Important Question that Concerns the Safety of Elk County's Residents

Started by kshillbillys, November 22, 2011, 04:49:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kshillbillys

Why is it that some months back, Elk Konnected could use the Reverse 911 System to let people know that a soccer game had been cancelled, but the same Reverse 911 System is not being utilized to let everyone know that there has been a dangerous person running around for several days?? I knew nothing of what was going on until a couple of days ago and I had been letting my kids leave the house alone to go uptown or to go play...How safe is that? ----Jennifer
ROBERT AND JENNIFER WALKER

YOU CALL US HILLBILLYS LIKE THAT'S A BAD THING! WE ARE SO FLATTERED!

THAT'S MS. HILLBILLY TO YOU!

Janet Harrington

Jennifer, I got the text and a phone call about this. All it said was anyone knowing the whereabouts of Kansas Sunshine Campbell, (then gave a description of him), please call the sheriff's office, (then gave the sheriff's office phone number.)

I have had some people from Cessna ask me if he had been located. Of course, I don't know.

I also don't know why you didn't get that notification if you have signed up for the service because I did.

kshillbillys

I never got any notification...I usually get an email and a phone call...I didn't get either!
ROBERT AND JENNIFER WALKER

YOU CALL US HILLBILLYS LIKE THAT'S A BAD THING! WE ARE SO FLATTERED!

THAT'S MS. HILLBILLY TO YOU!

Mom70x7

I got an e-mail; Jim got a phone call.

My e-mail was sent from the Sheriff's office at 12:14 pm on 11/18/11 - it said

The Sheriff's Office is looking for Kansas Sundown Campbell born March 28, 1984. He is five foot ten inches, around one hundred and seventy pounds, blue eyes, and brown hair if anyone has information on his whereabouts or contact with him call the Sheriff's Office.

I haven't heard of him being found yet. I thought he was missing on the eastern edge of Elk County, by the way.

Diane Amberg

jarhead

What makes this person dangerous?

Rumor is he is an east coast liberal---so that makes him dangerous !!! :angel:

Janet Harrington

He has been arrested. Read Wednesday's Independence Reporter. There is supposed to be a story in the paper about it. I heard he turned himself in.

Janet Harrington

Ok. I went out and bought the Indy paper. Here is what it said.

ELK COUNTY HOMICIDE INVESTIGATED

State and local law enforcement officials are reportedly investigating a homicide that occurred late Thursday afternoon in the small community of Oak Valley in Elk County.

While law enforcement officials in charge of investigating the case have yet to return phone calls left by the Reporter. It has been learned the victim is 47-year-old Gordon Scott Smith.

A law enforcement source who asked not be identified said Elk County Sheriff's Department officials were attempting to execute a search warrant at a residence in Oak Valley when they found a deceased person.

Apparently, Elk County officials were investigating a drug case and may have been looking for items used to set up a methamphetamine laboratory.

Just prior to their arrival, a possible suspect identified as Kansas Sundown Campbell, 27, who may have resided at the home, fled with a female. Some reports say he fled on foot, while others say he left on a motorcycle. One sourse said the female has been arrested, but her identity has not been confirmed.

Montgomery County Sheriff Bobby Dierks said early this afternoon that Campbell turned himself in to local authorities at approximately 8 p.m. Tuesday ngith.

"He just walked into the office and turned himself in," Dierks said. Campbell is now in custody in the Elk County Jail in Howard and has yet to have a bond hearing set.

A spokesman in the Kansas Attorney General's Office in Topeka said they have been asked to prosecute the case. Assistant Attorney General Lee Davidson has been assigned as the lead prosecutor.

Jeff Wagaman, deputy chief of staff for Kansas Attorney General Derek Schmidt, of Independene, said the case is under investigation and as of now no charges have been filed.

The Kansas Bureau of Investigation and the Elk County Sheriff's Office are investigating the case.

W. Gray

If there were three people involved, there goes half the community.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk