Upcoming Surgery

Started by patyrn, October 14, 2011, 04:02:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

patyrn

I have been diagnosed this week with a heart problem called Stenosis of the Aortic Valve.  It is rather serious as the aortic valve is rigid, calcified, and leaking and will require open-heart surgery to replace the valve. A heart catherization is scheduled for Wednesday, October 19, and if all looks good with the artery health, surgery will follow either that day or within the next couple of days.  This will all be done at the Oklahoma Heart Hospital in Oklahoma City which has a great reputation of having competent surgeons working on cases like mine on a regular basis.  It is also less than ten miles from our home, which makes it very convenient for my family. 

Please keep my family in your prayers, especially on Wednesday, as we face new experiences with the medical world.  This is a whole new ballgame for us that we never expected to have to deal with, but I have faith that God is in control and everything will go like clockwork. 

I've asked Marcia Moore to keep up with the Obits starting on Wednesday as she has done so well in the past, along with any other contributors who become aware of things that need to be posted.  I'll look forward to getting back on the Forum after this ordeal is completed and recovery is on its way. 

Karen I.

Diane Amberg

You should do very well. It's getting to be a fairly common procedure so be very optimistic. Perhaps Jo can tell you more. In the meantime, prayers for all and big hugs for you.

Wilma

Karen, you just hang in there and remember that you are not the first or only one that has had to go through this.  We are pulling for you and our thoughts and prayers will be beside you and your family all the way.

Ms Bear

Isn't it wonderful that we have the technology to do this type of surgery, and that it can be done so close to your home.  I hope you have a fast recovery and be able to feel so much better afterwards.

One of my uncles that was born in Howard in 1907 had open heart surgery when I was very small.  His was the third open heart  surgery to be done at the Medical School in Washington and since they were still expermenting he didn't have to pay for it.  He did very well and didn't have to have any more  surgery until I was in high school.  I wish I knew more about the surgery he had then.

Will have you in my prayers.

flo

Karen, you will be in my prayers and praying for God's guidance with your doctors and for your complete and fast recovery.  I am learning so many new things in the medical field.  I've been diagnoised with Spinal Stenosis and didn't realize that Stenosis was a term for a lot of things.  So far I am under control (to a degree) with pain pills and muscle relaxers.  Just not ready for any cutting on my back. :o(  Good wishes and prayers to you.  Flo
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Jo McDonald

Karen, may your angles be with you. 
In November 2008 Fred had his aortic heart valve replaced... and,yes, it is a very serious procedure.
His recovery from that was awesome...Good surgeons, competent medical staff and God's healing
powers will get you through this. 
The "following orders" will be your task to recovery.

You  are in my prayers.
Blessing to you,
Jo
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

frawin

Karen, we were sorry to learn that you were undergoing heat surgery.  I'm sure you are in a good facility and competent doctors and nurses will be taking care of you.  Please be sure to follow instructions after going home and/or rehab.  We will keep you in our prayers.

Myrna

Janet Harrington

Lots of prayers coming your way.

Catwoman

You will be in my prayers and on my heart...Hang in there.

greatguns

Prayers and good thoughts coming your way.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk