West Elk Audit and Survey

Started by Ross, October 25, 2011, 08:15:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diane Amberg

Patriot

Quote from: Diane Amberg on November 03, 2011, 12:18:06 PM
Huh? ???

Didn't figure you would get it.  It's a local thing.  Nevermind.

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

mtcookson

Quote from: Diane Amberg on November 03, 2011, 11:56:39 AMAnd it's "i before except after c."

science
weird
beige
conscience
deity
eight
foreign
forfeit
freight
heifer
height
heinous
heir
heist
seismic
seize
neighbor
neither
omniscient
weight
vein
veil
sovereign
society

- plus many more

Sorry... I had to. :laugh:

Wilma

I didn't get it either, Diane.

Wouldn't a regular neeting that starts early be a special meeting?  I am not really up on the ways and means of meetings, but it seems to me regular meetings always start at the same stated time on the same stated day of the month, or whatever.  Anything other than that would be a special meeting.  But then, I don't know if a special meeting can be treated differently than a stated meeting.  I do seem to recall that a special meeting needs to have a specific purpose and the meeting can't be used for anything other than that purpose.  If the stated meeting has been called to meet earlier than usual, then that part of it should be a special meeting with the stated meeting following.  Now try to sort that one out.

Ross

Quote from: Diane Amberg on November 03, 2011, 11:56:39 AM
What does any of this have to do with a West Elk survey being done by some college person writing a paper for school...or so it seems?  And it's "i before except after c." 
I do believeit's more than just a a college person writting a paper for school other wise why the meetings.
And look at what I just found on West Elk's web site.

Monday, Nov. 14

5:30-6:15 pm

Parent Meeting for

Efficiency Audit

School business is not just parent business, it is taxpayers business.
School Board business is taxpayers business.
I believe there are Some students who don't even live in the district, do their parents have more rights than taxpayers?
Why isn't the information made public in the newspaper?

Quote from: Diane Amberg on November 03, 2011, 11:56:39 AM
    A commercial for a different thread? Who said West Elk is just an average school? Where is that written?
I agree that more education money should filter down to the classroom..... especially in grammar and spelling! As it is the kids could learn their basics on computer and never even need a teacher, but then who would they blame when they don't know how to spell or are too shiftless to bother? :P

That's unique isn't it? Inviting others to a different thread to get involved.

Our school has not reached Blue Ribbon Status for all the money it spends, we are not on the list. so we must be average.

Five Kansas Schools Recognized as 2011 National Blue Ribbon Schools
The National Blue Ribbon Schools Program honors public and private elementary, middle and high schools that are either academically superior or that demonstrate dramatic gains in student achievement to high levels. The schools are selected based on one of two criteria:  High performing schools and Improving schools.

Or are you saying we are below average.
I don't believe we are below average and I know we are not Blue Ribbon even under Improving Schools. Therefore, I hope we are average.

As far as spelling there is always spell check, which I sometimes forget to use. LOL I'm human and screw up and hit the wrong key on the keyboard. But I agree with you there needs to be as much emphasis on reading, writing and arithmatic as there is on technology, actually more. The kids probably know more about computers then their teachers. And grade school and high school are not trade school. Did you know you can put up a web site and design it all in ten minutes on the internet, and add to it on a daily basis. Why then is it necessary to learn to design one in high school? So, I agree with you on the education part.

Ross

Quote from: Patriot on November 03, 2011, 12:16:49 PM
Or perhaps a continuing public service announcement about systemic cancers?
ROFLMAO

Patriot

Quote from: Wilma on November 03, 2011, 01:03:19 PM
...I am not really up on the ways and means of meetings...

Yet if you would avail yourself of readily available information on the KS Attorney General website, you could alleviate your ignorance on such matters. Among other interesting facts, you would find that there is NO 'notice requirement' for boards & commissions subject to the KOMA.  There's not even an agenda or minutes requirement, other than minutes recording executive session motions.  Also, executive sessions can only be called during an open public meeting.

But then, ignorance is bliss.  Or so I'm told.

Ross

Quote from: Wilma on November 03, 2011, 01:03:19 PM
I didn't get it either, Diane.

Wouldn't a regular neeting that starts early be a special meeting? 

If the School Board is there it is still a School Board meeting and open to the taxpaying public.
Simple.

Patriot

Quote from: Ross on November 03, 2011, 01:13:18 PM
If the School Board is there it is still a School Board meeting and open to the taxpaying public.
Simple.

And if two or more members discuss ANY board matters in private (on the phone, via email, telegraph or telephone or even through a go between 3rd party), under any circumstances other than a proper executive session, it's a violation of state law.  Also simple.

Patriot

Speaking of the Kansas Open Meetings Act (KOMA)... Did you know that such matters are so critical that Kansas law requires a court to give priority treatment to any KOMA case/complaint filed.  Did you know that any citizen can bring such a civil action and the AG and County Attorney's may bring criminal complaints on the complaint of any citizen?  This meetings thing must be some important stuff.  Wonder if our elected officials take it seriously enough.  They should, don't you think?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk