RADER, Billy Chois "Bill" - b. April 20, 1927 - d. November 2, 2011

Started by frawin, November 03, 2011, 08:12:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frawin

Billy Chois "Bill" Rader, age 84, a resident of Howard, Kansas, passed away Wednesday, November 2, 2011 at the Greenwood County Hospital in Eureka, Kansas. He was born in Howard on April 20, 1927, the son of Fred Lyle and Hazel Marie (Hasty) Rader.

During World War II, Bill served in the United States Navy. On September 8, 1951 Bill was united in marriage to Katheryn "Kate" Shanks in Moline, Kansas. Bill was a farmer and rancher and he worked on the pipeline, oil drilling and also worked for Boeing Aircraft. He was a member of the Howard United Methodist Church where he served as a Trustee. Bill was also a member of the Carter Rader Post #149 American Legion, Severy Co-op, Elk County Conservation Board and Extension Council Board.

Bill is survived by his wife of 60 years, Kate Rader of Howard, Kansas; two sisters, Evelyn Passauer of Independence, Kansas and Shirley Winn of Howard, Kansas; and many nieces and nephews. He was preceded in death by his parents; two sisters Marie Scott and Gyda Rader; and two brothers, Robert L. Rader and Jackson L. "J. L." Rader.

Funeral services will be held at 10:30 a.m. Monday, November 7, 2011 at the Howard United Methodist Church with Pastor Charles Cryderman and Pastor Robin Haines officiating. Visitation will be held Sunday, November 6, 2011 from 2 to 4 p.m. at the funeral home. Family suggests contributions be made to the Carter Rader Post #149 American Legion or Howard United Methodist Church and may be left with the funeral home. Online condolences may be left for the family at www.countrysidefh.com. Arrangements are under the direction of Countryside - Zimmerman Funeral Home, 206 E. Washington,  Howard, Kansas.

frawin

Bill was a really super person and he will be missed. Our Prayers go out to Kate and the family.

Janet Harrington

I have been off line for quite a few days and am just now finding out that Bill died. He was one of the nicest men I knew. My dad really liked Bill and they knew each other from way back when. Bill, tell my dad hello when you reach heaven. I know you will be there.

Wilma

Bill and Jim, my husband, were neighbors out in the old neighborhood and being only a few months difference in their ages, joined the armed forces together.  While Jim mustered out at the end of the war, I believe Bill stayed in for awhile.  Bill married one of the finest women in Elk County a few years after Jim and I were married.  The two of them were a real asset to Union Center and Elk County.  I will forever appreciate the way they looked after my mother after Jim and I moved to Haysville.  But, then, that was the Rader way and Kate fit in perfectly.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk