West Elk Audit and Survey

Started by Ross, October 25, 2011, 08:15:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilma

If you all will go back to replies nos. 5 and 6, you will find the reason that this survey was not made a general public survey.  The entity (which is NOT West Elk) wanting the survey does not want comment from uninformed citizens who tend to spout opinions instead of informed facts.  And you have to admit that most of what we get on this forum is opinion.

srkruzich

Quote from: Wilma on October 28, 2011, 07:43:31 AM
If you all will go back to replies nos. 5 and 6, you will find the reason that this survey was not made a general public survey.  The entity (which is NOT West Elk) wanting the survey does not want comment from uninformed citizens who tend to spout opinions instead of informed facts.  And you have to admit that most of what we get on this forum is opinion.
Fortunately they do not have that right according to the Law. :)  Since every dime the school uses is someone elses money i.e. taxpayer dime.  :)   
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Wilma

Do you mean that the school district does not have the right to carry out a survey that has been requested by another public entity, according to that entity's specifications?

Really, would you want the opinions from a town full of non-farmers about how you should farm?  How about a town full of non-farmers telling you to get rid of your goats and stop trying to raise honey bees?  Would those opinions be of any use to you?

farmgal67357

Someone, or a group of someones, at a university are doing a study and our school district volunteered to help them by having people fill out a survey about how the district works for them. That's what I was told by my husband. I'm sure when all the data has been collected and studied, there will be some paper written and a grade given. That's it. Although I'm, sure West Elk will be interested in the results.
Lisa
Lisa

Janet Harrington

Well, there were some questions on that survey that I couldn't answer or give a score on, but if this survey is being conducted for the purpose of writing a paper and the survey is not made available to the entire West Elk School district, then the survey will be a corrupt survey. If only having a select group answer the survey and that select group are those that would give favorable scores, then it is not a true finding of what is really going on.

But, you know what, I always hated that part of my studies in college because I have always had the opinion that polls and surveys are corrupt and do not represent what is the truth.

Ross

Quote from: Wilma on October 28, 2011, 07:43:31 AM
Surveys like this are not facts they ar opinions. Facts need to be documented in some way.
The answers to the questions are simply opinions.

However, perhaps the remarks could be considered facts if they could be proven.

Wilma

Then is everything you say on this forum opinion since you haven't proven any of it?

frawin

Quote from: Wilma on October 28, 2011, 04:26:40 PM
Then is everything you say on this forum opinion since you haven't proven any of it?
Wilma, that is an absolutely great response.

Ross

Quote from: Wilma on October 28, 2011, 04:26:40 PM

Yes, it is my opinion as I have stated in the posts, unless it's a question?
Questions are different from opinion.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk