'Machine Gun Preacher' Under Heavy Fire

Started by Warph, September 27, 2011, 04:57:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warph

Sam Childers, who was on Huckabee this past weekend and a subject of a new movie, is accused of neglecting children at his orphanage in South Sudan.  Okumu and others said they witnessed Childers staging photographs of himself fighting against the LRA in order to make his story sound more compelling and to attract more donors to his ministry. Okumu said Childers used guards and children from the orphanage to stage the photos nearby. "He claimed to be rescuing kidnapped children from the LRA," Okumu said. "But it was false. He just took pictures of the children in the bush around the compound here."

http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2011/septemberweb-only/machinegunpreacher.html?start=3#.ToDV15x1UBY.email
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

sodbuster

Hey Warph, I am back from Tahoe, tell Slappy to call me. I have seen a few previews and heard some of the music from Soundgarten founder Chris Cornell on Tavis Smiley.  I will watch the movie first and feel good. Then I will read the true story and feel exploited. That is my coping mechanism, to keep me from just giving up on the whole world. ::)
:laugh:
David
Breathe deep the gathering gloom,Watch lights fade from every room.Bedsitter people look back and lament,Another day's useless energy spent.Impassioned lovers wrestle as one,Lonely man cries for love and has none.New mother picks up and suckles her son,Senior citizens wish they were young.MoodyBlues

farmgal67357

Quote from: sodbuster on September 27, 2011, 05:05:35 PM
I will watch the movie first and feel good. Then I will read the true story and feel exploited. That is my coping mechanism, to keep me from just giving up on the whole world. ::)
:laugh:
David

It sucks that we have to do that sometimes huh David? There always has to be something bad in something good. I guess the good for me is that Gerard Butler is in this movie. May I just say, HUBBA HUBBA?
My husband is STILL cuter..... ;D
Lisa
Glad you enjoyed Tahoe!
Lisa

Diane Amberg

I enjoy that whole Tahoe, State Line, Incline Village area. Very pretty drive and always smells so good in the evergreens. Can't get used to seeing the Coast Guard on the lake though.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk