Happy Easter!

Started by patyrn, April 08, 2012, 04:30:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

patyrn

Happy Easter to all my Forum friends!  We have had a wonderful weekend with mild weather and relaxing times.  Yesterday we went to the Oklahoma City Art Museum and saw three different galleries.  My favorite was the Dale Chiluhy glass exhibit which is spectacular.  I could sit and look into those displays for a long time........................very inspirational. and beautiful.  A special treat was his traveling exhibit of glasswork based on Native American art.  Very unique..............

Today we had a very uplifting Easter service at church followed by brunch with our friends.  A nap this afternoon was just what I needed, and now we are going to go for a walk in the neighborhood.  Hope you've all had a great weekend! 

Diane Amberg

Happy Easter to all also. The leg of lamb is ready, just needs to sit for a few minutes. The potatoes and peas are ready and the fresh strawberry shortcake is calling. Oh yum!

larryJ

My good wishes as well, belatedly.  We drove down to Newport Beach to be with our son and his family.  Our daughter and her family also drove down for a afternoon of good food, drinks, and just all-around good times.  There were a few friends there as well and we got to meet a new one, the fiancee of our friend's son.  The weather was gorgeous and the little ones enjoyed walking the half block to the beach and looking for eggs. 

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Diane Amberg

Do you have any problems there with seagulls stealing things?

larryJ

No, they tend to shy away from human contact.  However, they will land a few yards away and stare at you like you are supposed to feed them.  If you do throw some chips out on the sand, they will take off and hover about three feet off the ground over the chips and drop down and grab some and fly away. 

I did witness one incident a few ago in which some teenage boys were at the beach and were chasing the gulls.  Of course, they couldn't catch them.  And, I don't know what they would have done with one had they caught it.  Then one got the bright idea of burying one of the guys in the sand with just a little bit of his head sticking at and then piling a handful of chips on the sand above his cheast.  A gull came down and landed on his chest and he reacted and actually caught the gull...................

which in turn pecked him in the face and on his arms relentlessly until he turned it loose.

I still laugh when I remember that one.

HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Diane Amberg

That's about like ours here too, but some can be more aggressive. Ours like most any leftovers but especially french fries.They also will go after surf clams and carry them high in the air to drop them on houses and buildings to break them open to get at the meat. Some will also pick up rocks to drop on them.

Warph

He has risen!  Happy Easter, everyone.
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

jarhead

kshillbillys

Quote from: Warph on April 09, 2012, 03:42:56 PM

He has risen!  Happy Easter, everyone.

This is a beautiful picture Warph! Thank you so much for posting!
ROBERT AND JENNIFER WALKER

YOU CALL US HILLBILLYS LIKE THAT'S A BAD THING! WE ARE SO FLATTERED!

THAT'S MS. HILLBILLY TO YOU!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk