A question for parents...

Started by Patriot, February 03, 2012, 06:49:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patriot

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Diane Amberg

So not a classroom teacher? I stand corrected. I thought I read teacher somewhere. Now I'm really curious as to what happened.

Patriot

Kansas Statutes Annotated

21-3408: Assault. Assault is intentionally placing another person in reasonable apprehension of immediate bodily harm.

Assault is a class C person misdemeanor.

History:   L. 1969, ch. 180, § 21-3408; L. 1992, ch. 298, § 9; L. 1994, ch. 291, § 22; July 1.

21-3412: Battery. (a) Battery is:

(1)   Intentionally or recklessly causing bodily harm to another person; or
      (2)   intentionally causing physical contact with another person when done in a rude, insulting or angry manner.

(b)   Battery is a class B person misdemeanor.

History:   L. 1969, ch. 180, § 21-3412; L. 1992, ch. 298, § 11; L. 1993, ch. 291, § 27; L. 1996, ch. 211, § 4; L. 1996, ch. 258, § 13; L. 2001, ch. 177, § 6; July 1.

Statute 21-3608a: Aggravated endangering a child. (a) Aggravated endangering a child is:

(1)   Intentionally causing or permitting a child under the age of 18 years to be placed in a situation in which the child's life, body or health is injured or endangered;
      (2)   recklessly causing or permitting a child under the age of 18 years to be placed in a situation in which the child's life, body or health is injured or endangered;
      (3)   causing or permitting such child to be in an environment where a person is selling, offering for sale or having in such person's possession with intent to sell, deliver, distribute, prescribe, administer, dispense, manufacture or attempt to manufacture any methamphetamine as defined by subsection (d)(3) or (f)(1) of K.S.A. 65-4107, and amendments thereto; or
      (4)   causing or permitting such child to be in an environment where drug paraphernalia or volatile, toxic or flammable chemicals are stored for the purpose of manufacturing or attempting to manufacture any methamphetamine as defined by subsection (d)(3) or (f)(1) of K.S.A. 65-4107, and amendments thereto.

(b)   Aggravated endangering a child is a severity level 9, person felony.

(c)   As used in this section:

(1)   "Manufacture" shall have the meaning ascribed to that term in K.S.A. 2009 Supp. 21-36a01, and amendments thereto; and

(2)   "drug paraphernalia" shall have the meaning ascribed to that term in K.S.A. 2009 Supp. 21-36a01, and amendments thereto.

(d)   This section shall be part of and supplemental to the Kansas criminal code.

History:   L. 2004, ch. 125, § 4; L. 2006, ch. 211, § 3; L. 2009, ch. 32, § 25; July 1.
Page generated: 2010-02-27

Statute 21-3609: Abuse of a child. Abuse of a child is intentionally torturing, cruelly beating, shaking which results in great bodily harm or inflicting cruel and inhuman corporal punishment upon any child under the age of 18 years.

Abuse of a child is a severity level 5, person felony.

History:   L. 1969, ch. 180, § 21-3609; L. 1984, ch. 119, § 12; L. 1992, ch. 298, § 37; L. 1993, ch. 291, § 60; L. 1995, ch. 251, § 12; July 1.
Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Humpy

Not to mention that teachers,and staff are by law "mandated reporters" of child abuse. In other words if there is knowledge of a battery upon a child known to a mandated reporter, They could be held accountable for not reporting the crime to law enforcement, thus be prosecuted also.
I don't care who is involved,physically shaking a child in a rude or insolent manner is a crime. It is a misdemeanor battery.

greatguns

I stand corrected.  Let the kids do only what they want to do when they want to do it.  Then complain if they are not doing well in school and are not learning anything.  LET THE CHILDREN RULE THE WORLD, OR MAYBE THE TODDLERS SHOULD RULE THE WORLD.  Angels on your pillow.  Goodnight.

srkruzich

Theres a massive difference between discipline and battery.  The parents are the only ones who get the responsibility of meeting out corporal punishment.  I used to believe in allowing principals to meet that out until the system had gotten so bad that you can't trust anyone to do it properly.   

I don't know what the issue was but i understand it was a sporting event.  This is not a event that is important to preform by force.  I wouldn't advocate this treatment by any official school or otherwise as it is not their right nor their job to shake the shit out of someone. 

I've raised my kids, and got lucky as a parent to have all of them happy healthy and not in prison.  They are members of society that have sacrificed for their fellow americans and served in the marine corp and army.  I don't take credit i just know that God had his hand in it the whole time.  BUT i did administer corp punishment when it was warranted. Open defiance, disrespect and endangerment to their own well being was the only things i ever used corp punishment for as extreme behavior needs extreme measures to correct the behavior. 

when i was growing up if you mouthed off to a school teacher, official or whatever, dad would knock your teeth out if you did such a thing. NOT the principal or official or teacher.  DAD did it. 

God would have had to step down and rescue me if the police had of brought me home for doing something cause my ass would have been my fathers!   I was raised to say yes ma'am/sir to my elders and Never call them by their first name. IT was always mr. mrs so and so.  I raised my childrern the same way. 

Granted kids today on average do not give the same respect.  That is sad but it is not our responsibility to correct. it is their parents and once they are 18 they are supposed to be smart enough not to get defiant to someone who can clean their clocks. 

Until the children are old enough to back up their attitude, then it is only the parents that have the right to do anyting about it within reason.  The kids do have to face consequences but none of those consequences are any other person laying hteir hands on them in a forceful violent way. 

ITs not like when i was growing up and betty joe neighbor could whap your bottom for stomping on her flowerbed.  I don't care where you live.   There is other ways to handle this. Personally if I had been responsible for chllds performance, i would have removed them and sent them home.  It would have been the smart thing to do as well as the right thing to do.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Jane

I do not think teachers should be protected from being fired any more the the guy that works at the Kwik shop. But for some reason they are thought of being about the law.

Diane Amberg

Says who? Teachers here only have limited protection by tenure and that has to do mostly with internal black mail and grades.Teachers who break the law can and should be dealt with just like anyone else. Don't get sucked in by myth mongers.

Janet Harrington

I heard that there were two incidents. One at the West Elk school and one at the Elk Valley school. The "school official" at West Elk allegedly was fired from the position that was held. Why something wasn't reported to law enforcement is beyond me.

I heard that the incident at Elk Valley happened and the offender may not have been a "school official". Don't know anymore than that.

Janet Harrington

Found out the facts of the incident at Elk Valley. It was a "school official", not a teacher. That "school official" does not work there anymore. Why something isn't being reported to law enforcment is beyond me for a second time.

However; our schools are just like our county government and our sheriff's office. No one knows what is going on and it's like when something does happen, it is a big secret and the public has to pull teeth to find anything out.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk