Obuma Offers Rev. Wright $150 Grand to Keep His Mouth Shut

Started by Warph, May 17, 2012, 10:47:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warph

The New York Post reported late Saturday night that a bribe of $150,000 in 2008 was offered to Reverend Jeremiah Wright from one of President Barack Obama's "closest friends" for Wright to keep quiet, and that Obama personally met with Wright to plead with him to refrain from speaking in public. In an interview with Edward Klein, Rev. Wright elaborated:

Barack said he wanted to meet me in secret, in a secure place. And I said, "You're used to coming to my home, you've been here countless times, so what's wrong with coming to my home?" So we met in the living room of the parsonage of Trinity United Church of Christ, at South Pleasant Avenue right off 95th Street, just Barack and me. I don't know if he had a wire on him. His security was outside somewhere.

And one of the first things Barack said was, "I really wish you wouldn't do any more public speaking until after the November election." He knew I had some speaking engagements lined up, and he said, "I wish you wouldn't speak. It's gonna hurt the campaign if you do that."

The Washington Post, all too happy to cover in detail the now-discredited story about Romney's supposed bully incident, has yet to report on the Rev. Wright story.  Perhaps they're still busy re-editing their myriad Romney hit pieces.... you think?

From Hot Air:
Report: Obama friend who allegedly tried to bribe Rev. Wright is same crony who just got $5.9 million HHS contract.  (Thank you, Kathleen Sebelius.
http://hotair.com/archives/2012/05/14/report-obama-friend-who-allegedly-tried-to-bribe-rev-wright-is-same-crony-who-just-got-5-9-million-hhs-contract/

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Warph

Ed Klein Talks New Book On Obama, Jeremiah Wright, Oprah

Author Ed Klein talks about his new book about Barack Obama called "The Amateur" on FOX News' "Hannity."

Klein talks about the Obamas relationship with the Clintons and how Bill Clinton urged Hillary to run in 2012 and even had private polling done.

Klein dishes on Oprah being cut out of Obama's inner-circle and his three-hour interview with Rev. Jeremiah Wright about an Obama confidant trying to pay for his silence and a meeting he had with Obama during the 2008 campaign season.

Check Videos:
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2012/05/16/ed_klein_talks_new_book_on_obama_jeremiah_wright_oprah.html
--Warph

-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Warph

Obama's aides freak over possible Rev. Wright-themed attack ads

Top Democratic strategists have reacted quickly to stop a proposed $10 million advertising campaign that would highlight the relationship between President Barack Obama and his old Chicago pastor, Rev. Jeremiah Wright.

Plans for the potential ad campaign were revealed this morning by the New York Times.

"Stunning! Will Mitt stand up, as [Sen.] John McCain did? Or allow the purveyors of slime to operate on his behalf?" claimed a 5.42 a.m. tweet from David Axelrod, the senior strategic at Obama's campaign headquarters in Chicago.

The proposed advertising is a "hateful campaign being planned by GOP super PACs," claimed Bill Burton, who runs a Democratic "super PAC" political action committee, dubbed Priorities USA Action, that is itself designed to run negative ads against Gov. Mitt Romney.

The Wright-focused advertising campaign is being designed by campaign ad guru Fred Davis, and was commissioned by Joe Ricketts, who founded the brokerage firm TD Ameritrade, according to the May 17 article in the New York Times.

"The world is about to see Jeremiah Wright and understand his influence on Barack Obama for the first time in a big, attention-arresting way," says the proposal, according to the Times.

Burton's tweet came at 5.58 a.m. — some 16 minutes after the alert from Axelrod, who has worked in Chicago politics for decades.

Read more:
http://dailycaller.com/2012/05/17/obamas-aides-target-rev-wright-themed-attack-ads/#ixzz1v9I5ks8v
--Warph

-- Warph

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk