Breast Cancer Awareness

Started by sixdogsmom, October 21, 2011, 11:18:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixdogsmom

October is breast cancer awareness month, reminding everyone to do monthly breast exams and for women to get their mamograms. Men are not immune to breast cancer and need to examine their breasts regularly. Women need a yearly mamogram after age forty. I had my mamogram this month, have you had yours?  :-*
Edie

Diane Amberg

Yes, back in August. I visit Julius Squeezer faithfully every summer.

sixdogsmom

I once asked my doctor why it is that we have those painful mamograms and if they find something they do a sonogram. Why not do a sonogram instead of a mamogram? The cost has been evened out I think, and the risks are minimal, and it is certainly more comfortable. Is it just utilization of that expensive equipment? or are there diagnostic reasons? He said he did not know the answer. Anyone?  ???
Edie

Judy Harder

I get mine every fall, and yes I have had mine this year........and I don't find it painful at all.
I also click on the Breast Cancer site each day to help support the poor who can't afford a
mammogram............I get an e-mail each day reminding me to click it.....that way I know I will
remember.

You will need to ask a doctor or medic why..........one time it was the insurance, but not sure
now. Keep getting them............A friend of mine found out she had a lump when the visiting
Mammobile stopped at Elk Valley.......had no symptons and it did save her life..........It is your
life or someone you love so get IT!!!!
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

farmgal67357

Quote from: Diane Amberg on October 21, 2011, 11:53:52 AM
Yes, back in August. I visit Julius Squeezer faithfully every summer.

Julius Squeezer!!heeheeheehee ;D
Lisa
Lisa

Ms Bear

I got mine in June and have a magnet on the refrigerator with a reminder that it is due in June 2012.  I think they call me in May each year to remind me that I need to schedule an appointment in June.  I always have it at the same place so they can compare it with the one from the year before.

I urge everyone to get theirs, I lost my only sister to breast cancer and now I have a step-daughter that is in stage four after it has returned.

I also am involved in Sister Study.

sixdogsmom

Ms. Bear, thank you for your testimony. Although breast cancer is not present in my family, I still think it is important to get the exam. I might gripe and grump about being uncomfortable, but there is just no doubt that this test saves the lives of many women every year. Urge everyone you know men and women to be aware of this awful disease. There are many advances every year not only with diagnostics but treatments as well. Thanks again!  :-* :-*
Edie

Diane Amberg

My mom had it, Al's mom died from it. My SIL was caught early and is a survivor. Hers was caught by a mammogram which showed tiny little calcifications that they said a general sonogram would not have caught. They did a sonogram after, when they knew right where to look to pin down the details. I have three girlfriends who are survivors, another who died.  Nasty business.

kshillbillys

Well, my mother had breast cancer 14 years ago. My grandmother had breast cancer several years ago. My cousin died from breast cancer 18 years ago. I've had 2 mammos with ultrasounds so far this year and am due to go back soon for another recheck because I have a spot in one of mine that they aren't sure what it is. Mammos might be uncomfortable, but they do save lives! My sister and I are also talking about getting the BRCA test.---Jennifer
ROBERT AND JENNIFER WALKER

YOU CALL US HILLBILLYS LIKE THAT'S A BAD THING! WE ARE SO FLATTERED!

THAT'S MS. HILLBILLY TO YOU!

sixdogsmom

How many lives affected in just this small group of women. I this even persuades one woman to get that exam, then it will be worth it. Anybody else? How about the guys?
Edie

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk