The wind farm money is officially in.... and out.

Started by Patriot, May 29, 2012, 09:03:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

readyaimduck

...or 'toe tap' depending on how one rolls!    ::)

srkruzich

Quote from: readyaimduck on June 06, 2012, 08:20:15 PM
Actually, we pay for the software which was created by another company. We have tech support for that in Topeka as well as the company and for their servers.
The Hardware, our computers if they crashis serviced by our local IT @ $75  (you need to raise your rates Steve!  :) 
And guns...I do believe you are correct.  Whoever gets the bid, gets the kiss.

ready

I could charge more, but quite frankly, why?  Shrug.  I'm not greedy.  Plus my service is unparalleled by anyone. Most of the systems i sold or serviced (after fixing the problem after another tech) haven't gone down once.  Its all about how you set it up to be self maintaining. 
75 a hour is nice price for service. :)   

and the customer saves 15 a hour. Not a bad deal at all. :)
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Vitriol

Why does the wind farm pilot( taxpayer  subsidized  funds)  come as a lump sum.  Why not half in December and half in May like everyone else's?    Why do they have to come up with the entire amount at once.  We could spend it all by January and June respectively.

Then we could break up the road budget into winter wind paid improvements and summer fix the improvements that we just did that past winter.

srkruzich

Quote from: Vitriol on June 15, 2012, 07:38:04 PM
Why does the wind farm pilot( taxpayer  subsidized  funds)  come as a lump sum.  Why not half in December and half in May like everyone else's?    Why do they have to come up with the entire amount at once.  We could spend it all by January and June respectively.

Then we could break up the road budget into winter wind paid improvements and summer fix the improvements that we just did that past winter.

even simpler yet, just budget 1/2 for winter 1/2 for summer.  PRoblem solved

Ross

Anxious or greedy which is it?

But the reason that it is yearly is because the elected officials signed a contract.

A twenty year contract I believe.

I still wouldn't count on a million a year. It depends on the yearly out put of the windfarm and if you haven't noticed the wind doesn't blow everyday, 24 hours a day and output depends on wind.

srkruzich

Heres a question. How does the county know how much energy was created?  Who has control of the "meter" to measure output?   Or are they just taking the comanies word for it

flintauqua

I have refuted this notion of Ross' several times, but he doesn't seem to get it, because it doesn't fit his agenda.  The PILOT is tied to nameplate capacity, not actual output.  Read back through the various threads in which the windfarm has been discussed and see how many times this notion of Ross' has been quashed.  Better yet, take the links that have been presented and read the PILOT agreement for yourselves.
"Gloom, despair, and agony on me
Deep, dark depression, excessive misery
If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all
Gloom, despair, and agony on me"

I thought I was an Ayn Randian until I decided it wasn't in my best self-interest.

Patriot

Why does the wind farm pilot( taxpayer  subsidized  funds)  come as a lump sum.  Why not half in December and half in May like everyone else's?

Ask Commissioner Hendricks.  She was the instrumental force in the PILOT negotiations.

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Patriot

Quote from: flintauqua on June 15, 2012, 10:20:17 PM
I have refuted this notion of Ross' several times, but he doesn't seem to get it, because it doesn't fit his agenda.  The PILOT is tied to nameplate capacity, not actual output.  Read back through the various threads in which the windfarm has been discussed and see how many times this notion of Ross' has been quashed.  Better yet, take the links that have been presented and read the PILOT agreement for yourselves.

On this item, Flintauqua is right (choke).  The payment is based on nameplate capacity, and I believe at the rate of $4500 per Megawatt hour.  Additionally, the amount paid increases 2% per year as long as the agreement is in force.  The base nameplate capacity for this project, when fully operational, is 200 MW, therefore the full first year PILOT was $900,000.  We got $850,500 because all the generators were not certified by the end of year 1 (2011).  The 2012 payment should be $918,000 ($4500 + 2%) x 200MW and is due and payable on or before December 31, 2012.

What happens if the payment is late (as is was this time)?  Very little as the negotiators made no provision for late fees or interest penalties in such cases. ???

I, as well have pointed these things out more than once in the past and seem to remember posting links to the final contract as well.

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Ross

Okay, I'm a bit hard headed. I"ll concede I may very well be wrong? Oh, and it wouldn't be the first time!

But I don't understand why some one would want to pay for something that perhaps they don't generate!

I'd prefer to wait and see what actually happens at the end of the first year.

After all the initial start up money was paid late, something no one expected, right?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk