Sweet & Spicy: DONUTS

Started by connie, January 20, 2012, 11:34:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

connie

It has come to my attention that someone is saying that we fry our Donuts in old grease, let ME just say that is NOT TRUE. We change out grease every 2 weeks with fresh grease ( donuts are fried in grease 6 times ) and have reciepts to PROVE it $40.00 x 4 = $ 160.00 on grease a month and yes if there are donuts left over the next day WE tell OUR customers that they are day old and 1/2 price but still good enough to eat. FYI: I do buy products from Daylight Donut Company but not under contract with them and we serve the BEST coffee FOLGERS. Leona is a DARN good BAKER. Donuts are made Mon, but may change because we are CLOSED on TUESDAYS, WED & Friday.are ready by 6 am., she also makes Homemade PIES let us know if you need couple dz. donuts or more ahead of time PLEASE leave on answer machine.Thank You for Your Support!!!  Connie

Judy Harder

I had a meeting in Howard at the Aging office and when we finished it was lunch time..........LOL
Yep, Nadia and I had to stop and eat. I had planned to eat some of Connie's Mexican cooking, and yes,
I found out that is only once a week, .
But, we did have the best hamburger ever...in fact it was so large that we left part of it behind.
As we were checking out I noticed the pastry shelf and checked it out..........My favorite is Bear Claws with
Apple Fritters a close second, and yes, there were Apple Fritters in there and I just finished my second one and wish
I had bought the others that were there.
Fresh as could be and I will brag that I will be back.
Not everyone can do these to my liking....last time I got a great one, Sedan in the late 80's had a pastry/cafe that I swear was so fresh that they just came out of oven.......even a day later..
Keep up the good work, Connie. I will be back!
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Warph

Mmmmmm...... Donuts          

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

connie

@ Judy, Thank You @ Warph too funny on pic. Sorry that I only get on here every now and then just too busy but here goes. We are still going to do donuts on Mondays, Wed., & Fridays with a slight change on Mondays we will only offer reg. donuts & long johns plain or filled. Wed. & Fri. will have all other donuts, if you would like to place a big order of some sort please feel free to call a couple of days ahead so that Leona knows how much needs to be made. The AVALOS FAMILY would also like to give all of our customers a Big THANK YOU for the GREAT YEAR you gave us Jan.28th was 1yr. On Feb.11th we are going to have a little Celebration for our 1st. Anniversary  5pm. - ???? free drinks, food & donuts, Jalapeno eating contest enter at your own RISK. So come give us a cheer for another great year.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk