Misguided by Higher Education....

Started by redcliffsw, November 05, 2011, 02:39:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redcliffsw

.......the whole society has been corrupted by the same zombie virus. It has shifted the economy from one that cares if you can produce...to one that cares if your papers are in order.  A small businessman will not particularly care if you have a college degree or not. He only cares if you can do the job. But big government and the big businesses it manages are different. They use education as a qualifier. Anyone who can sit still in class for 16 years – without questioning the nonsense that passes for knowledge – is a good candidate for bureaucracy.
-Bill Bonner

http://lewrockwell.com/bonner/bonner515.html

Sarge

Quote from: redcliffsw on November 05, 2011, 02:39:31 PM
.. Anyone who can sit still in class for 16 years – without questioning the nonsense that passes for knowledge – is a good candidate for bureaucracy.
-Bill Bonner

That's the truth for sure and a damn shame too.
the older I get the more I know how little I knew when I knew it all

Ross

Redcliff and Sarge you guys are so right on this subject.
I have known Mensa people with degrees as high as Phd and they lacked common sense.
It's my opinion that if the taught a class on shooting marbles they would take that class.
Afterall Educators are now teaching classes on the Occupy Wall Street, why?
Read the news with some common sense, wake up and look around and figure it out for yourself.
That would be a real education.

The protest is rather confusing but it is happening because of frustration.

If you only listen to one side wanting clear points, I think you can figure out that group wants to shut down OWS.
Even a few of the rich support OWS because of frustration about the corruption over our legal system, our financial system, our political system.

All one has to do is open their eyes and ears. They don't need a college professor to tell the what to think, do they?

But actually having a degree does give you access to the big degree club. 

But look at all the unemployeed college degreed 20 and 30 somethings running around out there.

And if they come from an area like Elk County they have to move to the city to have hopes of getting a job.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk