Concerned about Elk County's image? Here's one outsider's view...

Started by Patriot, October 08, 2011, 08:28:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LoLo

I think there are about 6 people on here need to get a life for goodness sake

doobie

I can not sit by anymore, I agree with Varmit-   In August in Elk Falls a local man doing volunteer work, brush hog, was pulled off the tractor while it was running and beaten. Middle of the day, with witnesses, and to this date there have been no arrests, not even a citation.  Two men pull a man volunteering for the community off a moving tractor, with a brush hog running, beat him and nothing happens.  Maybe I don't understand, maybe all our local volunteers need a good beating from time to time.
CAUTION: if instrument is shaken sufficiently to cause arm to swing violently, damage may occur!

Varmit

Quote from: LoLo on October 13, 2011, 09:38:36 PM
I think there are about 6 people on here need to get a life for goodness sake

Really? Who and why?
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Janet Harrington

I am with Varmit on this. To LoLo, who and why do 6 people on this forum need to get a life?

Patriot

Actually, it has become apparent, here and elsewhere, that anyone who makes public a valid criticism of the status quo in these parts, is being 'negative' and is either whacko or is airing some kind of forbidden laundry and is not welcome to their opinion.  I was always taught to face the negatives head on and correct problems where the exist.  If everything were always 'positive' we would be living in that Walgreen's town of Perfect.  Unfortunately, we don't.  To believe otherwise might indicate disordered thinking.
Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Sarge

Quote from: doobie on October 14, 2011, 07:18:51 AM
I can not sit by anymore, I agree with Varmit-   In August in Elk Falls a local man doing volunteer work, brush hog, was pulled off the tractor while it was running and beaten. Middle of the day, with witnesses, and to this date there have been no arrests, not even a citation.  Two men pull a man volunteering for the community off a moving tractor, with a brush hog running, beat him and nothing happens.  Maybe I don't understand, maybe all our local volunteers need a good beating from time to time.

I never heard anything about that.
the older I get the more I know how little I knew when I knew it all

jhongreen

Honestly this is what you are going to be concerned about? Well be sure the next time that your loved one is clinging on to life who is going to show up first, will it be the elk county EMS? Hmmm... I think not. I don't know how many times I have heard only good things about the Sheriff's office during times of this nature. But that wouldn't concern everybody nor people from "Wichita". Maybe the Sheriff should wear a suit and tie look all fancy, get a little jeep he could buzz around in. But maybe the people of Elk County could appreciate what they do have A WORKING SHERIFF. Sit there and cry and moan on your big pillows about what everybody else is doing. I'm happy that the man from "Wichita" has a bad impression I don't want somebody that shallow living in my county.

Janet Harrington

Quote from: jhongreen on October 20, 2011, 05:08:11 PM
Honestly this is what you are going to be concerned about? Well be sure the next time that your loved one is clinging on to life who is going to show up first, will it be the elk county EMS? Hmmm... I think not. I don't know how many times I have heard only good things about the Sheriff's office during times of this nature. But that wouldn't concern everybody nor people from "Wichita". Maybe the Sheriff should wear a suit and tie look all fancy, get a little jeep he could buzz around in. But maybe the people of Elk County could appreciate what they do have A WORKING SHERIFF. Sit there and cry and moan on your big pillows about what everybody else is doing. I'm happy that the man from "Wichita" has a bad impression I don't want somebody that shallow living in my county.

jhongreen, I don't know who you are or where you live, but you better step back just a minute and give this comment about Elk County EMS a thought. I just asked a person on the EMS service and I was told that the sheriff's office does not go to the EMS calls. I guess you didn't get the memo about the sheriff telling his people that they will not help EMS. If you do live in Elk County, all you have to do is ask any of the people on the EMS service. If you need names, PM me and I will provide them for you. Oh, and by the way, you can tell who I am as I don't hide behind a moniker.

I don't believe that the person who made the observation while at the Elk River Festival said anything about whether the sheriff was a working sheriff or not. I am sure that sheriff's of counties such as Sedgwick County, etc., think they are working sheriffs, too. No one ever said that Doug wasn't a working sheriff. All that person said was how dirty his vest looked. And 
what makes you think that the person from Wichita that made the observation is a man? Do you know something the rest of us don't?

Janet Harrington

Quote from: doobie on October 14, 2011, 07:18:51 AM

I just learned about this, doobie? Was there even a report taken? If so, call the county attorney's office and see why charges haven't been filed? It is possible that the sheriff's office did their part of it, taking the report, doing the investigation, and turning in the report to the county attorney. It is possible that the county attorneyis the hold up and not the sheriff's office. The victim needs to follow up on this and I would start with the county attorney.

Wilma

Isn't it odd that Sarge hasn't heard anything about this incident, being who he is and where he lives?  Is anyone sure that this even happened?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk