If you own a home, read this!

Started by kshillbillys, November 16, 2011, 01:09:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kshillbillys

The National Association of REALTORS is all over this and working to get it repealed,  before it takes effect. 
But,  I am very pleased we aren't the only ones who know about this ploy to steal billions from unsuspecting homeowners.

Did you know that if you sell your house after 2012 you will pay a 3.8% sales tax on it?  That's $3,800 on a $100,000 home,  etc.  When did this happen?  It's in the health care bill and goes into effect in 2013.

Why 2013?  Could it be to come to light AFTER the 2012 elections?  So,  this is "change you can believe in"?  Under the new health care bill all real estate transactions will be subject to a 3.8% Sales Tax.

If you sell a $400,000 home,  there will be a $15,200 tax. 

This bill is set to screw the retiring generation who often downsize their homes.  Does this make your November and 2012 vote more important?

Oh,  you weren't aware this was in the Obamacare bill?  Guess what,  you aren't alone.

There are more than a few members of Congress that aren't aware of it either

http://www.gop.gov/blog/10/04/08/obamacare-flatlines-obamacare-taxes-home <http://www.gop.gov/blog/10/04/08/obamacare-flatlines-obamacare-taxes-home

ROBERT AND JENNIFER WALKER

YOU CALL US HILLBILLYS LIKE THAT'S A BAD THING! WE ARE SO FLATTERED!

THAT'S MS. HILLBILLY TO YOU!

flintauqua

"We've been flooded with queries about this one ever since the health care bill became law. At the last minute, Democratic lawmakers decided on a new 3.8 percent tax on the net investment income of high-income persons. But the claim that this would amount to a $15,200 tax on the sale of a typical $400,000 home is utterly false.

The truth is that only a tiny percentage of home sellers will pay the tax. First of all, only those with incomes over $200,000 a year ($250,000 for married couples filing jointly) will be subject to it. And even for those who have such high incomes, the tax still won't apply to the first $250,000 on profits from the sale of a personal residence — or to the first $500,000 in the case of a married couple selling their home."

http://factcheck.org/2010/04/a-38-percent-sales-tax-on-your-home/

"Gloom, despair, and agony on me
Deep, dark depression, excessive misery
If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all
Gloom, despair, and agony on me"

I thought I was an Ayn Randian until I decided it wasn't in my best self-interest.

Jane

Why do you think they wanted it to pass before anyone with a brain could read it. There are a lot more hidden "bite you in the butt" laws that will come in to effect if 2012 and 2013.

Diane Amberg

So read it for yourself...all of it. Most people's homes aren't that expensive and most don't make over $200,000.  For those who do...rich people's worries, who cares? ;)
Any accountant can explain it. Mine already did. Most $500,000 homes around here have dropped in value and when you factor in capital gains, it's not so much, according to the chart. Not that they are selling. The market for the huge homes is about dead right now.

srkruzich

Quote from: flintauqua on November 16, 2011, 01:43:40 PM
"We've been flooded with queries about this one ever since the health care bill became law. At the last minute, Democratic lawmakers decided on a new 3.8 percent tax on the net investment income of high-income persons. But the claim that this would amount to a $15,200 tax on the sale of a typical $400,000 home is utterly false.

The truth is that only a tiny percentage of home sellers will pay the tax. First of all, only those with incomes over $200,000 a year ($250,000 for married couples filing jointly) will be subject to it. And even for those who have such high incomes, the tax still won't apply to the first $250,000 on profits from the sale of a personal residence — or to the first $500,000 in the case of a married couple selling their home."

http://factcheck.org/2010/04/a-38-percent-sales-tax-on-your-home/

I can't believe yall actually think the government has our best interest at heart. SHeeesh.  They have done nothing but proven they will screw us without the vaseline every chance they get. From the white house down to the councilmen. 

Trust Government?  Satan will need a parka first
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

redcliffsw

Diane or Flint never appear to be opposed to Federal tax increases or new Federal taxes.

Liberty means more than Federalism - at least for Americans it ought to.

Wilma

I don't worry about things that affect people that make over $200,000 and own $500,000 homes, either.

redcliffsw

You ought to. 

Why do you want the Gov't to go after them?  So you can get their money thru the government?

Do you ever think in terms of liberty? 

It's no wonder that this country is in debt and that our freedoms are disappearing.

Patriot

Quote from: Wilma on November 16, 2011, 08:44:19 PM
I don't worry about things that affect people that make over $200,000 and own $500,000 homes, either.

Of course, why should you concern yourself....

Between each of them & each of their employers they are are forced to 'contribute' only about $26000/yr to keep your Social Security checks coming and $11600/yr to help pay for your doctor visits.  Screw em, you're entitled to it, so why worry about their finances & liberty or that of their employer.

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

flintauqua

Quote from: redcliffsw on November 16, 2011, 08:28:16 PM
Diane or Flint never appear to be opposed to Federal tax increases or new Federal taxes.

Liberty means more than Federalism - at least for Americans it ought to. 

I did not say anything to that effect in what I posted.  I merely presented factual information that corrected the massive inaccuracies in what you posted.

I believe Liberty is served best when the electorate makes well-informed decisions based on factual information, not incendiary hyperbole.
"Gloom, despair, and agony on me
Deep, dark depression, excessive misery
If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all
Gloom, despair, and agony on me"

I thought I was an Ayn Randian until I decided it wasn't in my best self-interest.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk