Political Cartoons of the Week

Started by Warph, February 24, 2012, 11:35:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warph

Quote from: evanstrail on March 06, 2012, 03:35:12 PM
You know what Warph, just like your demi-god Limbaugh lost a bunch of advertisers over this, you just lost any respect you had from me and several others that thought you weren't quite that anti-women's rights.

My "demi-god "Limbaugh ???"   Where did I say that ???  No.  I don't listen to him or read his silly thoughts and crap on politics.  He sits very low on the toilet bowl as far as I'm concerned.  As far as his advertisers, he could lose them all and not be hurt.  He's completely supportive by Clear Channel.... they have his back.  Doesn't really need advertisers.  The man has apoligized for what he said but the far-left doesn't want to hear about it.  Obuma doesn't want to hear about it.  

Anti-women's rights ???  Give me a break!  Do you have any idea what this is all about?  Evidently not.  This is NOT about womens rights.  This IS a political ploy brought on by the hard far-left liberals in the Obuma Adm.  Remember, he's running for re-election.  It is a shame to drag in Womens Rights on this issue.  This is dirty politics.  Does Media Matters ring a bell ???  Daily Kos ???  LATimes ???  Huffington Post ??? ... can't get more Far-left then reading those rags.  For a start, are you willing to PAY for her contraceptives ???  Are you willing to let the Catholic Church PAY for her contraceptives ???  I guess so.  Why do you feel this way ???  Are you a Far-Left Liberal ???  Are you an athesist ???  What  are you ??? ... just wondering.

What you probably don't know why I'm chastising this person is, I graduated from Georgetown U. back in the sixties and I know what the wierdo students at Georgetown Law School are... future ambulance chasers... far-left liberal government hopefuls (like Prof. Rosa Thomas) and most of all, more bi's and lesbians than you can shake a stick at.... and I'm sure it is ten times worse today.  I'll let you know what the percentages are on my next reunion.

Don't have time for a spell check... gotta go drink a beer.

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

jarhead

Maybe I'm a sick puppy Warph, but I thought it was funny. I aint calling the young lady the dreaded name Rush called her but I would call her what in the old days they called a promiscuous woman. If she spends 3 grand over 3 years for birth control that means she spends a grand per year--right ? If a condom costs one buck that means she doing "it" over two times a day. Now factor in the days she has a headache and her times of the month and ---holy moly---when does she find time to study for the bar exam ? ;D

srkruzich

Quote from: jarhead on March 06, 2012, 08:24:37 PM
Maybe I'm a sick puppy Warph, but I thought it was funny. I aint calling the young lady the dreaded name Rush called her but I would call her what in the old days they called a promiscuous woman. If she spends 3 grand over 3 years for birth control that means she spends a grand per year--right ? If a condom costs one buck that means she doing "it" over two times a day. Now factor in the days she has a headache and her times of the month and ---holy moly---when does she find time to study for the bar exam ? ;D

Sounds like someone is really getting screwed!
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

srkruzich

Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Warph

Limbaugh and Our Phony Constraception Debate

A student demands that a Catholic school give up its religion to pay for her birth-control pills..""

By CATHY CLEAVER RUSE - Wall Street Journal

Last week Sandra Fluke, a student at Georgetown University Law Center, went to Congress looking for a handout. She wants free birth-control pills, and she wants the federal government to make her Catholic school give them to her.

I'm a graduate of Georgetown Law and former chief counsel of the House Subcommittee on the Constitution. Based on her testimony, I wonder how much Ms. Fluke really knows about the university or the Constitution.

As a law student 20 years ago, I wasn't confronted by crucifixes in the classroom or, in truth, by any religious imagery anywhere. In that respect the law school has a different "feel" than the university.  (YEP... how true, how true! ...Warph)  The law school chapel was an unadorned, multipurpose room in the basement used for Mass when it wasn't used for Gilbert and Sullivan Society rehearsals and club meetings. Among the clubs while I was there, the Gay and Lesbian Alliance was particularly vigorous. (I can definitely agree with that... Warph)

I was not Catholic when I attended Georgetown Law, but I certainly knew the university was. So did Ms. Fluke. She told the Washington Post that she chose Georgetown knowing specifically that the school did not cover drugs that run contrary to Catholic teaching in its student health plans. During her law school years she was a president of "Students for Reproductive Justice" and made it her mission to get the school to give up one of the last remnants of its Catholicism. Ms. Fluke is not the "everywoman" portrayed in the media.Georgetown Law School has flung wide its doors to the secular world. It will tolerate and accommodate all manner of clubs and activities that run contrary to fundamental Catholic beliefs. But it is not inclined to pay for or provide them. And it has the right to do so—to say "this far and no further."

When congressional committee counsels plan hearings, they look for two kinds of witnesses: "experts" and "victims." The experts are typically lawyers or law professors who can explain the constitutional authority for the new law and its legal impact, and the victims illustrate why the law is needed.
At the hearing of the House Democratic Steering and Policy Committee chaired by Nancy Pelosi, Sandra Fluke testified as a victim. Having to buy your own contraception is a burden, she said. She testified that all around her at Georgetown she could see the faces of students who were suffering because of Georgetown's refusal to abandon its Catholic principles.

Exactly what does the face of a law student who must buy her own birth-control pills look like? Did I see them all around me and just not know it? Do male law students who must buy their own condoms have the same look? Perhaps Ms. Fluke should have brought photos to Congress to illustrate her point.

In her testimony, Ms. Fluke claimed that, "Without insurance coverage, contraception, as you know, can cost a woman over $3,000 during law school." That's $1,000 per year. But an employee at a Target pharmacy near the university told the Weekly Standard last week that one month's worth of generic oral contraceptives is $9 per month. "That's the price without insurance," the employee said. (It's also $9 per month at Wal-Mart.)

What about Rush Limbaugh? I won't defend his use of epithets (for which he's apologized), but I understand his larger point. At issue isn't inhalers for asthmatics or insulin for diabetics. Contraception isn't like other kinds of "health care." Yes, birth-control pills can be prescribed to address medical problems, though that's relatively rare and the Catholic Church has no quarrel with their use in this circumstance. And the university's insurance covers prescriptions in these cases.

Still, Ms. Fluke is not mollified. Why? Because at the end of the day this is not about coverage of a medical condition.

Ms. Fluke's crusade for reproductive justice is simply a demand that a Catholic institution pay for drugs that make it possible for her to have sex without getting pregnant. It's nothing grander or nobler than that. Georgetown's refusal to do so does not mean she has to have less sex, only that she has to take financial responsibility for it herself.

Should Ms. Fluke give up a cup or two of coffee at Starbucks each month to pay for her birth control, or should Georgetown give up its religion? Even a first-year law student should know where the Constitution comes down on that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ms. Ruse, senior fellow for legal studies at the Family Research Council, received her J.D. from Georgetown Law in 1989.

A version of this article appeared Mar. 6, 2012, on page A19 in some U.S. editions of The Wall Street Journal, with the headline: Limbaugh and Our Phony Contraception Debate.
--Warph

-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Warph

Obuma's telephone call to activist Sandra Fluke:

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

Yikes!!!!  Do you believe in reencarnation ???  :o :o

Margaret Sanger (From Wikipedia):

Margaret Higgins Sanger (September 14, 1879 – September 6, 1966) was an American sex educator, nurse, and birth control activist. Sanger coined the term birth control, opened the first birth control clinic in the United States, and established Planned Parenthood. Sanger's efforts contributed to the landmark U.S. Supreme Court case which legalized contraception in the United States. Sanger is a frequent target of criticism by opponents of the legalization of abortion, based primarily upon her racial views and support of eugenics, but she remains an iconic figure for the American reproductive rights movement.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Margaret_Sanger

--Warph

-- Warph

Patriot

Quote from: Warph on March 07, 2012, 03:43:54 AM
Yikes!!!!  Do you believe in reencarnation ???  :o :o

Now that's just downright freakish!
Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Warph

SOSObuma doing his "Sult" shtick:

SOSObuma hard at work on how to screw America:

SOSObuma to Bibi:... "Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedies."

SOSObuma doing his "Lucifer" shtick:
--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

"SOSObuma Leadership"

--Warph

-- Warph

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk