Kitchen-Klatter

Started by elkgrandkid, November 22, 2006, 09:34:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elkgrandkid

PLEASE tell me somebody here remembers Kitchen-Klatter.

The women relatives listening intently to the radio.....running for a scrap of paper to scribble a recipe........the men relatives teasing the women...............it's a very "warm fuzzy" memory.

Janet Harrington

So sorry, but I don't.  Maybe my mother will when she reads this.

Wilma

No, I don't remember it.  Sounds like a good idea.  About when was this?

elkgrandkid

Kitchen-Klatter was a radio show, think it was from a family in Iowa, maybe?  It was mostly for women and homekeeping.  There were homekeeping tips, recipes, humor among the family members as they were gabbing on the air.....they had a line of flavorings, Grandma Anna used the flavorings, they came in little bottles...Black Walnut, Cherry, Coconut, Butter.......just a few I remember, and of course they had the Big bottle of Vanilla.

I don't know what radio station they listened to, maybe Coffeyville?  There was a paper magazine that the women subscribed to also.

Anyway,  I think it was a highlight in Grandma's day, listening to the program.

It would have probably been in the 60's and some of the 70's, not sure how long they kept the show going.....they may have been in the 80's too(??) 

Mom70x7

When I was a little girl, I lived in Iowa, north of Shenandoah.

Here's the Kitchen Klatter lady:

http://desmoinesregister.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/99999999/FAMOUSIOWANS/50902011

elkgrandkid

That's it!!

Thank you!!!!!!!!!

Like I said....."warm fuzzy" memories of Grandma scrambling for a scrap of paper to scribble down a recipe.

And those bottles of flavorings. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk