If I Wanted America To Fail.....

Started by redcliffsw, April 25, 2012, 06:47:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redcliffsw

Warph

Shades of Paul Harvey... A great find in this video, Red.  One of your best... I hope everyone here on the forum views it. 
Truth Be Told!
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Teresa

Excellent.. I reposted on my FB page..
Has to be good becasue very seldom do I get too serious on my FB page .. LOL

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

jarhead

Outstanding video Red----and so, so true---but you will never convince the moderate liberals

Patriot

Quote from: jarhead on April 26, 2012, 10:18:28 AM
Outstanding video Red----and so, so true---but you will never convince the moderate liberals

Or the 'moderate' independents or the 'moderate' republicans, for that matter.  It really isn't 'left or right' any more, it's more like 'right or wrong'.

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Warph

President Obuma has forgotten all about his dozens of "hard pivots to job creation" and made a much harder pivot to shoring up the youth vote, touring college campuses to promote a $6 billion extension of student loan subsidies that would be financed with... higher taxes on small businesses, the great engines of American job creation.

That's right: the Administration is actually talking about paying for this particular load of lollipops, which is an improvement, but they're talking about doing it by closing a "tax loophole" that allows shareholders of small businesses to avoid paying the Medicare payroll tax on company earnings.  Amusingly, Reuters notes this is "sometimes called the 'John Edwards' loophole after the former Democratic vice presidential nominee, who formed an S-Corporation in the 1990s when he was a ambulance-chasing trial lawyer."

Remember the lexicon of politics: good tax breaks and subsidies are "deductions" and "credits" which are "earned" by the worthy, while bad tax deductions are "loopholes."

Part of his youth outreach has involved Obuma playing up his "cool factor" by, among other things, appearing on late-night comedy shows.

Instead, Obuma finds himself facing a good deal of mockery for his desperate attempts to appear "cool," along with some worried analysis from media observers who fret about the incumbent appearing frivolous amid the wreckage of his disastrous first term.

The Republican National Committee offers "A Tale of Two Leaders":

Young Voters: After four years of a celebrity President, is your life any better?

The problem facing Obuma is that he's playing to a notoriously unreliable constituency, the youth vote, in a way that will alienate everyone else.  He's also tossing out a degree of flash and swagger that contrasts uncomfortably with his actual record, which offers little to celebrate.

Obviously, he's not going to get re-elected by admitting his failures and tearfully apologizing for them, but going too far the other way can really irk a public that generally admires confidence, but despises delusional arrogance.  A bit of relaxed good humor goes a long way for any candidate, but incumbents are always on defense, and must be careful not to appear out-of-touch.  Disconnectedness is a potent political toxin.

This is not the moment for a style-over-substance celebrity campaign to convince the cool kids that Obuma is one of them.  Not when the rest of American longs for an adult in the White House, which current emits a lot of frat party music and adolescent excuses, on the rare occasions when it isn't empty.  Very un- 8) BO!  :P[/font][/size]
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Patriot

Quote from: Warph on April 26, 2012, 11:57:50 PM

...this particular load of lollipops...

Now where have I heard that description before?  Oh yeah, I remember now.

So, government being in the selective lollipop distribution business might be contributing to the failure of America?  Who woulda thunk?

Never mind.  Carry on.  

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Teresa

Typical of the way of this President..

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk