American Legion Membership

Started by frawin, October 02, 2011, 08:24:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frawin

Quote from: frawin on October 05, 2011, 05:28:21 PM
I tried to call a friend in Texas that is a State Trooper, I want to tell him to watch for a Kansas tag in the Austin  area and in the Austin to Houston area. I was going to tell him the guy claims to be a Marine attending a gathering of his old out fit, but in reality he is smuggling dope from Mexico.
If they stopped Jug  I mean  Jarhead, they would see right away how innocent he is.

larryJ

So where is the boy?  ???  Did he actually get busted in Texas?  Did he get lost and can't find Kansas?  Did he and all his Marine buddies get drunk enough and re-enlist?   :o

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

jarhead

Quote from Larry:
So where is the boy?    Did he actually get busted in Texas?  Did he get lost and can't find Kansas?  Did he and all his Marine buddies get drunk enough and re-enlist?   

Larryj

RE-ENLIST ? What you smoking out there in California, Larry ? Hell, if a DI told me to drop down and give him 25 I might give him one or two then he would have to help me up----and running ? My legs have forgot how to run !!
You know about how things are bigger in Texas ? Well, their fibbers are bigger than mine. They say they aint had no rain. It rained almost all day Sat in Austin--then Sunday rained all the way from Austin to Houston. Almost made it to Houston and it was a toad strangler and visibility was zilch crap then Bertha Big Mouth ( my b#tch in a box) got "slightly confused" and had me driving by buildings that were taller than any tree in Elk county. Hell, I started looking for Ms Bears house and thought maybe she could put us up for a few days but before I got to Galveston, Bertha Big Mouth got her head on straight and took us to Candlelight Lane--oh, and that flattened orange pylon some idiot put in the middle of the exit ramp---and the 10 car pile-up behind it ? Wasn't me that caused it !!!!
Next years big reunion will be in Orlando, Fl ( doubt I will be going ) because if I wanted to see Goofy I would just go fishing with ol Sarge.

larryJ

:laugh: LOL, Jarhead, but seriously I am glad you are home safe and sound.  (You are home, right?)  You might want to reconsider Florida.  I went there for a cousin's reunion a few years ago in a town not far from Tampa.  I was impressed with the area.  Wouldn't want to live there, tho.  Anyway, looking forward to hearing about your trip............I mean the stuff you can put on a family forum!

Larryj

jarhead

Like always, had a great time at my reunion, Larry. I even got a special presentation from one of our Corpsman. Doc Wayne couldn't be there but mailed a cap, JUST FOR ME. All my tall tales---er---a--I mean war stories of being at the Frozin Chosin with my Daddy, Chesty Puller finally paid off. Doc send a cap that says" Two war veteran" on the bill and "Korea / Vietnam ' on the front. Guess this is proof enough that I can continue with my tales. :D
Had two new member show. One was WIA and gone a month before I got to Nam so I didn't know him. The other got there late in June and when the 4th Regiment got pulled out in Oct, A.J. went south to the 1st Div at Da Nang. I've often wondered about him.He said he did OK until April,1970 and he was getting short and thinking he "might" get out alive. Then in a 3 week period he was wounded 3 times---all head/ face wounds--all shrapnel but the last one put him in a hospital for several months.
My good buddy Ski was there still threatening  to kill me---all because of what I thought was a spiffy haircut I gave him in Nam with a comb and razor blade. Jeez, after 42 years you would think he would learn to forget and forgive !!
Went to a reunion a few years back to St Augustine. It was nice but Florida aint my cup of tea. Way too many people for this country lad.

larryJ

Ha, you sure wouldn't live here then!  In my "little" town, there are enough people to fill up about 35 "Howards" and my "little" town is one of many on the county.  On the other hand, after all these years in suburbia, I am not sure I could survive in a rural setting now.  I have grown too used to the convenience of everything you need is within 10 miles.  I did enjoy living in small towns growing up, tho.

Congrats on the hat!  That was pretty special.  And that guy you gave the buzz to should man-up. ;D

Larryj

Sarge

Quote from: jarhead on October 12, 2011, 11:14:37 AM
if I wanted to see Goofy I would just go fishing with ol Sarge.

Oh ha ha, you're a regular damn riot you are.
the older I get the more I know how little I knew when I knew it all

jarhead

Quote from Larry:
And that guy you gave the buzz to should man-up.

I agree with you ,Larry. Hell,just last evening Ski sent to a few of us a news flash about someone going bonkers there in California and shooting a bunch of people in a hair salon. Ski said he could understand why someone would get that upset over a haircut. I still don't know why he was upset. He was the only one in Nam that his hair looked like wooden shingles on a roof

Ms Bear

Jarhead, I kept the umbrella out in case you stopped by.  We did finally get some rain so now we are only 24 inches behind normal.

We did get wind yesterday, they are still trying to decide if it was a tornado or straight line winds.  Lots of limbs down near here but no damage on my property.  One woman was injured when a tree fell on her travel trailer and she was life flighted to Houston.

Glad you had a good trip even with the rain.

frawin

Welcome home Jarhead, sounds like you had a good trip. What were Texas Gasoline prices?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk