Quote from: larryJ on January 10, 2012, 03:46:00 PM
Never mind, Warph, I found it.

Larryj

Found what???  Your bag of cool ranch doritos or your (ugh) gin & tonic?  :-\
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

larryJ

Warph, earlier I had suggested that we should ask you for the source to the information you posted.  But, in surfing I found it, so never mind.  Pretty interesting site. 

"Ugh" gin and tonics?  You are obviously either a beer guy or a whiskey guy, both of which are okay, but I have always been partial to gin and tonics.  Well, up until I quit drinking.  Sometimes when I go to my son's house, he will ask me if I want one, and sometimes I have one.  Not too often, though.  My kids laugh when they remember growing up and retrieving a beer from the fridge for good ol' Dad.  My daughter swears she knew how to mix a gin and tonic when she was growing up, but I think she is imagining things.

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Warph

Larry Bird has never eaten chicken. 

The word spelled most incorrectly in regional middle-school spelling bees is "status".

The Nixon-Kennedy debates of 1960 used a laugh track.

You're most likely to be stung by a bee in windy weather.

65% of all automobile accidents take place within five miles of an Arby's restaurant.

The term "bank teller" originated in the wake of the 1929 stock market crash, when banks began hiring low-paid workers to "tell" frantic depositors that their money was gone.

The first remote control took 8 minutes to change channels.

In the original plot of "NYPD Blue", Sipowitz was killed while stopping five losers trying to rob Mick Jagger.

Dick Cheney and George Bush own a Quizno's franchise in Houston, Texas.

Home Depot has an arrangement with American Express that if you pay with an AmEx card and the purchase comes to that day's exact American Express's closing stock price, you get the item for free.

Bonnie and Clyde had another partner named Harold who was unfortunately killed in their first holdup.

A Frisbee has been stuck on the top of Washington Monument since 1988.

If you put a compass in a blender for thirty seconds, it will point to the lost cash of D.B. Cooper. 

Scientists predict that in late 2084 the television show "Mythbusters" will run out of myths.

The videogame Donkey Kong is based on a true story.

At least two Alamo car rental locations in Texas are managed by descendants of Davy Crockett.

The last words of 47% of American men are "Hey, watch this!".

Lizzie Borden went crazy because her husband put ketchup on his liver and onions.

For $25, New York City allows you to name a pothole.

In America, motorists drive on the right side of the road. In the UK, motorists drive on the left side of the road. In Norway, they drive in the middle.

One of every two thousand babies is born fully clothed.

There are seven words in Tagalog that mean "wet". 

Edward R. Murrow's middle name was Rhonda.

Beethoven wasn't really deaf, but only pretended to be deaf when his mother-in-law was around.

The next Survivor reality TV show will take place in Central Park, New York.

The Motel 6 lodging chain got its name from the nine partners who founded the chain. Unfortunately, the original partnership paperwork was filled out upside-down.

Kim Jong Il has a star on the walk of fame in Hollywood.

Albert Einstein died on a mattress in a Serta showroom.

Century 21 actually owns all those trademark yellow blazers; when an agent leaves his/her employ, the blazer must be burned.

People who live together for extended periods end up blinking at the same time.

Dean Kamen, inventor of the Segway, can solve a Rubik's cube blindfolded.

Scientists have discovered a link between the name "Carl" and obesity.

The most frequently used word in the English language is "biscuit."

The only English words ending in the letters "mt" are dreamt and flemt.

Jeffrey Dahmer used Presto's Fry Daddy to dispose of his father's remains.

J. Edgar Hoover's last act as the director of the FBI was writing the warning that appears at the start of movies.

One-A-Day vitamins have tested a "hot-and-spicy" chewable vitamin.

The Harlem Globetrotters actually lost a game to the Washington Generals (July 5, 1989).

Two out of five Americans shower with a bathing suit on.

The first movie that had sound was a documentary on "The History of Gallaudet University".

--Warph

-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Diane Amberg

Silly but funny....and somebody out there surely believes it all.

Warph

Crate & Barrel once considered a merge with Linens & Things, forming a new chain "Linens & Barrels".

Bob Saget lives in the old set of "Full House".

Nancy Reagan can palm a basketball.

The earliest English Muffins contained nooks but no crannies.

The longest human pregnancy on record was 37 months.

Every 46 seconds, someone is scalded at Starbucks.

"Planet of the Apes" is based on a true story.

Horoscopes accurately predict future events 85% of the time.

In the early 1900s, a dozen actually was a measurement based on weight. Only in 1933 did the Department of Weights and Measures come up with an item count of twelve as a definition.

The word "apple" comes from the Latin word meaning "apple".

Due to a horse shortage, the 1936 Kentucky Derby was run with giraffes.

Because of an onion allergy, the singer Meatloaf can't eat meatloaf.

Tommy Lee Jones and Kim Jong Il were freshman roommates at Harvard.

The actual Godzilla was only 5 feet tall and was killed by Japanese soldiers within seconds.

Half and half is actually closer to 50-50.

Alan Shepard was the only astronaut to leave his wallet on the moon.

Actor James Woods actually served as the governor of Idaho for a week while researching a movie role in the late 1990s.

In San Diego, California, it is illegal to have a garage sale unless you are selling an exercise bike.

The 11th president, James K. Polk, did not speak English.

Einstein taught that space and time are the same thing. He discovered this when he kept showing up three miles late for meetings.

Only 26% of ranchers actually use ranch dressing.

Sheep ranchers counting the number of animals in their herd often doze off.

Archeologists have found evidence in the Middle East that in the Stone Age, mankind had developed a primitive Swiffer.

The original Mickey Mouse cartoon was in the Mouse language, with English subtitles.

President Richard Nixon was an avid CB radio user.

A city councilman (Carl Freeborn) from Asheville, North Carolina is attempting to legally change his name to "Arack Bobama" to perhaps ride on the coattails of another famous politician.

At any given moment, 93% of American TIVOs contain at least one episode of "Sanford & Son".

Ted Williams' last words: "I was kidding about being frozen";.

Gary Busey has won more Academy Awards than any other actor.

Other than man, the elk is the only animal that celebrates birthdays.

A cucumber is 96% water and 4% cucumber.

22% of airline pilots have a child named "Roger".

Liberace was a notorious womanizer.

If you take the sugar and flavoring out of Cool Whip, the result is molecularly very close to the plastic used in ping pong balls.

Contrary to popular belief, if you drive backwards, the odometer does not go backwards. It actually makes the odometer less accurate - up to 10% for each six miles driven backwards.

The brand name "Jelly Belly" was created in 1982 after Nancy Reagan made a much-publicized quip about her husband's 20-pound weight gain, mostly due to his penchant for jelly beans.

BMW is developing a side-view mirror in which objects may be farther away than they appear.

Double-yolk eggs, while larger than normal hen's eggs, actually have less nutritional value per ounce, but take about half as long to cook.

Pond's cold cream has an ingredient which is comprised of material which is found in pond scum.

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

The Internal Revenue Service audits 87 percent of women who claim breast implants as tax deductions.

Everyone knows that staring at a solar eclipse can blind you.  But staring at a lunar eclipse can also harm you - the eye is fooled into allowing too much infrared light into the eye, which can result in red-green color blindness.

The FBI's eleventh most wanted fugitive is Lyle Lovett.

George W. Bush is a member of the mile-high club in Air Force One.

Human tonsils are so dense that they can bounce higher than a rubber ball of similar weight and size, but only for the first 30 minutes after they've been removed.

Elvis impersonators account for much more annual tax revenue than Elvis ever did.

Larry King wears suspenders in the shower.

Police lineups always put the guilty guy in the middle.

As a rule, tall people attract fewer mosquitoes.

Comic duo Cheech and Chong were originally known as Spic and Span before changing due to pressure from Chicano organizations.

At the last supper, Jesus was automatically billed eighteen percent gratuity because his party included six or more people.

To thank the French for the Statue of Liberty, in early caricatures of "Uncle Sam", he always wore a beret (instead of the trademark stovepipe hat).

The city of Slaughter, Texas (population: 11,284), has never had a homicide occur within its boundaries.

George W. Bush has negotiated with the governor of South Dakota to get his face added to Mount Rushmore. Construction is scheduled to start in 2012.

No death-row inmate has ever asked for tofu as his last meal.

The last dinosaur roamed the earth in 1946.

A Canadian study has shown that if you choose a baby's name before it is born, the baby will most likely be female.

The father of the famous murderer "Son of Sam" actually was named Percy.

Cats really do land on their feet, except when they're in heat.

Rubbing Tabasco on one's upper lip before bedtime is an effective temporary cure for sleep apnea.

In an eighteen month period in 1973-1974, since there was renovation work on the Capitol building in St. Paul, Minnesota, state government was actually run out of an office building in River Falls, Wisconsin.

British pop singer Baby Spice is the great-great-great-great-great-great-grandniece of Archduke William Pinkley-Hogue of Staffordshire, making her 103rd in line for the throne of England.

Rosie O'Donnell was recently offered $1,000,000 to pose nude for Playboy.

The egg of a hummingbird will actually float in mid-air in foggy conditions.

In the northern hemisphere, water goes down the drain clockwise. In the southern hemisphere - counterclockwise. On the equator, water flows both ways, depending on the moon's phases.

Hall of Fame catcher Johnny Bench sleeps in the crouching position.

Osama bin Laden had seen Woody Allen's "Annie Hall" 15 times.

Studies show newborns will recognize their mother's face more readily if their mother wears glasses.

The curved shape of a hockey stick is a throwback to prehistoric use of mastodon tusks in a similar game.

Male ladybugs always have an odd number of spots, and one spot will always be white.

The record for most appearances on the cover of Time Magazine is 26 by Tom Arnold.

Evian water got its name from the first founder of the company, who remarked, "People have got to be really naive to buy bottled water". The name stuck; Evian is naive backwards.

From 1970 through 1972, the penny actually showed Abraham Lincoln with a mustache but no beard.

A Native American tribe in South Dakota collects bottle caps left by campers, using them as currency. Several banks in the area now recognize the caps as legal tender.

When you flip the 2005 Minnesota statehood quarter, heads will come up 61% of the time instead of the expected 50%
--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

I Can Fly... Watch me   

The St. Valentine's Massacre was set up by Hallmark in the hopes of selling more cards.

The Westminster Kennel Club also hosts an annual Kangaroo Show.

To combat global warming, the United States government is suggesting that when Daylight Savings time ends, Americans set the clocks, thermostats and thermometers back.

90% of the Chuck Norris jokes you see around here were written by LarryJ.  

The lead role for the movie "Gandhi" originally was offered to Burt Reynolds.

If you notify the flight attendant that it's your birthday, most airlines will let you exit the plane on the inflatable slide.

Rome wasn't built in a day, although the contractor told them it would be.

The Sonny Corleone role in the movie "The Godfather" originally was going to be played by Andy Dick.

Square bologna (to fit properly on square bread) has failed each time that Oscar Mayer has test-marketed it.

Round bread (to fit properly with round bologna) has succeeded each time it has been test-marketed, but the difficulty and expense in baking a round loaf of bread makes it unprofitable for bakeries.

More Americans choke to death on bathmats than die in auto accidents.

The "UL" designation (popular in the late 20th century, but not widely used now) was purchased by Consumer Reports in 1995.

When eaten, long vegetables (such as carrots, celery, etc.) that have been sliced lengthwise have double the vitamins absorbed by the body.

Although the publisher Scholastic Books expected more, the last Harry Potter book sold only 320 copies in the first day of sales.

Broadway's Nathan Lane actually lives on Nathan Lane in East Hampton, New York.

Electronics merchant Radio Shack may have to change its name because of a pending lawsuit from Shaquille O'Neal.

Jarheadhad electrolysis in 2005 to remove his eyebrows.  The ones you see now are tattooed on.

President George W. Bush locked himself out of the Oval Office fifteen times in his presidency.

Teresa makes her own jewelry.  

Tuesday didn't exist on calendars until 1955.

Barry Bonds uses American Sign Language to sign the words "Five Eggs" towards left field after each home run.

Atlanta Falcon star Michael Vick got involved in dogfighting because cockfighting wasn't what he thought it was.

Talk show host Tom Snyder died of a heart attack while mowing neighbors' lawns for extra cash.

According to the United States Treasury, there are four 15-dollar bills in circulation.

Because Rosie O'Donnell has fronted the money for the rock group Kiss's reunion tour next year, the tour will be known as "Rosie's Kiss".

Since the release of the movie "The Bucket List", bucket sales have quadrupled.

It is possible to stand an egg up on its end, but only at the equator, on the day of the Summer Solstice.

Rhode Island is the only state without an active volcano.

Before microwave ovens were popular, KitchenAid experimented with an oven that cooked food with compressed air.

An embarrassed Jarhead had to call AAA when he locked his keys in his car in 1926.

Most toothaches can be prevented by flossing daily for forty-five minutes.

In 1982, Kim Jong Il was a contestant on "Tic Tac Toe"

Time Magazine's 1951 Man of the Year was Moe.

LarryJ attributes his youthful looks to his diet of broccoli and Red Vines.

Since the formula changed in 1998, Silly Putty is 23% less silly.

Goldfish are neither gold nor fish.

The role of Don Corleone in the "Godfather" was offered to Diane Amberg before it was offered to Marlon Brando.

Apple is working on a solar-powered iPod.  The only drawback is that the solar panels make the unit the size of a large pizza box.

--Warph

-- Warph

Diane Amberg

More funny hooey. I think I know at least one forum member who believe them all if a certain person said they were true. ;D ;D ;D

Warph

Quote from: Diane Amberg on February 14, 2012, 11:55:14 AM
More funny hooey. I think I know at least one forum member who believe them all if a certain person said they were true. ;D ;D ;D

Ah, you're just miffed because you turned down the role of Don Corleone in the "Godfather" and instead excepted the role of Larry in the "Three Stooges."   You don't hear Jarhead & LarryJ (Moe & Curly) complaining about their roles, do you?  

(Picture below of Diane, LarryJ and Jarhead drinking and pushing the "Bug Juice")

--Warph

-- Warph

Diane Amberg

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk