GLASSCOCK, Rosa (Draper) - b. 1860 - d. July 1932

Started by genealogynut, November 23, 2006, 07:07:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

genealogynut

Howard Courant
July 7, 1932

DEATH OF FORMER HOWARD WOMAN
[/b]

Mrs. Wm. Glasscock died at St. John, Stafford county, Kansas, Thursday of last week, at the age of 72 years, after a long and painful illness with cancer.  Mrs. Glasscock, as Mrs. Rosa Draper, was a highly respected citizen of Howard for several years before she went to  western Kansas.  Briefly sketched, her life was as follows:  Born in Campbell's Town, N.Y. in 1860, daughter of a Civil War soldier, came to Iowa after the close of the Civil War, married to Geo. Draper in Nebraska in 1878, was the mother of five daughters and one son; husband died in 1913, in Howard, Kansas; in 1917 was married to William Glasscock - of St. John, Kansas, where the husband died in 1929, since which time she lived alone.  She is survived by her one son, and two daughters, one of whom is Mrs. O.S. Barnaby of this county:  also 23 grandchildren and 15 great grandchildren.  The funeral was held at St. John last Friday.  Mr. and Mrs. O.S. Barnaby of Longton went out to attend the funeral.  Many Howard and Elk County people will remember Mrs. Draper.

Ms Bear

Lois, this is my greatgrandmother.  We have been told that George Draper is buried in McDonald, Kansas but this says he was buried in Howard, Kansas.

Very interesting.

genealogynut

This was it!  I knew I had seen something pertaining to the name of Draper!  After putting so many of these newspaper items on, a person does become somewhat cross-eyed after awhile. ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk