Upcoming Surgery

Started by patyrn, October 14, 2011, 04:02:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diane Amberg

Hooray! Thanks for the good news! Looking forward to hearing from her when she is able. Prayers continue for all affected with special prayers of thanks for her surgical team!

Judy Harder

Praise the Lord, the news is great and He will keep you and your family and your doctors in His
care.......Just keep holding on to Him and trust that you will soon be home and the best advice
I can give is Follow the doctors orders. Don't just sit down and hope all will be back to normal.....you
will need to do each step of the recovery...........and knowing your stamina, You will be better than
normal....LOl what is that........sooner than later.
God bless you
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Janet Harrington

It's good to hear that Karen got through the surgery. Praise the Lord.

debid

My thoughts and prayers continue.  (hug)

patyrn

Hello again! This is Amanda with an update...
Karen will be going home today! Before we know it, she will be feeling better than ever!
Thank you all for the continued prayers and support!

Janet Harrington

Yeah. Glad to hear it and thanks for keeping us updated.

Diane Amberg

patyrn

Hello all - I am home and so thankful for all that has gone on this past week.  It has been a grueling week, but with the love and support of my family, friends, and the medical world, things are going to get better each day.  We have found out I was in serious need of this aortic valve surgery - the surgeon said in twenty years he has seen only two more in worse shape than mine, and those two belonged to people in their 80s with multiple health problems.  He predicted this one would have lasted only two or three more months before totally shutting down.  The early calcification is a result of the overwork of the valve from birth (totally undetected previously) which contained two leaflets (flappers) as opposed to the three leaflets needed in a normal heart.  I now am the proud recipient of a cow valve which hopefully will take me into the next 20 or 30 years of my life. 

I'll have an 8-12 week recovery period starting very slowly, but with my otherwise healthy body and heart system, there should be a complete recovery.  God is good - he watched over me and my family with no diastrous results.  Thanks to my Forum friends for good thoughts and prayers to carry me through! 

Diane Amberg

Hello! It's so good to hear from you.Thanks for all the good news!

Ms Bear

So good to hear everything is okay and glad you are back home.  I am sure you will recuperate much faster at home.  Just remember to take it easy and don't over do.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk