Concerned about Elk County's image? Here's one outsider's view...

Started by Patriot, October 08, 2011, 08:28:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patriot

Quote from: srkruzich on October 08, 2011, 07:33:36 PM
what is the safe lifespan of a vest?

Most are warranted for 5 yrs, but physical bending/rough handling, sweat, temperature, humidity and other enviro factors can reduce effectiveness in less time.  But that really has no bearing on the community image created by wearing a disheveled uniform with an unclean vest worn outside the uniform shirt.

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

srkruzich

Quote from: Patriot on October 08, 2011, 07:42:34 PM
Most are warranted for 5 yrs, but physical bending/rough handling, sweat, temperature, humidity and other enviro factors can reduce effectiveness in less time.  But that really has no bearing on the community image created by wearing a disheveled uniform with an unclean vest worn outside the uniform shirt.

Thats true!
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Wilma

Unless things have been changed, there is a private bathroom, complete with shower in the sheriff's private part of the jail.  It only makes sense that he keep clean clothes at the jail.  However, I cannot answer as to why our sheriff appeared unkempt at that time.

Roma Jean Turner

The real point of this isn't showers  etc.  It is once more we have someone using the Forum to single out another citizen and stir up potential problems for them and their livlihood.  You got a beef with the sheriff..walk down the street,  ring the bell and have a chat.  Man to man.

Judy Harder

that is so true Roma. He might not have been on duty that day and the other deputy's were.......I also kind of remember him being involved in the bank robbery........or just trying to enjoy his family and the festival that day.
Boy, talk about grumpy..If any of you accusers are saints step out and show yourselves.....Gee!
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

srkruzich

Yall gotta remember this was brought up by a wichita resident. 
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Patriot

Quote from: Roma Jean Turner on October 09, 2011, 07:41:28 AM
The real point of this isn't showers  etc.

That much of your statement is true, Roma....

Quote from: srkruzich on October 09, 2011, 07:55:52 AM
Yall gotta remember this was brought up by a wichita resident. 

The real point is about honest introspection and learning to take honest criticism from others who see our community from the outside looking in.  Are you so blind that you still believe I made the critique?  Re-read the first post in this thread.  Steve is right.

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Varmit

Frankly, I don't give a damn what he had done prior to attending the Festival. He should have cleaned himself up first, period. If his vest was dirty that is his responsibility he should maintain his equipment. For crying out loud how many cops do you need at any event in Elk County anyway?  Did they all show up in hopes of getting their picture in the paper?

They handle rural issues??...When was the last time you saw any of our cops on a gravel road?  For that matter when was the last time you saw any of them out of howard and off the higway?  I live in grenola and quite frankly it is a rare thing to see any police presence in this town. 

But since we're talking image, does anyone know if our sheriffs dept. has physical requirements for their officers?  Call me kooky but I think that a cop should by in good physical condition as well as having a clean and serviceable uniform.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

kshillbillys

You mean to tell me a bank was robbed in Howard? When did this happen? A long time ago? Recently? Or did it coincide with an event that was going on in Coffeyville where 2 banks were robbed by the Dalton Gang? Can't prove it but I doubt the Daltons ever stepped foot in Howard. It's nice to have a reenactment of something that actually happened, but in Howard's case that would be just make believe right? I got an idea, how about next year we put on the battle at Little Big Horn, I mean hell it didn't happen in Howard either. Just stating the obvious...Mr. KSH
ROBERT AND JENNIFER WALKER

YOU CALL US HILLBILLYS LIKE THAT'S A BAD THING! WE ARE SO FLATTERED!

THAT'S MS. HILLBILLY TO YOU!

Diane Amberg

My goodness! One would think that just plain fun for the sake of nothing more than fun itself was suddenly illegal. Questioning the condition of your Sheriff I understand, but to now jump on the reenactment because it didn't really happen? Why so sour and sarcastic?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk