American Legion Membership

Started by frawin, October 02, 2011, 08:24:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jarhead

Frank,
Most of the time it was around $3.30. as we flew by one sign it was under $3.00 but I wonder if it was flex fuel. Get tired of having to wait to have them turn the pumps on so we decided to take the plunge and modernize and got them there debit cards. Not one single time on this trip would a gas pump except them . Then get home to find out the bank had been calling because someone tried to use our numbers in Mississippi and it threw up a red flag. Can't believe someone tried to steal my identity . I bet it's that sorry ass ol Sarge. He has always been jealous that I'm a chick magnet and he is butt ugly----and I'm a better fisherman.

larryJ

Yeah, that was an unfortunate thing.  Guy was upset over losing custody of his kid and decided to kill his ex.  Sad part is, he killed seven other people that didn't have anything to do with the whole situation.  Such a shameful loss.  This is one guy that they should just take out to the ocean and hang him just above a school of sharks.  I am truly saddened by this incident.  It is just so senseless.

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Ms Bear

They had all kinds of excuses for him, none that I could see would warrant killing anyone over.  Sounds like an extremely selfish man to me.

Larry, your idea of what to do with him sounds good to me.

The sad part is that now that child has lost his mother and will have to visit his dad in prison.  Just so sad for everyone involved.

jarhead

Yes, the History Channel is doing a documentary called Vietnam in High Definition and it's due out in November. They are juxtaposing Hamburger Hill with 484 and I even have some TV star playing my part. (They didn't use my words, so don't blame me. I find that documentaries fudge a little on the entertainment side more than any true history would be, but still, the outfit that did it, Lou Reda Productions, is a very good and conscientious bunch and I enjoyed working with them. I've also been asked to go film with Ken Burns in January. He is doing a documentary on Vietnam that will probably be out in a couple of years. We'll all be famous yet. We're just too old and fat to play ourselves in the movies.
S/F
Karl

Larry,
This is an e-mail I received from Lt. Karl Marlantes, author of the best seller ,"Matterhorn: A Novel of the Vietnam War" Marlantes was a platoon commander and then XO of Charlie 1-4, my old company Now before you go to laughing about his statement about being too old and fat to be in the movies---it does not mean me because this taking of hill 484---Mutters Ridge--LZ Mack or whatever they call it in the documentary was  before I got to Nam so don't be looking for a character they call Chesty Jr. :D

larryJ

Jarhead, when I first started reading this, I was quite impressed that you would have all those connections and be involved in all the things mentioned until I got to the "old and fat" part.  Then I knew it couldn't have been you as you have stated in other posts that you are still in trim fighting shape.  (Shut up, Sarge, let me finish this.)  And then I saw that it was an e-mail that was sent to you.  

However, I will be interested to see this documentary when it comes out.  I will just sit and imagine I am looking at you charging the hill......................................... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:  ROTFLMO.  I just couldn't say that with a straight face!  Sorry!

Besides I see that Blondie is going to be in the neighborhood so I gotta get R.A.M.B.O. digging harder on that bomb shelter to cover my.....................behind. :o

Larryj

Diane Amberg

Uh, you guys don't really need wind farms do ya?

larryJ

Would that be a reference to "Blow hards?"   ::)

Or just "windy." ;)

Or?   ???

Larryj

jarhead

Laughing Boy aka Larry,
I loaned Blondie my best beanie flipper and a bag of cat-eye marbles so you better wear your hard hat  for a couple of days !! :D

Judy Harder

Larry, Jar, and Sarge, you could be the next 3 Stooges
Your act is priceless.............LOL always a laugh.
Thanks. You are "Awesome"

Ok, don't let it go to your head........your hats are already snug.
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

larryJ

Well, we already know which one is Larry.  Now we gotta find out which one is Moe and which one is Curly. ;D

Larryj

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk