Snow

Started by rosewolf, December 19, 2011, 06:49:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

larryJ

When I lived in New Mexico, I only saw snow once in 16 years.  But then that was in Artesia in the desert and it was only about an inch.  I think I still have the picture I took of the snow on the roof of the house.  Good luck getting to work.

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

greatguns

Same as no snow here today, but what a nice rain we have had. :) :)

srkruzich

I don't know that snow will be needed. see most of the ponds around that have filled up already. Some are overflowing.

Quote from: readyaimduck on December 19, 2011, 09:46:38 PM

Honey, that is sluff epedermis from not cleaning them out!   ;D

In due time we will have the snow, which will be a blessed water souce for the ponds that shrunk during the drought.
As far as digging out your driveway and getting to work....sounds like you wanted a 'snow' day...got it, and now you may have to do it again. 

Wouldn't trade where I live for the world......well maybe NE Oregon!  :-\

ready
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Wilma

That is good news.  I don't know how much rain we have had as my rain gauge is you know where.  Can anybody help me out by telling me how much rain we have had?  I know that my ditch out front was running over most of the afternoon.  The radar looks as if we might get some more rain.

srkruzich

Mine is full too. Good sign!  I know a friend of mines ponds are full as well.  I pray for a nice warm winter for all of us who have critters too.  That will help with the shortage of feed and hay.

readyaimduck

QuoteI don't know that snow will be needed. see most of the ponds around that have filled up already. Some are overflowing

Perhaps in your area, however in my area, we can still use another 2" as well as the snow for the winter wheat.  I agree, the ponds are starting to shape up.  The rains tend to come across the SE>NE Elk county line, then jump north across 400 hwy and bypass the bottom part of Greenwood County.Then it jumps back again to the N/NE and South of Wilson.  Wierd patterns this year.
I tossed 2 1/2 inches out last night.  It still rained this afternoon, so we'll see.
ready

rosewolf

Well after the snow did stop we ended up with 14 inches of snow and all roads leading out north of town still closed and they may not reopen until tomorrow evening. You never know around here. I did here that people were stranded on those roads leading out north of us and they were buried under snow and the National Guard was looking for them. The last I heard they have not found all of them yet. I hope they make it out.

srkruzich

Quote from: rosewolf on December 20, 2011, 10:33:44 PM
Well after the snow did stop we ended up with 14 inches of snow and all roads leading out north of town still closed and they may not reopen until tomorrow evening. You never know around here. I did here that people were stranded on those roads leading out north of us and they were buried under snow and the National Guard was looking for them. The last I heard they have not found all of them yet. I hope they make it out.

You know there was plenty of warning about the snow, and why is it people feel this burning desire to head out just before it hits! Sheesh. Its like they are asking to be trapped.
I don't care if its christmas, my birthday, or the pope is coming to town, if i hear a weather report that theres going to be a lot of snow like that i'm parking my butt in my house by a warm fire!

rosewolf

I would have to agree. They had been talking about that storm for almost a week and yet they felt that they still had to travel. They are talking about another storm coming in but it is not suppose to be as bad.

W. Gray

We certainly are not going anywhere today.

Depth from overnight appears to be around 8 inches with snow still falling and supposed to abate this evening.

What good weather to watch Thursday Night Football.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk