Concerned about Elk County's image? Here's one outsider's view...

Started by Patriot, October 08, 2011, 08:28:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilma

Varmit, what do you call someone who flies the American flag upside down?

Diane Amberg

I don't know what Varmit will say ,but around here it would be either someone in serious trouble wanting help or someone being hugely in-your- face disrespectful.

srkruzich

Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Wilma

I am surprised that people who claim to be patriotic can show disrespect to our flag and other people, who also claim to be patriotic, approve of it.

srkruzich

Quote from: Wilma on October 28, 2011, 08:45:52 PM
I am surprised that people who claim to be patriotic can show disrespect to our flag and other people, who also claim to be patriotic, approve of it.

The upside down U.S. flag is an official signal of distress. It is not meant to be, and is not officially recognized as any type of disrespect when so displayed for the right reasons. To the contrary, here is the relevant part of the US Code of Laws regarding how to fly the flag when in distress:
THE FLAG CODE
Title 36, U.S.C., Chapter 10
As amended by P.L. 344, 94th Congress
Approved July 7, 1976

§ 176. Respect for flag: No disrespect should be shown to the flag of the United States of America; the flag should not be dipped to any person or thing. Regimental colors, State flags, and organization or institutional flags are to be dipped as a mark of honor.

(a) The flag should never be displayed with the union down, except as a signal of dire distress in instances of extreme danger to life or property.

Most individuals who have served in the military service of our nation will (or should) recognize this signal.

As a result of the many traitors and enemies we as a free people have, both foreign and domestic, as a result of the many unconstitutional acts, legislation and atrocities passed and/or committed against US citizens and their life, liberty and property, and as a result of policies that have allowed (and continue to allow) enemies of this nation to enter in large numbers through a porous border policy, I believe the life, liberty and property of US Citizens are in dire danger and distress.

srkruzich

IF you think this country is not in distress you've got your head buried in the sand OR you are a part of the problem

Wilma

This country might be in distress, but do you think that flying the flag upside down will be of any help?

srkruzich

Quote from: Wilma on October 29, 2011, 12:30:32 PM
This country might be in distress, but do you think that flying the flag upside down will be of any help?
It doesn't hurt.  If it draws attention to the state of the country it does help

Wilma

And just who do you think is stupid enough to not know what condition our country is in by this time?  If the people who care don't know what is going on by now, they are never going to know.  And the people who don't care, all the flags in the country flying upside down is not going to make them care.

Excuse me, but the sight of our flag upside down is offensive to me when it is not a signal for someone who is in distress and needing immediate help to survive.  And don't tell me that that is the situation with the U.S.  Telling me again is not going to change my mind about what is disrespect of our flag.

srkruzich

Quote from: Wilma on October 29, 2011, 06:16:04 PM
And just who do you think is stupid enough to not know what condition our country is in by this time?  If the people who care don't know what is going on by now, they are never going to know.  And the people who don't care, all the flags in the country flying upside down is not going to make them care.

Excuse me, but the sight of our flag upside down is offensive to me when it is not a signal for someone who is in distress and needing immediate help to survive.  And don't tell me that that is the situation with the U.S.  Telling me again is not going to change my mind about what is disrespect of our flag.

Whatever. Your opinion.  Its offensive to me the fact that 47% are sucking the lifeblood out of this nation.  Much more relevant than being offended when someone signals distress over the nations condition. Oh and 47% of the population ARE Stupid enough to not know what condition it is in. They are the ones constantly sucking the other 53% dry.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk