WOO HOO ITS RAINING! ITS RAINING!

Started by srkruzich, October 08, 2011, 06:17:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

srkruzich

WOW i love it, its just a slow steady thick rain dropping on us. Its wonderful. I went out and stood in it for a min or so.  I love it!  ACK my roof is leaking :(  Gotta get a pot!
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Diane Amberg

srkruzich

Quote from: Diane Amberg on October 08, 2011, 06:19:13 PM
Great! uh,on the rain, not the leak. ;)
Ugggh it stopped! :|  we need more!  All day all night for a week!

Diane Amberg

No you don't.We had that and it's too much. We have more coming @Thurs. I'd love to send you some.

Dee Gee

Learn from the mistakes of others You can't live long enough to make them all yourself

srkruzich

Yes diane we do need a week of rain.  There are 8" cracks in the ground.  We need at least that much water to fall. 

Judy Harder

Diane we need the rain for a week. Creeks and ponds are critical for winter. Soon, if they aren't doing it now, farmers and ranchers are going to need to buy and transport water........gets expensive.
I checked out Hitchin creek north of Longton last week.....I had never seen it that dry before. Not a bit of running water. Still pools of water, that were drying up as I watched. I know the stockmen are worried. So YES WE NEED THE RAIN. Just hope it isn't in flood form.
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Ms Bear

We had at least 1/2 inch of rain in town yesterday, not a drop at my house.

Diane Amberg

Wow.You all really are in bad shape. I'm so sorry. I'd send you that week if I could, but perhaps at a bit less than 2'' an hour like we were getting.That was just running off here are causing all the flooding.
I can imagine the stock men would really be worried. Will they sell off rather than buy water? What is the cost tip over point?

Judy Harder

From what I hear they did start to move cattle.don't know about sell, before they were ready. Need an answer
from cattlemen. I only know what I overhear from locals as we play cards, or share meals at cafe, etc. Not a good year for
rural people.
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk