Concerned about Elk County's image? Here's one outsider's view...

Started by Patriot, October 08, 2011, 08:28:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diane Amberg

Don't worry, we'd never do that.  :o  My point is people make assumptions about what they think they see and don't really know what's going on.
  We did stop in route on time with a teenager who had a bad cut on his  upper leg from a saw, when about 3 blocks away on the same street there was a child hit by a car just as we started to leave for the hospital. We had to pass by there and stopped to see what could be done. I stayed with my patient, who was stable, while my partner ,who was completely clean, went and stabilized the little boy while we waited for our second ambulance to come.Turned out both families knew each other.

srkruzich

Quote from: Diane Amberg on October 08, 2011, 06:34:04 PM
Don't worry, we'd never do that.  :o  My point is people make assumptions about what they think they see and don't really know what's going on.
  We did stop in route on time with a teenager who had a bad cut on his  upper leg from a saw, when about 3 blocks away on the same street there was a child hit by a car just as we started to leave for the hospital. We had to pass by there and stopped to see what could be done. I stayed with my patient, who was stable, while my partner ,who was completely clean, went and stabilized the little boy while we waited for our second ambulance to come.Turned out both families knew each other.

Thats totally kool.  I was afraid that you were saying that you have done this.  That isn't kool in todays age. Now i would have to say in a MASSIVE DISASTER like 9/11 that goes out the door since there was no way it could be contained.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Ms Bear

How long has it been since he got a new bullet proof vest?  If it is that dirty he probably prefers to wear it on the outside. 

Patriot

Quote from: Ms Bear on October 08, 2011, 06:55:32 PM
How long has it been since he got a new bullet proof vest?  If it is that dirty he probably prefers to wear it on the outside. 

If the fibers haven't broken down (vest still useable), and at a cost of $200 - $400 each for a new vest, wouldn't finding a way to properly clean it make more sense?

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

srkruzich

Quote from: Patriot on October 08, 2011, 07:02:08 PM
If the fibers haven't broken down (vest still useable), and at a cost of $200 - $400 each for a new vest, wouldn't finding a way to properly clean it make more sense?

the last i checked uhm kevlar was washable.

Patriot

Quote from: srkruzich on October 08, 2011, 07:04:44 PM
the last i checked uhm kevlar was washable.

Yes, but sweat and some environmental elements can cause some fiber breakdown over time and reduce the effectiveness of the vest.
Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Diane Amberg

The Kevlar inserts can be surface cleaned with mild soap..The vest itself is washable there are some things that can't be used on the Kevlar as it breaks down the fibers but right now I can't remember what it is.

srkruzich

Quote from: Patriot on October 08, 2011, 07:07:28 PM
Yes, but sweat and some environmental elements can cause some fiber breakdown over time and reduce the effectiveness of the vest.
hmm then there needs to be a budget that can provide replacements.  Maybe having them cleaned appropriately ect.  That is a justifiable expense.   Just like their weapons their protective gear needs to be maintained constantly and the cost should not come out of their pockets. 

Might be a good use of public tax dollars to go to maintenance of the sheriffs equipment than to spend on non profit orgs.

srkruzich

Diane Amberg

It depends on the wear and tear of the user, but about 6 years is average I think.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk