Did You Know....

Started by Warph, February 07, 2012, 01:53:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warph

...that once upon a time, a young lad was born without a bellybutton.
In its place was a silver screw. All the doctors told his
mother there was nothing they could do.

Like it or not, he was stuck with it.... He was totally screwed.

All the years of growing up were real tough on him,
as all who saw the screw made fun of him.
He avoided leaving his house... thus, never
made any friends.

One day, a mysterious stranger saw his belly and
told him of a monk in Tibet who could get rid of
the screw for him. He was thrilled. The next day,
he took all of his life's savings and bought a ticket to Nepal.

After several days of climbing up steep cliffs,
he came upon a giant monastery. The monk knew exactly
why he had come.

The screwy guy was told to sleep in the highest tower
of the monastery and the following day when he awoke,
the screw would have been removed. The man immediately
went to the room and fell asleep.

During the night while he slept, a purple fog floated
in an open window. In the mist floated a solid silver
screwdriver. In just moments, the screwdriver removed
the screw and disappeared out the window.

The next morning when the man awoke, he saw the silver
screw laying on the pillow next to him. Reaching down,
he felt his navel, and there was no screw there!

Jubilant, he leaped out of bed..... And his butt
fell off.

The moral to this is:

'Don't screw around with things you don't understand.
You could lose your ass.'

.....President Obuma is noted for screwing around with
things he doesn't understand - like the economy. That's why
we are all losing our asses!

(Check your navel)

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Warph

....that Obuma IS the...

First President to preside over a cut to the credit rating of the United States Government.

First President to violate the War Powers Act.

First President to orchestrate the sale of murder weapons to Mexican Drug Cartels.

First President to issue an unlawful "recess-appointment" while the U.S. Senate remained in session (against the advice of his own Justice Department).

First President to be held in contempt of court for illegally obstructing oil drilling in the Gulf of Mexico.

First President to defy a Federal Judge's court order to cease implementing the 'Health Care Reform' law.

First President to halt deportations of illegal aliens and grant them work permits, a form of stealth amnesty roughly equivalent to "The DREAM Act", which could not pass Congress.

First President to require all Americans to purchase a product from a third party.

First President to spend a trillion dollars on 'Shovel-Ready' Jobs -- and later admit there was no such thing as Shovel-Ready Jobs.

First President to sue states for requiring valid IDs to vote, even though the same administration requires valid IDs to travel by air, purchase alcohol, cash a check, etc.

First President to abrogate bankruptcy law to turn over control of companies to his union supporters.•

First President to sign into law a bill that permits the government to "hold anyone suspected of being associated with terrorism indefinitely, without any form of due process. No indictment. No judge or jury. No evidence. No trial. Just an indefinite jail sentence."

First President to bypass Congress and implement the DREAM Act through executive fiat.

First President to threaten insurance companies after they publicly spoke out on how Obamacare helped cause their rate to increases.

First President to threaten an auto company (Ford) after it publicly mocked bailouts of GM and Chrysler.

First President to "order a secret amnesty program that stopped the deportations of illegal immigrants across the U.S., including those with criminal convictions".

First President to demand a company hand over $20 billion to one of his political appointees.

First President to terminate America's ability to put a man into space.

First President to encourage racial discrimination and intimidation at polling places.

First President to have a law signed By an 'Auto-pen' without being "present."

First President to arbitrarily declare an existing law unconstitutional and refuse to enforce It.

First President to tell a major manufacturing company in which state they are allowed to locate a factory.

First President to refuse to comply with a House Oversight Committee subpoena.

First President to file lawsuits against the states he swore an oath to protect (AZ, WI, OH, IN, etc.)

First President to withdraw an existing coal permit that had been properly issued years ago.

First President to fire an inspector general of Americorps for catching one of his friends in a corruption case.

First President to propose an Executive Order demanding companies disclose their political contributions to bid on government contracts.

First President to allow Mexican police to conduct law enforcement activities on American soil.

First President to golf 90 or more times in his first three years in office.

But remember: the presidental clown will not rest until all Americans have jobs, affordable homes, green-energy vehicles, and the environment is repaired, etc.  ...what a guy!
--Warph

-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Diane Amberg

Well, geez, somebody has to be first!

Catwoman

LOLOL  ;D ::)  Well, let's hope he's also a one term POTUS.

Warph

....that there have been 40+ million abortions done in the United States since they became legal in 1973.  That is over 1.3 million a year, 4,000 a day.  There are 46 million abortions done each year worldwide, which are about 126,000 a day. 78% of abortions are obtained in developing countries while 22% occur in developed countries.

Legality of abortion - about 26 million obtain legal abortions each year, while an additional 20 million abortions are obtained in countries where it is restricted or prohibited by law.

Abortion is legal in the United States at any time throughout the entire 9 months of pregnancy... FOR ANY REASON.

Why are abortions performed?

The overwhelming majority of all abortions (95%) are done as a means of birth control.
Only 1% are performed because of rape or incest.
1% because of fetal abnormalities.
3% due to mother's health problems

Reasons Women Choose Abortion in the U.S.

25.5% - wants to postpone childbearing.
21.3% - cannot afford to have a baby.
14.1% - has a relationship problem or partner doesn't want pregnancy.
12.2% - too young - parents or others object to pregnancy.
7.9% - wants no more children.
3.3% - risk to fetal health.
2.8% - risk to maternal health.
2.1% - other.

(Source: Planned Parenthood - AGI - Alan Guttmacher Institute).

Does a Fetus Qualify as a Human Being?  Is Abortion Murder?
Scientific Facts...

• 18 days after conception the baby's heart begins to beat.
• By the beginning of the second month after conception, the unborn child, small as it is, has begun to look distinctly human.
• At six weeks brain waves can be measured – the baby's mind is working.
• At eight weeks the baby's vital organs are functioning and fingerprints have formed.
• At nine weeks, the unborn baby is able to feel pain.
(Over 700,000 abortions each year are performed after this point in the pregnancy)
• By the time the baby is eleven weeks old, he or she breathes (fluid), swallows, digests, sleeps, dreams, wakes, tastes, hears, and feels pain.
• Babies born prematurely can survive outside the womb as young as 20-25 weeks old. Yet, all that is necessary to make the baby a grown human being is already there from the moment of conception – all it needs is time to mature.

"A society that ravages its own unborn is a decadent society that is destined to fall." --Diane Morgan

Spiritual View.

"God said to the prophet Jeremiah. Before I formed you in the womb I knew you. Before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet of nations." - Jeremiah 1:5.

"The Lord hath called me from the womb: from the bowels of my mother hath he made mention of my name." - Isaiah 49:1

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made." - Psalm 139: 13-14.

"Did not he who made me in the womb make them? Did not the same one form us within our mothers?" - Job 31:15.

It goes on and on..... in closing.....

"The earth is the Lord's, and everything in it, the world and ALL who live in it." - Psalm 24:1

"Rescue those being led away to death; hold back those staggering toward slaughter. If you say 'But we knew nothing of this,' does not He who weighs the heart perceive it? Does not he who guards your life know it? Will he not repay each person according to what he has done?" - Proverbs 24:11
--Warph

-- Warph

Diane Amberg

Wouldn't it be nice of all those kids could be guaranteed a good life without severe poverty, violence, drugs, abuse or worse. I'd love to know how many kids, that were were almost aborted but the mother was talked out of it, eventually were murdered by someone. I hope it's a tiny number.

Mom70x7

Quote from: Diane Amberg on March 09, 2012, 04:17:10 PM
Wouldn't it be nice of all those kids could be guaranteed a good life without severe poverty, violence, drugs, abuse or worse. I'd love to know how many kids, that were were almost aborted but the mother was talked out of it, eventually were murdered by someone. I hope it's a tiny number.

It wasn't that the mom was talked out of it - she missed. She so didn't want him that she shot herself in the abdomen trying to abort. He was told the first 10 years of his life how unwanted he was. We got him at age 11, told him he was perfect for our family. He's now nearly 30 - and still wishes he was dead.

Diane Amberg

Aw, now that's really sad.

Warph

....that it is Daylight Savings Time:

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

Hamilton-Burr duel and the 10-dollar note

....that the guy on the US ten-dollar bill is, of course, Alexander Hamilton and he was killed in a duel by Vice President Aaron Burr.

Hamilton was a revolutionary war hero and leading architect of the new American government. He co-authored the Federalist Papers, considered one of the most important contributions to American political thought. As Washington's right-hand man and the first US Secretary of the Treasury, he formulated an economic policy that got the then-new nation on its feet.

Aaron Burr was a colonel in the Continental Army and briefly served – as Hamilton did – with Washington at Valley Forge. In the election of 1800, he was in a deadlock with Thomas Jefferson for the presidency, with 73 votes each. The election went to the House of Representatives to be decided. There Federalist votes kept the election deadlocked until the 36th ballot, when Hamilton's influence gave the presidency to Jefferson. Burr, a Republican, became vice president.

Many at the time thought that the political mudslinging of Burr by Hamilton may have cost him the election. The animosity between the two men would continue until July 1804 when Burr challenged Hamilton to a duel, and as was customary, was accepted.

The fateful day came on July 11, 1804 at Weehawken, New Jersey. Vice President Aaron Burr and former Secretary of the Treasury Alexander Hamilton faced off, and Hamilton was mortally wounded. He was dragged from the dueling area and died the next day. While the nation mourned, Burr returned to complete his term as vice president but his success in the duel proved to be to his detriment. There was some talk of murder charges being brought against him, but as the rules of the duel were followed, no indictment was carried forward. He would later go on to be charged for treason for his ill-fated attempt to establish his own empire in the South.

Aaron Burr (1756-1836) served as US Vice President from 1801-05. He disliked Hamilton, accusing him of competing for political positions and the favors of married women in New York's high society.

Alexander Hamilton (1755-1804) was mortally wounded in a duel with Aaron Burr. Hamilton disliked Burr because the orphan Burr came from a relatively privileged background while he was the unacknowledged illegitimate son of a Jamaican planter.

Bonus:

Check out: http://www.zerohedge.com/sites/default/files/images/SeanMaloneRiseFallDollarLarge.jpg

--Warph

-- Warph

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk