamic supremacists are not seeking world domination.
--Warph

-- Warph

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk